Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: AT&T ¢1 per minute to and from Mexico
unbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2014 at 09:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
I am missing something here...If its 55.00/ month how can it be .01/minute? Are you saying .01/minute on top of the 55 bucks? That doesn't seem like a very good deal....
My point exactly! No way is it .01/minute.

I've been on the Telcel Amigo Combinado 20 plan for 3 years and pay approx 5 cents per min to call US from my home Baja area code. No contract pre-paid. That cost applies only to my pre-selected 5 "frequently-called" numbers (which I can change at any time) - other called numbers cost more. Plus, incoming calls are free!

I have another phone and plan when in the US and use Telcel only while in Baja - even though I could use it in the US also on the AT&T network.

Simple and cheap works for me.

"I'm too young to be this old!"
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-21-2014 at 09:46 AM

Unbob, Sounds like a plan I could use, I'm not a cheerleader for ATT, it just seemed like my best option since it also works in Canada when I drive through.
What are the charges to US numbers that call you? Any problems with service or coverage in other parts of Mexico?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 12-21-2014 at 09:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by unbob  
Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  

I've been on the Telcel Amigo Combinado 20 plan for 3 years and pay approx 5 cents per min to call US from my home Baja area code. No contract pre-paid. That cost applies only to my pre-selected 5 "frequently-called" numbers (which I can change at any time) - other called numbers cost more. Plus, incoming calls are free!

Simple and cheap works for me.

Thanks for that info...
unbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2014 at 10:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
.What are the charges to US numbers that call you? Any problems with service or coverage in other parts of Mexico?
I have no clue what a caller from the US would pay to call me. Obviously, it would depend on their calling plan - not mine.

AFAIK, Telcel has the best coverage in Baja (and all of Mexico I burroume). I've never needed to place a call while out in the boonies while traveling but certainly towns of any size should have decent coverage.

I do know if I place a call while outside of my home area code (612) the cost per min is significantly higher than when calling from 612 area code. Only rarely have I needed to call while outside 612 - so not an issue for me.

Also, be advised that the 'Combinado 20' plan may no longer be offered by Telcel. For those already on that plan, yes, it continues but may not be available for new customers.

"I'm too young to be this old!"
mikeymarlin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2014 at 04:25 PM

well, to add to the confusion (spelled ATT ) , I signed up the first day the plan was available---they were clueless--- and was told could only
be used with a cell '# of San Diego areas--(760-619-858 ) as this was a test plan ( really ?? )--so they discounted a passport plan for me ,even though I live in S.D. county but have outside # I have kept
a long time--- and I have moved several times (in hiding )lol

so now we are in L.B. we will see when I get home and get billed---
That could be exciting to be continued--
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.