Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Mulege checking all vehicles
Marinero
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willyAirstream
They are only stopping quads and motos to tell them to wear a helmet or get a ticket.

Stopping quads everywhere, like off-road, or on the streets?

Si estás buscando la person que cambiará su vida, échale una mirada en el espejo.

Fish logo from www.usafishing.com, used w/permission.

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have.....
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 06:27 PM

Just in town Marinero.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 06:59 PM

glad to see it happening.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 07:12 PM

Why would anyone be glad to see this happening? Sounds like arbitrary enforcement. What do they care if the Americans pay registration in the USA? I guess they have all the other crime stamped out and have some free time... :)
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 07:13 PM

I'm glad to keep my pickup legal, no worries, but this brings up a concern shared with others. Not one to ascribe to a double-standard but I feel concern for those who are impacted hardest by this.

The locals don't intentionally flaunt the law by and large, but it's so hard financially for so many to live up to the law's exact letter. in a society that is already overburdened by its quest of basic needs of living, it's even more difficult when a family's transportation is taken away and fines are levied.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 07:31 PM

so....when they smack into your car...where is the burden/ no registration, no insurance. hit and run has happened to more than one. They care loco because it is the law.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 07:34 PM

Are you saying they are enforcing mexican vehicle insurance? That is not what I was getting from this thread. US registration has no bearing on collision insurance in Mexico
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 07:52 PM

Helmet enforcement, too? That is a new one in Mexico. Jajajajaja
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
so....when they smack into your car...where is the burden/ no registration, no insurance. hit and run has happened to more than one. They care loco because it is the law.

Ditto on Quads - Quads are off road vehicles - can you legally drive a Quad on the streets in your town USA or Canada - no
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 08:15 PM

Mojo-
You realize Mexico has a different legal system, right?
It is NOT the USA or Canada.
And that is one of her beautiful qualities!
If you want USA, stay there
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tioloco
What do they care if the Americans pay registration in the USA? I guess they have all the other crime stamped out and have some free time... :)

Why should gringos have special status to drive their USA car to Mexico to use it forever in Mexico without maintaining registration in any country?????
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 08:46 PM

Goat-
I would understand if Mexicans required some permit in their country for long term visitors. Just don't get why they would care if it's current in USA....
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 08:56 PM

Quote:
Goat-
I would understand if Mexicans required some permit in their country for long term visitors. Just don't get why they would care if it's current in USA....
Why? Because they can. Think $$$.

It'll be fun this winter to see if they make all the quad-driving winter visitors wear helmets.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 09:00 PM

Helmets seem laughable considering all of the other "at your own risk" things in Mexico.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 01:07 AM

Many quads qualify for street legal status in the USA in many states. Here in AZ lots of quads occupy the streets in resort areas legally.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 02:34 AM

Quads on the street are legal in my home town in Colorado. Must have current sticker, not driven on State or Federal hiways.......The law in Mexico re: current US registration is not new..Neither is the gringowhine.

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 05:48 AM

Just another scheme to put money in the coffers of this municipality.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 07:14 AM

Quote:
Are you saying they are enforcing mexican vehicle insurance? That is not what I was getting from this thread. US registration has no bearing on collision insurance in Mexico

valid registration IS required for insurance. Guess you never had an unregistered car hit you (in lets say San Quintin) and have everyone poor out and head for the hills because it is unregistered.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 07:18 AM

"Just another scheme to put money in the coffers of this municipality"
Or follow-up to orders to find stolen cars, stolen goods (quads). Why would an owner of a vehicle think they don't have to register it and comply with the most basic tenets of vehicle ownership? Maybe slow down the stolen car highway into Mexico if the end result is that it will eventually be confiscated because it can't be legally registered in Mexico. We would all win with lower insurance. Go get 'em.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 07:40 AM

A couple of times in Loreto the police set up stops at major intersections and stop every vehicle (Mexican and US) asking for registration and drivers license. Not sure what happens if you don't have it current, but I think it's a good thing.
As for helmets on quads, I say let those idiots ride without one if that's how much they value their head. I always wear a helmet when I ride my moto even just a short trip around town. I saw a sign in a motorcycle shop some time ago that said, "If you have a $10 head, then buy a $10 helmet". Doesn't take much of a head hit to scramble your brain.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.