Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Tell me something about La Paz
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 11:23 AM
Driving in La Paz

Street signs in La Paz are often missing, or obscured! Counting blocks can be confusing (was that a street, or alley?).

A GPS will let you know which street or intersection you are approaching, but it doesn't care which way the traffic is supposed to flow!

I have been targeted twice at the western city limits by a cop looking for a payoff! (just west of Walmart)

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 12:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by honda tom  
55+or- miles south of Loreto.... Timbabichi. Anchor boat and walk up a couple hundred yards to casa grande. take a few bucks for the "tour guide" he'll give you the history of the home and the family that lived there. its a long way by car... boats the best way to see it.

south about 15 miles i walked up to a large building that was used as a fish camp. similar style of casa grande .... but larger. it was vacant in October, you could see it easily from a mile out or so. very cool. (on the map i would guess los Dolores or los burros)

I'm jealous! this is the best time and the best place to boat. I hydrolocked my motor on isla Coronado (loreto) last year and haven't gotten around to dropping in the new 1. NICE boat by the way.:cool:

I'll check it out. I've been looking at the charts and Google Earth a ton. Left my guide book on the boat in San Carlos, so will have to wait until I get down there to read it.

Should be fun. Going with my 12 and 14 yo boys, one of their friends, plus Mexican captain and first mate.

Wife is flying in with our daughter once we get down there. Gonna video the crap out of it. Have 3 different GoPros ready to go.

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 01:28 PM
honda tom

Yo, good advice on the camp.. BUT, what do you mean when you say Hydrolocked ?? like you didn't replace the riser's and water leaked back in through a exhaust valve...????
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 01:44 PM
Sad,SAd,SAD !!

I just reread this whole thread and saw the part about a mex capt and first mate (Term used loosely) and Lost all hopes,thoughts,good thoughts about what I had assumed was a fellow boaters journey on the sea of cortez.. What a total let down for me... next time take a cruise ship !!:no:
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 02:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by captkw  
I just reread this whole thread and saw the part about a mex capt and first mate (Term used loosely) and Lost all hopes,thoughts,good thoughts about what I had assumed was a fellow boaters journey on the sea of cortez.. What a total let down for me... next time take a cruise ship !!:no:

No, you were trying to make a buck off me with your PMs. Sorry you got so disappointed and pis-sey when you realized I already had help. No sale or money for you partner.

He's my friend btw, been hanging out for almost 15 years. He keeps my family safe. Mostly watches my oldest son drive the boat.

Maybe you can scam someone else on here for some $'s. Just don't turn on them if they turn you down. Not a good look for you.

[Edited on 6-3-2016 by JZ]
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 02:59 PM

geezz...jz is a "real boater" not a dreamer...his system works...his mex capt and first mate are "real" too and know what to do

some people know how to have fun on the water...jz is one

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 03:11 PM

Why do you need a crew for a small power boat boat like that?

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

No, you were trying to make a buck off me with your PMs. Sorry you got so disappointed and pis-sey when you realized I already had help. No sale or money for you partner.

He's my friend btw, been hanging out for almost 15 years. He keeps my family safe. Mostly watches my oldest son drive the boat.

Maybe you can scam someone else on here for some $'s. Just don't turn on them if they turn you down. Not a good look for you.

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 03:25 PM

jz...I don't remember if you have this...
you do have all the toys

your wife can track you and the boys on the internet...
in almost real time

you don't need a cell signal either...it uses SATs

it's 150usa for the part and $150usa a year for service

I got one for my boat and its great

spot.jpg - 122kB

our website is:
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 03:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Why do you need a crew for a small power boat boat like that?

I want to relax and have fun. Drink Pacificos, take pictures, and hang out with the kids. There are a million little things to do and worry about. I could write you a list 10 pages long. I'm the only adult going. It wouldn't be good for the dingy engine to go out when you are exploring an island miles away from your boat and 40 miles from any other human being.

Plus they are damn good chiefs.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 03:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
jz...I don't remember if you have this...
you do have all the toys

your wife can track you and the boys on the internet...
in almost real time

you don't need a cell signal either...it uses SATs

it's 150usa for the part and $150usa a year for service

I got one for my boat and its great

I've got an EPRIB, but the battery is dead. I was thinking about picking one of those up. You have convinced me. What's your model?

