Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  19    21    23  ..  25
Author: Subject: Megadrought Predictions
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 3-17-2015 at 12:35 PM

And it would appear ... there will be more water in the near future .. so don't worry ... Surf's Up

The melting of Antarctica was already really bad. It just got worse.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/201...

And what impact will the loss of these "reflective" surfaces have, along with the increased evapotranspiration .. should be fun

Evolution that is ... :biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 3-17-2015 by wessongroup]
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-17-2015 at 12:50 PM

Maybe things might get better....:

brief article....

"Some critics, especially those who have convinced themselves that climate change is a myth or overstated, have said the economic costs of fighting climate change would be worse than the costs of global warming itself.

A related argument says no action we can take will be effective.

The IEA study shows both those arguments are wrong. The new data shows that not only is the battle against climate change working, the result is not economic devastation. "

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/how-market-forces-are-winning-the-climate-change-battle-1.2996818

Don't believe everything you think....
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2015 at 04:01 PM

The IMF and World Bank are moving fast on this one (solar).... which can only help ... which is good :):)
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 3-17-2015 at 04:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  
The IMF and World Bank are moving fast on this one (solar).... which can only help ... which is good :):)

Just had a fascinating discussion with my neighbor who's a 45 year old living in his mom's house....she retired to Kali.....anyway......

He's installing a full solar system this coming month. There's a 30% rebate from our local power company and anything he doesn't use gets sold back into the grid. The system is financed over 5 years at basically the same payment as his current power bill so after it's payed for, it's basically a freebie to keep running.....well.....when they show up to start on his place, I'm getting an evaluation to find out how my house placement compares and what kind of deal I can get......seems to be at a pretty good break even point.....the more people who do that, the less coal will be burned and that's the main source of our local air quality issues as well as our local electrical generation....

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2015 at 04:39 PM

My sister has a system like that. She says it's great, significantly lowers her monthly e-bill. 100 year old house outside of NYC.
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 3-18-2015 at 07:14 AM

I had solar panels installed on my NOB house in January. I used Solar City (the Tesla car people). They have several different payment plans. I elected to take a 20 year equipment lease with payment up-front (you can also pay monthly if you like). The plan includes free maintenance for life.

The system works great! I now pay nothing for electricity (other than the amortized cost of my lease). In fact most days, my electric meter runs backwards so the local power company is paying me for the extra power my system generates. I figure it will take about 5 to 10 years (depending on what happens to electrical rates which will be going up) to pay for the amortized cost of my system.

This system will reduce my "carbon footprint" significantly and thereby I will be doing some small part in lessening my impact on climate change and drought. Although this does not do anything significant to reduce the immediate impact of our drought, if enough people go solar (and Solar City is swamped with work right now) we can all reduce our carbon footprint and this will impact the long term effects of the drought and climate change.

Give solar some serious consideration. If you would like some specific information about my personal system, send me a PM.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2015 at 07:22 AM

Good news oxxo! Good for you.
soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2015 at 07:46 AM

Where do you live Oxxo? Most places still only have net metering where any excess you produce is a credit that is reset annually.
I believe New Mexico is an exception... good for you!

As an aside, the Solar City folks are down here consulting out of Queretero and trying to get into the financing game in Mexico... big changes coming down the pike with RE, Mexico, America Latina.....

CFE is going to look much different in the next few years. It looks as if the plan is to shift them from being a producer to a vendor of electricity. That way they don't have to worry about grid improvements that are so far behind.

It appears that 3rd party vendors will be able to install 500MW's or less without an environmental review which will open up the market significantly.

Say what you want about weather changes..... the Ameca at the border of Jalisco and Nayarit is flooding right now and it is very unusual this time of year.

To me it appears like an incremental speeding up of changes each and every year.

However, that is just my opinion.

bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2015 at 02:54 PM

Liberal nonsense !! http://www.vox.com/2015/3/19/8258799/arctic-sea-ice-record

(and re OP, don't be suprised if BCS actually starts recving extra yearly rainfall. Maybe not distributed ideally, but extra nonetheless)

bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2015 at 03:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Not a mystery at all... it is called Nature's balance.

