Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Punta Chivato & Odile
Robertofox
Junior Nomad

Mood: One more for the ditch !

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 02:38 PM

Hey Russ. You can borrow my surfboard at my house. Looks like you have a good break in front of yours!! Get your seat belt on.....

Happy Trails....
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 03:45 PM

Surf has doubled in size now and the wind too. almost 1.25 in the rain-o gage and the shell berm is mostly gone. Don't want to go see how far the water is but my bed room is starting to get real wet from the blow in under the door and down the wall from the AC. Gonna be a long night. I'm saying my best prayers for those that are really getting hit.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 03:51 PM

Hey Russ

que la fuerza esté con usted
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 04:39 PM

Really into it now. Generator rope broke and it doesn't turn over. I don't like this one bit. Wind has to be over 50 rain between 2 & 4" per hour.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 04:41 PM

Stay low and maybe under the bed Russ!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 05:28 PM

Come to San Bruno Russ, we have electricity, TV and internet.

Clouseaus

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 07:19 PM

Hi Russ:
Thanks for the pictures and the updates. Hang in there.
richfulf

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 09:33 PM

Russ,
Thank you for the weather update and pictures, sounds like you're having a great time down there! Seriously, good luck and we're wishing you well. Rich & Kelly
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by richfulf
Rich & Kelly

Rich ,

Did Orlando ever get ahold of you ?

Check u2
baja-spirit
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 08:02 AM

I am so worried about you Russ.
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baja-spirit
I am so worried about you Russ.

Me too.

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
Robertofox
Junior Nomad

Mood: One more for the ditch !

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 08:20 AM

Come on Russ. Let us know your alright! Hopefully, it's just your internet down. Plus, I'm sure you had a sleepless night.......tic, toc...

Happy Trails....
chivatojoe
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 01:34 PM

Well I just want to be the first to welcome you back. Hopefully sooner than later. You have made such a big impact with all your reporting and I can only hope you made it thru the storm without injury.
If there are any immediate needs that I can fly in I 'd be more than happy to accommodate any wishes. All I need is about 1800 feet at either end of the runway. Take care buddy.
mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 02:30 PM

My Parents just facebook messengered with our care taker who lives in Palo Verde and he said the road out to Punta Chivato, as we all expected, is impassable and that the arroyo is huge and completey full and running fast, I think he said to her "Muy Fuerte Arroyo"

He also said they can't get to Mulege because of the Arroyo at Santa Ines that runs accross the road is running, didnt give any info about Santa Rosallia

He and his family are safe! He said he will try and get out to Punta Chivato tomorrow if he can to give us an update. I will post more if/when I get any other info. We are planning a trip down once we get a handle on everything in the next 5-10 days.

Russ we are all thinking of you down there hope you are safe!!
chivatojoe
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 03:27 PM

Thanks for the Chivato road update Moose. Any info is much appreciated so if you should you get anything please post.
ranchopartera

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 03:37 PM

I have heard from our caretaker in Palo Verde that the road to Punta Chivato is impassable. The Arroyo Santa Ines is a huge river. In Palo Verde they are cut off from Mulege and Santa Rosalia because bridges are out. He is going to hike over there tomorrow and check things out. Wish I had more to report. I have one small photo but don't know how to download it to this site. Help appreciated.
ranchopartera

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mooose29
My Parents just facebook messengered with our care taker who lives in Palo Verde and he said the road out to Punta Chivato, as we all expected, is impassable and that the arroyo is huge and completey full and running fast, I think he said to her "Muy Fuerte Arroyo"

He also said they can't get to Mulege because of the Arroyo at Santa Ines that runs accross the road is running, didnt give any info about Santa Rosallia

He and his family are safe! He said he will try and get out to Punta Chivato tomorrow if he can to give us an update. I will post more if/when I get any other info. We are planning a trip down once we get a handle on everything in the next 5-10 days.

Russ we are all thinking of you down there hope you are safe!!
Arturo1

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 11:32 AM

Any updates to the Punta Chivato Area? Hope Russ is Ok
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 08:50 AM

Russ, Stevie is unable to get to Chivato. He and Shannon are on the way home. He said he will try in a week to get there. He's really disappointed. I'll also try your email.
Mike

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 09:38 AM

I talked to Russ on the radio. The road is pretty bad, Orlando made it in on the old road which was pretty wet just north of the intersection by the community center. Russ is doing fine. This storm was not as strong as Jimena and we got a lot of rain and wind, but again not quite up to par with Jimena. The road to Santa Rosalia is a mess, every little arroyo that could carry water did and there are power poles toppled over and lots of rocks and mud on the highway. Guerro's son Memo has had the backhoe and has the road from Palo Verde to Santa Rosalia in pretty good shape.

There were two deaths in Santa Rosalia when a truck from the mine got washed into the arroyo by the train. One was the the head honcho at the mine and his sidekick. One body was recovered and they are still looking for the other. There was serious damage in the marina and the old pier was knocked out. Several boats were grounded and a couple are complete losses.
The runway at Palo Verde is covered with rocks and gravel and is unusable.

[Edited on 9-18-2014 by Pescador]

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.