BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Any regrets? In life I mean, would you change it?
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
I have no regrets. I have two homes now, San Diego and La Paz, When I was young I spent my crazy years in TJ, Rosarito and Ensenada. Now I'm retired and I'm still hooked.
If those crazy years were in the late sixties or early 70's we may have met in an earlier life:lol:

In Memory of E-57
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 03:33 PM

I Regret out living my money
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2014 at 07:58 AM

The way each event of our lives are interconnected, I'd be afraid to change anything. I think they call it the "butterfly effect." Change one little thing, and it could change your whole world. I think I'll stick with what I have. I have it pretty good. :coolup:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-17-2014 at 10:31 AM
Regrets?

Just marrying my Ex-wife. Wait; scratch that. If I hadn't married her I wouldn't have my kids, grand kids and great-grandkids today. No regrets for that.

Bob Durrell
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 5-17-2014 at 10:41 AM

As I said when I was turning 50 and about to get my shoulder rebuilt, "If I knew I was going to in this good of shape I would have gone harder".:tumble::spingrin::tumble::spingrin:
My life has been very good and will continue to be blessed for as long as it lasts.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

Trueheart
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2014 at 07:52 AM

durrellrobert:

Was thinking exactly what you said when I saw the topic headline. Was wondering if anyone else thought the same, and bingo, there's your post.
That "ex" dilemma thing. Sure don't miss her, but kids/grandkids has higher standing.

I could have divorced her almost ten years prior and looking back it would have made more sense, been better for all. Live and learn. That past experience taught me what a wonderful wife I have now.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2014 at 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trueheart
durrellrobert:

Was thinking exactly what you said when I saw the topic headline. Was wondering if anyone else thought the same, and bingo, there's your post.
That "ex" dilemma thing. Sure don't miss her, but kids/grandkids has higher standing.

I could have divorced her almost ten years prior and looking back it would have made more sense, been better for all. Live and learn. That past experience taught me what a wonderful wife I have now.
Mega dittos for my current wife.

Bob Durrell
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 5-18-2014 at 08:15 AM
life

Myself,,Have gotten to the age where I know what I want in a car and a Dog...and know what I don't want in a Lady !!
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2014 at 08:48 AM

"...and know what I don't want in a Lady !!" :lol::lol:
Are you practicing abstinence now?

Bob Durrell
grace59
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2014 at 09:21 AM

I'm almost 55 now and sometimes I wonder about what would have happened if I'd done one thing over another in my life, but I don't regret anything....what has come before makes us who we are today and I am happy with that. After all, it has led me to Baja where I have a beautiful home and many friends. My heart is there and hopefully I can be there full time soon!
As Mark Twain said,
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Go out there and live it while you can!!! That way when you can no longer explore you will have great memories and no regrets!!

Whenever I hear that rainy, chill wind blow. I think it may be time to head for Mexico. Tengo que obedecer mi corazon!
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 5-18-2014 at 04:19 PM
MY ONLY REGRET...

ON DECEMBER 12, 1980....

I would have bought another 10,000 shares of APPLE from their IPO!!

MIGUELAMO :yes: :light: :yes: :light: :yes:

Nomad Amigos...Here\'s hoping you all have safe Baja travels, amazing sunrises, sunny days, comforting breezes, beautiful sunsets, tasty tacos, cold cervezas and frosty margaritas!!
SlyOnce
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2014 at 01:29 PM

I spent half the money I ever made on women and boats.
The rest I wasted!
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 5-19-2014 at 02:42 PM

nope!...not one thing!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2014 at 01:12 PM

My answer is from a 21 foot VHF antennae.

First crossed the border maybe 11 years ago with it extending beyond the front & rear a long ass 4 door 4x4 previous government owned Ford pickup . . . long bed. Surprised when the border guys didn't think a thing of it.

Built a tall tower for it. Became Radio Loreto, same antennae the coast guard uses at their American stations.

Anyway, the tower leaned after the last storm . . . cannot be repaired . . . tower is corroded, and came down today.

Dropping the thing, the antennae fractured. Toll of intense sunlight here. It was brittle.

So how's it relate? Cannot be helped. Time and stuff took its toll, same as my body.

Do the best you can given your vices. Baja helps. Be dead if I hadn't come here.

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 5-20-2014 at 04:49 PM

Many inspiring sentiments. Nice.
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2014 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AmoPescar
ON DECEMBER 12, 1980....

I would have bought another 10,000 shares of APPLE from their IPO!!

MIGUELAMO :yes: :light: :yes: :light: :yes:

Funny you should say that. I just opened my dividend check from Apple. I bought at $8 a share a long time ago. I sure do regret not buying more.

I regret not facing my fears more often... dancing with lions, suppressing my lizard brain.
I'm not talking about riding a motorcycle in the rain at midnight with federales stopping me with their AK47s. I'm talking about my fear of getting out of my comfort zone with meeting new people, telling a woman she is beautiful, attempting to speak Spanish with the locals when I really want to hear their story. I have missed many opportunities because I was so afraid people would think I would say something stupid.

I even have a fear of clicking the "post reply" button.

Here goes...
deportes
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2014 at 07:48 PM

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life/common-regrets-of-the-d...

Interesting article from a nurse in Australia.

Baja keeps calling. Hope I don't regret waiting for retirement!

Gracias a la vida que me ha dado tanto!
emorris548

[*] posted on 5-20-2014 at 07:50 PM

In 2010 and again in 2013 we decided to go other places rather than Baja. Looking forward this winter to go home, visit our friends and to do anything to help the people of Mulege to recover. We have seen a lit in our travels but Baja always feels like home.
dirtbikr
Junior Nomad

Mood: start slow....then taper off!

[*] posted on 5-20-2014 at 07:54 PM

I regret not realizing the mormon church is a cult and not getting out sooner.

If you\'re not living on the EDGE... You\'re taking up too much room! Its never too late for a darkside.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 5-20-2014 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Just marrying my Ex-wife. Wait; scratch that. If I hadn't married her I wouldn't have my kids, grand kids and great-grandkids today. No regrets for that.

DITTO BRO
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.