:light:

nnnhhhh, wrong. It's called migrating winds.
I'd elaborate but, with you, ni modo.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2015 at 03:47 PM

That's a good video at the end of the article. Thanks for the link.

[Edited on 3-20-2015 by SFandH]
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2015 at 09:34 PM

Humor :lol: http://www.skepticalscience.com/graphics/ArcticEscalator500....
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2015 at 10:10 PM

And Action ....

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-announces-order...

Good idea, as the private sector (the "majors") aren't going that direction ... nor is the stock market

This might be a excellent "test" to see in real time, if something like this is possible by humans .. :biggrin::biggrin:

Perhaps demonstration where fire is used might be looked into too ... as it relates to Green House Gas Emissions ... :biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 3-20-2015 by wessongroup]
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-10-2015 at 12:48 PM

Hopefully this post won't resurrect the "left-right" BS and " does climate change exist" rants....but will encourage folks to think about how water restrictions could be best managed....especially if and how it affects folks in Baja....NOT just California....as it affects folks and industry on SO many levels....

Just some thoughts:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/World/ID/2663355870/

[Edited on 4-10-2015 by motoged]

[Edited on 4-10-2015 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-10-2015 at 05:43 PM

Climate does change, nobody disputes that... and it always has and always will... but man wasn't around when it changed before, and no amount of taxing Americans will make a difference. It is just a scam that modern man changes climates, or that sea levels are rising dangerously because of man... scam, scam, scam. Why give away your freedom to any government who scares us with lies or 'projections'?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2015 at 06:38 PM
Big difference .. internal combustion engine

Which first became commercially produced in 1864 ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_combustion_engine

The Great Game was about the oil fields ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game

As were WWI and WWII ... along with the rest of the meat grinders which still continue today ... for OIL and/or Natural Gas (check the EU and China) and Russia

Not to mention the very large oil field which has been discovered right off the coast of Vietnam ... China will have their hands full with these folks ... if the French, American's ... et al are any indication ... on changing the people in that country, to a form of government which they do not like :biggrin::biggrin:

Oil consumption vs Green House Effect … respectively

As to a consensus on human impact on the environment … think the scientific community is around 90% in support of this fact, at this time and Nations too

And 650,000 years ago humans were on the planet ... It's just that they didn't have cars, boats, planes and trains .. et al ... until around the turn of the Century ... 1900 or a little bit after, when mass production was perfected and took on a new life changing everything in America, and the world ... Transportation was a big deal for most and it still is :biggrin::biggrin:

Hey DK ... imagine doing the Pole Line Road ... on a horse :):)

[Edited on 4-11-2015 by wessongroup]
bajacamper
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2015 at 08:32 PM

Science is not projections, consensus or computer models 100 years out that will of course be wrong. I do believe in climate change though, it's called weather. Will I have any effect on some of your opinions? Hell no. DK is correct however but you can flame away at me for a while and give him a break.
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2015 at 10:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Climate does change, nobody disputes that... and it always has and always will... but man wasn't around when it changed before, and no amount of taxing Americans will make a difference. It is just a scam that modern man changes climates, or that sea levels are rising dangerously because of man... scam, scam, scam. Why give away your freedom to any government who scares us with lies or 'projections'?

David,
Have you ever changed your mind about anything?
redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2015 at 12:22 AM

Let's face it. When DK and others complain about science and scientists they are railing against government workers. Unions. People sucking on the government teat to get all they can for their greedy families. And I guarantee you every single one of these complaining folks has family members somewhere doing it...or they themselves are on the teat and fighting against it with their head held high and their hands out... These so called "scientists" just see a big nest egg...a golden ring to latch onto to stay employed. Since they have no Christian morals, they simply spread fear and false information to keep their jobs.

Weather has always been weather. Gosh, what a brilliant concept.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2015 at 07:49 AM

NO doubt in my mind there will be "change" in 100 years ... its called evolution and happens all the time ... as do the levels of CO2 which can be seen in the graph which covers 650,000 years, based on ice core sampling :):)

think not ... take a look at 1915, which happen's to be the year my father was born ..RIP

[Edited on 4-11-2015 by wessongroup]
 Pages:  1  ..  19    21    23  ..  25

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.