Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 05:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

When? First of what?

Gretchen saw Gary then saw the flyer/or this thread thinking it might be him.

Thanks, Ken, for clarifying that.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 08:00 PM

Sorry this is so late, it was a busy day:

Blanca,
I spoke to tallartist in Rosarito near Obrera who confirmed that she talked to Gary for 30-40 minutes at the beach, more than a week ago and described him very accurately by height, weight, mannerisms and fitness (she said good).

Cars were not nearby so that is not confirmed, nor a surfboard or camera. They discussed surfing because she surfs as well. She has received the flyer now and is helping to distribute that information in her circle of friends there. He did not indicate where he was headed, nor where he'd been, but memory of the conversation was very scarce.

This is the best news yet because it confirms Gary is okay as of a week or more ago. We're optimistic now that Gary should surface at some point soon, so thanks to everyone for keeping the word out in hopes this can be resolved soon.

Kimberly

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 08:01 PM

And another note:

Blanca,

People should be advised to contact their own banks to learn how little information will be shared with their family members if they were lost or just wanted their family to get money out for them. Gary's son is his beneficiary on his bank account, but unless you are co-owner of the account, nothing is shared. And even then, since individuals have their own ATM cards, banks will not share the activity w/ each other card's unless by court order.

Also, please clarify that there is no diagnosed "mental condition" -- it is Gary's behavior of not calling anyone, friends nor family at home for such an extended period of time when he promised to call by 9/9, that has all concerned and looking for him. And, we are not being "close-mouthed" we don't know anything more than those reading and writing the postings, and the negative speculations about us are truly unfounded.

We're encouraged by the woman Gretchen reporting she spoke to Gary for 30-40 minutes at the beach but more than a week ago. Eventually, we hope to hear something more real time, but he can last a long time without a lot of money because he camps and surfs. Still appreciate those with helpful words of encouragement. Rest assured, family will report one or the other back to this site once situation is felt to be resolved, in gratitude for all the helpful suggestions.

Thanks, Blanca,
Kim

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Justbozo
Nomad

Mood: Got my little stone hut on the bay

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 08:49 PM

I don't understand all the negative towards this Gretchen and her Facebook page. She has two pages, personal and professional. The interpretation of her personal page here is confusing.

She is from Kentucky...bible belt.

and Self employed...THE GOD WE FOLLOW IS A BARRIER BREAKER , A STRONGHOLD DESTROYER

Artist...pictures...lots of pictures
Works with animal rescue groups and others...more pictures

Taught in high schools...friends...lots of friends
Professional...friends
Self employed...friends

Doesn't appear to look to be a "hero"...Hey I met this guy!

and She's in Baja looking for a little latitude like the rest of us.
Justbozo
Nomad

Mood: Got my little stone hut on the bay

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 09:24 PM

Gretchen spoke to the family and owes this forum nothing.
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 10:24 PM

I don't know why some keep saying/thinking there is some big mystery, it all seems pretty clear to me.

Thanks for your help, Gretchen! And thanks to everyone else as well!

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 10-3-2013 at 10:27 PM

Let's not shoot the messenger!

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 07:35 AM

Great news this morning then....a confirmed Gary sighting!!! thanks Gretchen...by the way, I have had some conversations with her on another baja forum and love her art...she's different that's all! a free thinker....so sounds like a pretty happy ending here to me.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaDixon
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 08:50 AM

To the family of Gary Patton- At this point I'm not sure if this was actually Gary in Rosarito or not. In any event, this is what I can offer: I am a off road traveller who is arriving in the San Quintin area next Wed. I have a new off road machine and know the area between San Jacinto ( the shipwreck area) and Santa Maria bay( near Jardines) like the back of my hand. I will scour the entire area.
On the weekend on the 12th some friends of mine and I are traveling backroads between San Quintin and Catavina.
On the weekend of the 20th I've organized a backcountry trip that circles from San Quintin to San Felipe down to LA Bay, over to the Pacific and up through Catavina to San Quintin.

If you have not heard directly from Gary by these dates please respond to this post on the open forum and I will gladly take extra steps to search these areas.

My thoughts are with you and your family as you work through this difficult time.
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 09:26 AM

We spent the day quad riding out at La Gringa and behind the main road towards the dump. we travelled as far as our quads would take us up washes yesterday and we did not see the vehicle or Gary in the North Bahia de Los Angeles area. Will keep our eyes open tomorrow when we head out towards south bay Gecko area tomorrow. Best wishes for a happy and safe return!! Connie
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 10:34 AM

BajaDixon,
I imagine the entire forum will know if he has been found by the start dates of your two trips, but I have noted on our calendar to post to you by Oct. 10th. & Oct. 18th.
Thanks for your very kind offer, and once again to the entire, amazing Bajanomad forum. Thanks, too, 24Baja.
The Patton family
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 11:19 AM
Posters

If in fact that was a valid Gary sighting, someone should be putting up posters in stores, taco stands, surf spots and PEMEX stations from Playas to Ensenada along the coast and free roads and the police stations, Cruz Rojo and hospitals in Rosarito, LaMision and Ensenada. If he is in that area he will either see them or someone/surfers will see him.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
If in fact that was a valid Gary sighting, someone should be putting up posters in stores, taco stands, surf spots and PEMEX stations from Playas to Ensenada along the coast and free roads and the police stations, Cruz Rojo and hospitals in Rosarito, LaMision and Ensenada. If he is in that area he will either see them or someone/surfers will see him.

It was mentioned that there hasn't been any recent banking activity. What could he be living on?

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 01:36 PM

I just looked in the Baja Western Onion published today online.

I did not see anything re Gary. Wasn't an advertisement supposed to be placed?

Ken
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

It was mentioned that there hasn't been any recent banking activity. What could he be living on?

They've made it clear he'd be able to live on a beach for some time to come.

I don't think they need to outwardly (and specifically) state much else.

:biggrin:

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad

They've made it clear he'd be able to live on a beach for some time to come.

Knowing the cost of survival down here, I have no idea what that means. Nor do they. Nothing is for nothing down here anymore.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 06:28 PM

Still missing the psycho-makeup of this man. Is he one who isolates? Or, is he one who requires interaction.
That info would be requisite in an effective search plan.

[Edited on 10-5-2013 by DENNIS]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

money cant buy you love!

camping, rice, beans,... why would he have to go to an ATM often?

perhaps he has sugar momma.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
money cant buy you love!

camping, rice, beans,... why would he have to go to an ATM often?

perhaps he has sugar momma.

Stop it.

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2013 at 08:35 PM

Let's stay focused. =)

Numerous brains thinking about outcomes.

Let's keep those eyes peeled down there.

Pages:  1  ..  18    20    22  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.