Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Freedom - Not Free
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2020 at 06:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Don't forget the 1.7 trillion being spent building 400 new nuclear-tipped ICBMs, 12 new ballistic nuclear missile submarines, 1,000 nuclear-tipped air launched cruise missiles, and a new strategic nuclear bomber to replace the B-52 - B-2 bombers.

Additionally there's the cost of maintaining the approx 1,800 nuclear warheads.

Gotta have those nukes! Gotta have wars!

The military-industrial complex is perfectly happy with this century so far.

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/USNuclearModernizatio...

[Edited on 9-15-2020 by SFandH]

Good point. And with all that shiny new hardware coming up, we now have a new threat in the latest acknowledgement that the UFO’s are real and of course they are probably hostile, the proof being evident by UFO’s jamming our Navy F18’s radars, so our new US Space Force will need the toys to deal with that looming threat.It will be quite a tussle among the various military branches as usual to see who gets the biggest slice of the pie. Fighting relatively defenseless third world countries with grunts doesn’t require the really expensive hardware that pumps up the MOC.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2020 at 07:00 PM

I find it ironic that they keep trying to build a new super dooper bomber to replace the B-52 and yet it's still around plugging along for the last 60+ years.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2020 at 07:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I find it ironic that they keep trying to build a new super dooper bomber to replace the B-52 and yet it's still around plugging along for the last 60+ years.

Did you notice the engine nacelles on the US bomber that was recently intercepted by the Russian fighter? Clearly a B-52. Probably one of the most remarkable aircraft ever built. Still in service after all these years. Wish we could all say the same.

As they say, we always prepare for the last war, not the future war. It appears our reign as an empire is fading.

John

[Edited on 9-15-2020 by John Harper]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2020 at 07:13 PM

The huge contracts going to defense prime contractors and their sub-contractors form a big part of the "need" for new weapons. It's quite a racket, IMO.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2020 at 07:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

The huge contracts going to defense prime contractors and their sub-contractors form a big part of the "need" for new weapons. It's quite a racket, IMO.

Yes, not much profit in fatigues, boots, rifles, and ammunition. The shiny objects get all the attention.

John
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-14-2020 at 09:37 PM

Hmmmmm....am I seeing sprouts of Trumps's new anti military industrial complex rant surfacing here? It seems that the Hoorah for US military exploits is a favourite topic for self-proclaimed "patriots"...claiming the might of the USA (which John previously and accurately described as withering away) and its military.

Are these "patriots" now acknowledging the failure of their govt's ability to protect its citizenry ?

How will you remember the day you acknowledged that Covid 19 isn't a liberal hoax?

Oh....and good luck doing battle with the aliens....if they were hostile, we would all be dust.

Thinking you have a chance with that battle front is just more John Wayne crap.

Don't believe everything you think....
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2020 at 09:40 PM

I think some of the designs lack common sense. When I was discharged from the navy I work for Lockheed on the C5A. I was a flight line electrician. The main landing gear when in the air rotated inward then retracted upward. I always thought it would have been better to just to just retract it upward and forget the rotation. That way in an emergency it would be easier to extend the gear for landing. They would have to redesign the area for the wheel wells but that should have been in the original design.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2020 at 09:51 PM

It's part of the Military-Industrial Complex that Ike warned us about. Congressmen and women in areas of military bases and production plants are afraid to speak out against the contracts mainly because it means jobs and good paying jobs, thousand and thousand of jobs. Just closing a base takes years and makes good sense. Example: why do we need Naval Air Facility El Centro? Why do we need China Lake Naval Weapon Center? Can't they be at Edwards Air Force Base as a joint base like Andrews.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.