Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Rain Coming?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 01:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Expected to last all day.
Record rainfall amounts here in San Diego for the month of May!

forecasts and interpretation provided to your courtesy of a government agency and govt scientists!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 03:27 PM

Love the rain. Hate the wind.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 03:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

forecasts and interpretation provided to your courtesy of a government agency and govt scientists!

I got mine from KUSI TV, (NOT a PBS station). :lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 03:51 PM

I got mine from KUSI TV, (NOT a PBS station). :lol:

Their weatherman is not a meteorologist? :lol::lol:must be a fox network station.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 03:52 PM

KUSI TV... izzat a Fox station?

....beat me to it.....

[Edited on 5-15-2015 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 03:55 PM

Nope... you guys need to think for yourselves and not everything MSNBC or ??? feeds you!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 03:58 PM

Maybe the political commentary is only for my posts about rain... and FYI, I'm up on Palomar Mt. and it has rained pretty steadily since I arrived last night. Stay warm!

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Yes rain on the way here in San Diego. Looks like I'll be setting up my tent in the rain on Friday on Mt. Laguna.

Hopefully this does not go political....

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 04:01 PM

Ooops....just got to the last few posts. Sigh..I guess even a simple discussion about weather attracts comments on government...

Well, I'm enjoying my stay on the mountain- 67 acres of very wild, lovely land. Lots of clouds, birds, water...peaceful and calm.

I wish you all the same this weekend.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 04:08 PM

Have a good weekend Whaleista. hope you get a good steady rain. Its not the government this time its those darn criminal scientists and weathermen.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 04:31 PM

Nope... you guys need to think for yourselves and not everything MSNBC or ??? feeds you!

i only watch Fox for the local weather - Crissy Russo is HOT!

dk, she just repeats what the government scientists say on the NOAA NWS website, but it is much HOTTER when she says it :lol::lol::lol:

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 04:33 PM

Well my camping weekend was just canceled. Got a call saying Burnt Rancheria is closed due to e-coli in the water. I still plan on running up there anyways tomorrow but will sleep in my warm bed today.

David, thanks for helping me win the bet. I picked you to be the first but had to pay big odds to get any takers:P

bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 04:47 PM

Flooded areas in San Diego, cars floating away shown on the news this morning.
Nature bats last!

:lol::lol::lol: Senator Inhofe anyone !? :lol:
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 04:57 PM

OMG. I had forgotten the last weather post gone political Rant! Bajaboy knew it was coming. Comon DK, please don't play this Politico card. Just news! Whale-Ista--my family has an old cabin up on Palomar, since I was a kid. I'm sure there has been some good weather for Southbound travelers the last few days! Rained down south lightly from another Tropical system. Let it rain! Tomas
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 06:21 PM

Well my camping weekend was just canceled. Got a call saying Burnt Rancheria is closed due to e-coli in the water. I still plan on running up there anyways tomorrow but will sleep in my warm bed today.

David, thanks for helping me win the bet. I picked you to be the first but had to pay big odds to get any takers:P

You guys can read, right? Ralph, as usual made a slippery remark AFTER me.

Tell me how this was POLITICAL:

Friday morning Report, North County San Diego:
Constant Rain since sunrise.
Very heavy at times last night.
Nature bats last!

edit: It was Goat who first used the word "government". Again, the two super lefties who go out of their way to put a political spin on anything.

[Edited on 5-16-2015 by David K]

I would say the nature bats last quote 5 inches of snow up here at 9000 ft in the san juans

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 06:22 PM

You guys can read, right? Ralph, as usual made a slippery remark AFTER me.

Tell me how this was POLITICAL:

Friday morning Report, North County San Diego:
Constant Rain since sunrise.
Very heavy at times last night.
Nature bats last!

edit: It was Goat who first used the word "government". Again, the two super lefties who go out of their way to put a political spin on anything.

[Edited on 5-16-2015 by David K]

poor picked on DK and his over used "nature bats last".
bajacamper
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 07:21 PM

The loony left is so easy to get cranked up. A glance to the right will do it every time. Funny!!
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 5-15-2015 at 10:12 PM

What tickles me is the quote from the Shell Island thread that our illustrious wanna-be says.
"You are quick to believe a government employee (who has a motive to remain in his position), ....."

When that government employee (re: NOAA employee, probably Master's Degree if not more, or aspiring intelligent student striving to get a post-grad degree who is ENSLAVED by the Establishment)... er-hrrmmm...

This employee probably has more initials AFTER his name than DK has in his whole one. Tell me, Oh Wise One... did you get an Associate's Degree in Lawn Care for your pre-med courses? Show credentials instead of "Nature bats last !!!!" Or, "Think for yourself !!!" I believe to go into post-grad work, that's the whole discipline, but ......I don't think you have the faintest idea of what that is.

