BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: BODY'S FOR RANSOM IN MEXICO.
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Don't know about the "so I've been told", BUT I do know that those I've known over the years in Baja (quite a few, in fact) whose Spouse chose to have the body shipped home were charged like (around $10K +/-) amounts.

Obviously, a Ripoff, but Quien Sabe as to reason ?

From what i have ben told in some areas 0f Baja they do not Embalm the body. tus they bury them like the next day. never the less I would think it would be a huge expence getting the body through american customs probably you would be required to provide a aurtopsi report and certification the person didnt die from some highly contagious disease. I cant see where a 2 or 300 mile ride would cost 13k
I defer to the Expert. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 05:45 PM

A local tree trimmer drank energy drinks all day long then went home and drank whiskey to come down, one evening he just went face down dead in his pasta, he was in his late 40's those energy drinks are strong.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 06:19 PM

Cardiac disease and arteriosclerosis are in full bloom in the late 40's and any stimulant could trigger a heart attack. A teenager or someone in their early 20's would not be affected to this degree and the chances of a heart attack at that age would be very low, except for someone with a congenital or hereditary defect. BTW, the law in Mexico states that every deceased individual must be embalmed within 24 hours, even if they are to be cremated.
Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
A local tree trimmer drank energy drinks all day long then went home and drank whiskey to come down, one evening he just went face down dead in his pasta, he was in his late 40's those energy drinks are strong.

[Edited on 6-30-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 07:03 PM

Earlier this month a friend was deathly ill here in Punta Banda and was transported to the border by International Emergency Response ambulance from Ensenada. WWith an EMT in attendance, oxygen, IV and pain medication in route. Total cost for approx. 100 miles was $800 USD. At the border they went to secondary where she was transferred to a US ambulance and driven about 10 miles to the Scripps hospital in Chula Vista for a cost of $1,800.

Bob Durrell
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 09:56 PM
Excrement Occurs

Having known a few "early-mid 40s" supposedly in perfect health who croaked suddenly from the pump going Thud, it's not surprising.

Back about 20 years ago, there was a Flight Instructor in Yucca Valley sitting in the Bar at the airport after just having renewed his FAA Medical. He went face-down at the table.

As they say............."Life's Uncertain. Eat Dessert FIRST".
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-30-2014 at 02:01 PM

Bob I don't think people realize the body has to be embalmed and then the transport up at the border as well as the American Funeral Home has to receive the body and make arrangements on their end and their charges.
Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Earlier this month a friend was deathly ill here in Punta Banda and was transported to the border by International Emergency Response ambulance from Ensenada. WWith an EMT in attendance, oxygen, IV and pain medication in route. Total cost for approx. 100 miles was $800 USD. At the border they went to secondary where she was transferred to a US ambulance and driven about 10 miles to the Scripps hospital in Chula Vista for a cost of $1,800.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2014 at 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Bob I don't think people realize the body has to be embalmed and then the transport up at the border as well as the American Funeral Home has to receive the body and make arrangements on their end and their charges.

Probably not the case here. The patient is still alive.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-30-2014 at 02:11 PM

I am talking about the Arizona girl that died, the original subject of this thread Dennis.
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr

Probably not the case here. The patient is still alive.
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2014 at 05:53 PM

http://www.bajanomad.com/columnists/fhoctor/

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2014 at 10:47 PM

DavidT that was an amusing story - and I learned about the articles area of this site, which I never knew existed...thanks!
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2014 at 05:48 PM

It seem you can't escape mordida even after death
terrigreen

[*] posted on 7-13-2014 at 08:35 PM

The story was on FOX NEWS?? That right there is a huge tell. Who believes anything reported on FOX news? Also I used to live in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) and there is more than one funeral home. The number of $13000 must have been pesos...unless they are including cost after crossing into the states.
wetto
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 02:27 PM

Energy drinks are, by themselves, not always safe. My cousin Peter Schlendorf died in his 20's while on vacation after drinking these.

www.cbsnews.com/news/dangerous-enough-to-ban

Lee S
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.