BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: I GOT IT!!!........I FINALLY GOT IT!!!
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 03:18 PM

Yes, Dennis, I take showers also.

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Udo

What I did, Dennis,

Thanks, Udo. I was only mildly curious. I'm clean.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 03:31 PM

My husband was disqualified because he did not reveal a disorderly charge when he was 18 (45 years ago) which he did not even know he had. He could have appealed but said screw it. I hate data mining!
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 04:10 PM

As I previously stated...it all depends on the agent doing the interviewing.

Udo

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 05:55 PM

Now that I know that I got approved, I started the application process for my wife Jana.
I would have done both at the same time, but I was fearful that my wife would get approved and I would be left holding the bag.
Withe her application, we are have applied for registering the FJ Cruiser.
My car is the Prius. Which will be my traveling car (can't beat 50 MPG). The FJ Cruiser costs me about $400 US in gas for the round trip from Tecate to Bahia Asunción. The Prius, I can make the round trip on less than 10 gallons. I use about 13 gallons for the round trip from the middle of Orange County to BA and back!

Quote:
Originally posted by Maron
Way to go Udo. We are waiting for our car to get "approved". I screwed up when applying for our passes and failed to sign the car up.

Udo

bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 06:26 PM

Congratz. I wouldn't want to be in a club that would have me as a member! Sentri is a good thing.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 06:29 PM

Congrats. Sentri has allowed me to drop the kids off at school and head to Baja for lunch and shopping while getting me back home in time to pick up the kids.

skipowell
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 06:57 PM
things are going faster at Sentri

Congratulations Udo!

I just got an email from Sentri today to let me know that my car is conditionally approved. When I called last month they said the wait was 3- 6 months. It ended up taking 2 1/2 months. Got an appointment for next week. Whew! I was ready for a really long wait. I was a bit nervous as my Sentri is up for renewal in March and I was not able to renew it while the car was pending. Can live with out the new car going down but would have been bummed if I couldn't travel in the line.
baconjr
Nomad

Mood: Es la vida de perro!

[*] posted on 9-25-2014 at 11:52 AM

If you want to see what they know about any past indiscretions get a livescan http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/publications/contact.php#sandi... and request the FBI check criminal check.. That is what they are looking at. It costs $60+ dollars and I had an email from the FBI about my past in my inbox before I got home. Here is more information http://www.fieldprintfbi.com/FBISubPage_FullWidth.aspx?Chann... Good news is that the improvements at SY have dramatically shorten the wait. At noon today SY standard line wait is 20 min.
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2014 at 01:08 PM

That is good information for future SENTRI applicants, baconjr (BTW...great name for those of us who are involved with food).

Udo

tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2014 at 07:58 PM

Congrats. I have a friend that lives in TJ that just applied. He got a part-time job in Chula Vista, and says that it can take him up to three hours to cross on foot with his Ready card.

He's afraid that he won't get it because of past "issues," but I told him to try anyway, you never know. I also told him not to set up an interview at Otay for any reason, just wait for a SY opening.
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2014 at 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tjsue
and says that it can take him up to three hours to cross on foot with his Ready card.

I've crossed in the ped line a couple times, took approx. 2 1/4 hr
on the weekend, standard line with Passport , I BELIEVE one can bypass the entire line, all the
way to the metal gate/fencing, a short ways from entering the
CBP build, if one has Sentri. It seems by your friends wait, one
cannot go to the front of the line with just a Ready card?
There is virtually 10 people or so , in the Sentri line
Oddjob
Banned

[*] posted on 9-25-2014 at 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
Now that I know that I got approved, I started the application process for my wife Jana.
I would have done both at the same time, but I was fearful that my wife would get approved and I would be left holding the bag.
My car is the Prius. Which will be my traveling car (can't beat 50 MPG). The FJ Cruiser costs me about $400 US in gas for the round trip from Tecate to Bahia Asunción. The Prius, I can make the round trip on less than 10 gallons. I use about 13 gallons for the round trip from the middle of Orange County to BA and back!