The people dissed by that sentence are the ones who mathematically steer man-made vehicles onto flying comets, for kryst's sake.... they have more technology at their fingertips than you can even dream imaginable, and give their lives to study of things that affect the globe. If you were given the Keys to that Kingdom, I doubt you could even lift 'em off the floor... and DARE to diss PBS for being 'brainwashing'?

Yup, political thread. When bajaboy said in post #4,

Yes rain on the way here in San Diego. Looks like I'll be setting up my tent in the rain on Friday on Mt. Laguna.

Now comes the defense of "I never start it..."

BS is BS.... and two pounds in a one-pound bag. Maps, GPS, Google Earth, Tacomas, you DA MAN. Nature ain't the only one that bats last. Musta been a lonely Little League.

[Edited on 5-16-2015 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2015 at 06:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajacamper  
The loony left is so easy to get cranked up. A glance to the right will do it every time. Funny!!

Good morning! I seriously must be effective with my suggestions (that people trust their own brains and eyes and not what is spoon fed them)?

If what I say is so far from fact, and you are so sure I am wrong, ignore me, please!

Now, for a on topic wrap-up:

The rain has ended for now, blue sky this Saturday morning. We got about an inch of rain from this last storm. It was a big deal because we rarely get rain in May, here. More rain may come next week, too.

Weather patterns indicate we could have a seriously extra-wet Fall and Winter (as in El Niño style). However, like all predictions, it isn't a fact until it happens. It was only 5 years ago when there was so much rain, it washed out many bridges on Hwy. 1 in Baja... in case you forgot. We built dams to store water because it is normal to have a few years of little rain between the very wet months.

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-16-2015 at 08:23 AM

i only watch Fox for the local weather - Crissy Russo is HOT!

dk, she just repeats what the government scientists say on the NOAA NWS website, but it is much HOTTER when she says it :lol::lol::lol:

Chrissy Russo is an American born journalist, meteorologist, show host, producer for Fox 5 San Diego. She practices the Israeli form of self-defense called Krav Maga and publically advocates it. Chrissy is well-known for being a natural on air with an energetic and dynamic delivery style. She is a hard working team player in the newsroom and in the field. She has a long history of credibility and integrity with her sources.

From being a beat reporter, news anchor, Padres pregame show reporter, FOX national correspondent for New Year’s Eve show to a meteorologist and traffic anchor, Chrissy has worked in the business since 1996.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KIo9bXXldVlgcA4aL7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTByN2RnbHFoBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMw--?p=Chrissy+Russo+ San+Diego+Weather&vid=e022755ece544ace76e49ee4840577a8&l=4%3A51&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DWN.vbTy7Tu02FDKQwxsW%252bNa9 g%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5IIhMwiWqcE&tit=San+Diego+Fox5+weather+girl+Chrissy+Russo+doing+the+weather%21 &c=2&sigr=11b10jt2b&sigt=11sf84shu&sigi=121edoqoc&age=1287768319&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av&fr=dss_yset_chr&tt=b

However, I think Mexican weather reporters are hotter:

Bob Durrell
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2015 at 09:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
What tickles me is the quote from the Shell Island thread that our illustrious wanna-be says.
"You are quick to believe a government employee (who has a motive to remain in his position), ....."

When that government employee (re: NOAA employee, probably Master's Degree if not more, or aspiring intelligent student striving to get a post-grad degree who is ENSLAVED by the Establishment)... er-hrrmmm...

This employee probably has more initials AFTER his name than DK has in his whole one. Tell me, Oh Wise One... did you get an Associate's Degree in Lawn Care for your pre-med courses? Show credentials instead of "Nature bats last !!!!" Or, "Think for yourself !!!" I believe to go into post-grad work, that's the whole discipline, but ......I don't think you have the faintest idea of what that is.

The people dissed by that sentence are the ones who mathematically steer man-made vehicles onto flying comets, for kryst's sake.... they have more technology at their fingertips than you can even dream imaginable, and give their lives to study of things that affect the globe. If you were given the Keys to that Kingdom, I doubt you could even lift 'em off the floor... and DARE to diss PBS for being 'brainwashing'?

Yup, political thread. When bajaboy said in post #4,

Now comes the defense of "I never start it..."

BS is BS.... and two pounds in a one-pound bag. Maps, GPS, Google Earth, Tacomas, you DA MAN. Nature ain't the only one that bats last. Musta been a lonely Little League.

[Edited on 5-16-2015 by bajabuddha]

Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.