BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Thinking of becoming a PREPPER here in the Baja.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-18-2014 at 04:45 PM

This whole thread deals with the short term. Thinking in terms of days or weeks. Baja, in my opinion is one of the worst places in the world to sit out an event which might last months or years. There is a very limited amount of fresh potable water, and what there is is dependent on electric power to get it. A generator is of no value whatever beyond its available fuel storage. There is little (no) forage food available, deer etc. It is in a foreign country. The Govt is already corrupt. You may not own firearms for protection and forage...AND veryone else will have them. In the event you have to leave, where would you go...???? Bad choice....

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-18-2014 at 04:51 PM

Chuckie,
I agree....plus, Baja doesn't have a lot of pheasants....

But you might be in luck with females with overbites...:biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-18-2014 at 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
This whole thread deals with the short term. Thinking in terms of days or weeks. Baja, in my opinion is one of the worst places in the world to sit out an event which might last months or years. There is a very limited amount of fresh potable water, and what there is is dependent on electric power to get it. A generator is of no value whatever beyond its available fuel storage. There is little (no) forage food available, deer etc. It is in a foreign country. The Govt is already corrupt. You may not own firearms for protection and forage...AND veryone else will have them. In the event you have to leave, where would you go...???? Bad choice....

nothing like wasting time and money on worrying about and obsessing on prepping for improbable events,.... not!

p.s. when the rapture comes, only the sinners need to be preppers :lol::lol::lol:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-18-2014 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
..nothing like wasting time and money on worrying about and obsessing on prepping for improbable events,.... not!

p.s. when the rapture comes, only the sinners need to be preppers :lol::lol::lol:

so true...

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-18-2014 at 06:46 PM

Hey! I aint worrying about it....I introduced reality into a wannabe thread...But some folks cant handle reality, I guess....

805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2014 at 09:39 PM

It would be a good idea to be prepared no matter where you are, a couple of weeks supplies doesn't cost much and last a long time some 15 years. There are these things called water bobs, in the event of an emergency put them in your bathtub and fill them with water, about 100 gallons. Then have freeze dried food for enough time. Plus defensive protection. The supermarkets in the US have about a 4 day supply, how long will that last in and extreme earthquake where the roads are whipped out? You saw what happened in Cabo the markets were looted in no time, in a sustained event how would you survive? I'm good for 5 months, but don't come knocking
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 11-18-2014 at 11:02 PM

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :lol:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.