Round trip from Tecate to BA is over 1,000 miles, so your Prius gets more than 100 miles per gallon?:?:
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2014 at 09:16 PM

There have never been more than two people in the SENTRI line when I cross at SY pedestrian (on weekends, generally). You can walk all the way to the metal gate. Show your card to the officer and walk into the building all the way along the right wall. Scan your card at the post and wait to be called (they will call you out of order before Ready Lane participants).

If you need to move past people (because the line past the shops is actually the Ready Lane), just be polite about it, but don't wait behind them.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 9-25-2014 at 10:13 PM

That you are up and moving this well .... Outstanding :):)

tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2014 at 09:04 AM

My friend says that the word at the pedestrian line is that there's a new CBP manager, who only lets people into the building in increments of 50 at a time, which holds up the line.

The longest that I ever waited on foot with my passport card was 45 minutes, when I got my Sentri, I think the total wait including walking up the kiosk, was about 10 minutes. I never had more than five people ahead of me in line at one time.
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2014 at 11:47 AM

I mis-spoke...
The trip from Tecate to BA, could have been done in 10 gallons, but I had a little less than ¼ tank and filled up in Vizcaino.
You are right on my miscalculation.

Quote:
Originally posted by Oddjob
Quote:
Originally posted by Udo

Round trip from Tecate to BA is over 1,000 miles, so your Prius gets more than 100 miles per gallon?:?:

Udo

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2014 at 11:49 AM

Mil gracias!

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
That you are up and moving this well .... Outstanding :):)

Udo

carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 9-26-2014 at 11:56 AM

Buenos dias amigos,

We just crossed the border in Tecate last night(09/25/14 about 7:00pm) trailering a 16' boat after a camping trip to San Luis Gonzaga, the truck cab and bed were loaded with us and our equipment as well as the boat: used the left lane after the military post, took about 30 minutes to cross (don't try this on weekends specially on Sundays or on US or Mexican holidays, best time is Mon-Fri from 3:00pm on after), line started about half way down the hill (where the vendors start), we have (all 4 for the past 12 years) SENTRI Cards, officer asked what we had to declare and I gave him a verbal list (be prepared to do so and be very specific and clear) of vegetables, beer cans (3), wine bottles (6 bought in the US) and cheese, he replied asking if any poultry or pork and I said NO, it seems beef may have some problem coming across; then he seemed to go ahead and start writing the red slip for secondary inspection when he asked me if the trailer had its own registration which I immediately displayed (so be prepared and hand over any trailer and/or boat registration with your passport(s)) he checked it and sent us on our way... this was a great surprise and a pleasant one: no secondary. REMEMBER: BE PREPARED with ALL your info BEFORE arriving to the check point and check and recheck your paper work!!!!

When in Tecate try out El Tucan Restaurant in El Dorado Hotel (nice, basic, clean rooms: $450.00 pesos for double, wifi and secured parking -if available you can use the private parking not the street while dining- ph:665-654-1333), on weekends try the authentic Mexican all you eat buffet or you can also order from the menu, good freshly ground coffee, very clean restaurant and clean restrooms. Its on the main street: Avenida Juarez, coming from Ensenada drive north past the railroad tracks into town, at the Plaza make a left onto Avenida Juarez, drive west for about 8 blocks to the west end of downtown and its on the corner of Calle Cantu and Avenida Juarez east of the Red Cross.

Try this links:

to find out crossing times at ANY of Baja's Border Crossing:

http://bwt.cbp.gov/?com=1&pas=1&ped=1&plist=2503...

to find out crossing times at the Tijuana Border Crossing:

http://garitacenter.com/

http://www.frontera.info/Garitas/

http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/traficoengaritas

to find out what fruits and vegetables you can bring across the border, refresh your browser because it changes from time to time:

https://epermits.aphis.usda.gov/manual/index.cfm?NEW=1&R...

[Edited on 9-26-2014 by carlosg]
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2014 at 02:24 PM

I just received my SENTRI card...in 12 days!

Udo

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-8-2014 at 03:00 PM
INM

Don't forget to change your residence location with INM on your RP cards from BA to Ensenada.....don't know the time limit, but I am sure there is one

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.