I was thinking about staying at Punta Chivato before heading down to Loreto, but there don't seem to be any options. So we might be hitting up your place.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 04:12 PM

spot gen3

they sell them online or at bass pro shops

all the same price...everywhere

got mine on ebay for the free shipping then picked it up on a "run for the border"

susan tracked me online all the way down and was waiting when I arrived...

its great!!! well worth the money

our website is:
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 10:33 PM
JZ

Yo, Have Great,Safe,Fun trip.........I don't understand you at Al !! I don't run other folks boats for them, and I just assumed you were a boater...Sorry for my mistake... your have a great time no matter what..Peace and good sunsets...
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2016 at 01:47 PM
LOL, BOB and suasn

Hey BOB, as always you don't have a Clue !! he is a boat buyer...NOTHING more .. Its SO simple if you read his posts ... you should see what he u2u'd me...stupided crap I have ever read in my life !!
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2016 at 03:19 PM

Hey BOB, as always you don't have a Clue !! he is a boat buyer...NOTHING more .. Its SO simple if you read his posts ... you should see what he u2u'd me...stupided crap I have ever read in my life !!

stupided is as stupided does! carry on capt. klowny:lol:
honda tom
Nomad

thumbdown.gif posted on 6-5-2016 at 06:33 PM

Yo, good advice on the camp.. BUT, what do you mean when you say Hydrolocked ?? like you didn't replace the riser's and water leaked back in through a exhaust valve...????

yes. 1 of the(water stop butterfly?) burned off, and over the exhaust hump the water came. motors on the stand... waiting to get the longblock. I also beach the boat a lot, was told that can cause it also (if stoppers aren't well maintained)
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2016 at 08:01 PM
Hola Tom

The "Shutter valve" is most likely failed due to a over heat condirtion in the exhaust.. when EGT get high, risers and the shutters go south,, as in no longing working..I would go thru complete cooling system before starting... " Tight Lines" and Safe journeys.....:cool: BTW ask your mech about "Cam" break in.. On a fresh start,, you will need to run it around 2K for 15/20 mins... very important...

[Edited on 6-6-2016 by captkw]
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2016 at 12:52 PM

wow, just read this thread.

RTS551, WTF! La Paz is extreemly safe. You need to read something other than tha US travel advisories. Been to Sacremento, LA , Portland, Seattle, St louis, DC....
You are an idiot on the couch! I walk the Malecon every night and there are happy families, dogs, kids on bikes, stores and bars full. Don't DIS a place because something you read while on the couch!

I need another diversion other than this angery place....Clueless gringos for the most part. Good info from a few and thanks you few.

Rts551, you need to ride your bike with your family down Mex 1!when it is truck hour!...Jeeesh and please don't come to La Paz. Maybe vacation in Modesto. You are an ignorant idiot.
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2016 at 01:27 PM

Charlie...you might look at RTS551 registration date. It is back in 2003. You can also look at his past postings. There are many, many experienced people posting on this board and their knowledge is valuable. As with anything else, you are free to follow their advice or not. What hampers this board is when someone demeans a fellow poster and that results in a reduction in information that helps us all. I suspect if you spent more time on this board you would welcome current information by those experienced travelers who contribute valued information. Then, also, you would know whose postings to ignore. It is of no benefit to anyone to belittle contributors.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-7-2016 at 03:43 PM
Lots of sand in La Paz

I am thankful for the great sandy beaches around La Paz, so that I can stick my head in them and not have to witness any of this;

http://www.la-paz-bcs.com/la-paz-news/gun-battle-and-handgre...

I have spent more time around La Paz than any other part of Baja. I like it and have no fear of enjoying the Malecon, or any of the restaurants or places of interest, but to deny that there is a criminal element, or that violence is possible....well, go visit the beach!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Sandlefoot
Nomad

Mood: Home

[*] posted on 6-7-2016 at 06:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Street signs in La Paz are often missing, or obscured! Counting blocks can be confusing (was that a street, or alley?).

A GPS will let you know which street or intersection you are approaching, but it doesn't care which way the traffic is supposed to flow!

I have been targeted twice at the western city limits by a cop looking for a payoff! (just west of Walmart)

They have new street signs on the main part of town. They are small, green and mounted on the corner buildings and can be hard to read if there is nothing growing in the way. They have arrows on them that show the direction of traffic flow. Once you get used to them they do help a lot!!

Happy Trails

" Don't find fault, find a remedy; anyone can complain." Henry Ford

If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up to much space!

Just because it may not be a good idea does not mean it will not be fun!!!

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.