BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: What have you lost in Baja?
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 08:22 PM

A loss of fear and the loss of good friends.

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 08:31 PM

My now ex-husband once told me that the thing he loved most about me was that I was not afraid of anything and the thing he hated most about me then was that I was not afraid of anything!! LOL
He is actually reading this..... you know its' true.

My house was broken into many times in Cabo. I almost expected it. Once here in Todos Santos.

What have I lost? My mind at times, my money, my house, by car and my innocence. I am tougher, and at times more fragile. I laugh freer and sometime cry just as freely.

Life is lovely in Baja. The people are awesome if sometimes frustrating. I feel very much at home here. Whatever I lost I found in other things.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-23-2014 at 07:11 AM

Great attitude Katie!

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 8-24-2014 at 11:18 PM

Lost our keys to the motorhome in Coyote bay, pulled up after a 10 hour day on the road and immediately jumped in the water for a swim and a beer. About a day later couldn't find the keys and realized what I thought had happened. That was until about 2 years later when I found them up in a corner of a cabinet where I must have put them for safe keeping. Drove home with a hot wired motorhome praying the checkpoints didn't notice and didn't ask. I now never leave home without multiple spares.

I also seem to always loose my stress although some how it always seems to find me again north of the border.
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 8-25-2014 at 05:46 AM

A cat.

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 8-25-2014 at 10:39 AM

We lost our house at Buenaventura to the Back Hand, "El Mano Negro"!! as did 4 other gringos... It was our piece of paradise for 10 years and then.......
Still going back though...

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2014 at 10:49 AM

I've lost over 1,000,000 brain cells and half of my liver.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2014 at 11:32 AM

As a result of several break-ins, we lost a home theater system, all of our tools and knives, most of our canned and dry goods, all of our tequila, and all of our outside copper water piping. All replaceable (outside pipe is now PVC). But the last time we got hit it was two motorcycles, helmets and body armor, which was too much for me just to let it go. A substantial donation to the local constabulary got someone's attention and the bikes, helmets and body armor were magically returned two weeks later, a little worse for the wear. Whoever was riding mine went down hard on his shoulder and head, as evidenced by deep scrapes on the right sides of the bike and the body armor and a chip on the right side of the helmet. I hope it hurt like hell.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
LukeJobbins
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2014 at 03:14 PM

We lost a boat due to the trailer breaking a bit south of el rosario a few years ago. Tongue broke clean off and the boat went flying off the side and landed in silt. We didn't have time or the means to try to save it. Left it in the desert and someone got a good boat. It was an aluminum 18ft and the trailer was buried but the boat ended up sitting in the silt and it looked like it was floating in the water. So many other countless smaller things lost on many of our camping trips.
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 8-26-2014 at 05:57 PM

last week I was on the road to Tortugas. I was so fried from catching YFT for two days straight. Lotsa tuna.

I come upon a pathfinder the was disabled and a truck. I stopped and asked if they needed help. About 6 young guys were milling around the truck. They said they needed a tow cable. I got out my badass MOFO tow cable with custom hooks and said here ya go. You know Tomas? Si muy bien. Give it to him when you see him OK.

Si Tomas es mi amigo..... says the one chico.

hijole stupido gringo viejo.

I'm 50yo and still earning everyday.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2014 at 06:25 PM

I lost my religion in Baja. JK, but it sounded cool so I went with it.

I have lost my passports and reading glasses after a break-in, and a body board on the road to Punta Baja.

Trueheart
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2014 at 07:44 PM

I lost my license plate off of my ATV trailer ..... TWICE! Two different years/trips. Both times claimed by the road coming from Jardines to Highway 1 after a big rain. I was trudging through slop!
mike odell
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2014 at 09:00 PM

After 23 years in La Ribera, I have lost too many relatives, good friends,
all of the really old pioneers, Bob Van Wormer, Jimmy Smith, Frank Warne,
David Mai, so goes life as we all understand. We all have a time to live, a time
to pass. Memories remain though.
On a happier note, I have lost a lot of Pacifico, by my own hand, some by great
and current friends! I have not lost a lot of personal property as some of you have, all stuff can be replaced though. Watch your top nott, keep your nose in
the wind! Baja is still a place that is a home for those who love her, and
I do.

latrinidadrvranchrestaurant.com

Everybody knows Murphy\'s Law.
Martinez Law; Murphy was a damn optimist!
Quote by: Jimmy Smith
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.