BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  20    22    24  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 08:19 AM

good points DK but you're wasting time with these quislings for which the [our] arguments ought to be pellucid but are not due to their inability to see beyond their myopic ojos.

they are usually impecunious so they always take that side - and hope to extract their own social handouts cause they have no gumption to work for themselves.
i liken them to classic tarradiddlers which pop up on every controversy for which they have few valid points based in fact or documentable evidence .

Joe Arpaio summed it up best on Bret Baier's show this week - when qusetioned about the need to "profile" he quipped - we don't need to go that far. If asked for an ID and someone doesn't have one - that's a clue. And if they can't speak English.....another clue - usually with those 2 events in play...the object is usually here illegally.... ROTFLMFAO!!:lol::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bonanza bucko
I don't understand the concern with officers asking for "papers" which a loaded word that attempts to spin the procedure negatively. You get asked for your "papers" about twenty times a day when you have to show a picture ID....ie Driver's License...to use a credit card, to get admission to a gummint office and about fifty other reasons. If you get stopped for an infraction you have to show it as the first part of the cops' procedures. That is EXACTLY what will happen as this law is enforced.....NOBODY is gonna be "racially profiled" by the cops. The law requires that a probable cause for asking for the ID must be present.

BB :-)

Wait until all citizens have to start carrying a National ID card, as Obama would like to have happen:fire::fire:

Bob Durrell
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
good points DK but you're wasting time with these quislings for which the [our] arguments ought to be pellucid but are not due to their inability to see beyond their myopic ojos.

they are usually impecunious so they always take that side - and hope to extract their own social handouts cause they have no gumption to work for themselves.
i liken them to classic tarradiddlers which pop up on every controversy for which they have few valid points based in fact or documentable evidence .

Joe Arpaio summed it up best on Bret Baier's show this week - when qusetioned about the need to "profile" he quipped - we don't need to go that far. If asked for an ID and someone doesn't have one - that's a clue. And if they can't speak English.....another clue - usually with those 2 events in play...the object is usually here illegally.... ROTFLMFAO!!:lol::lol:

If they do speak English, but say "eh?" after each sentence, they could be one of those illegal Canadians! A Moose Head beer in their hand is another sign!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 08:30 AM

Funny coming from a couple guys who aren't working.

Me, I am comfortably retired and don't need a handout

Quote:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 08:32 AM

Oh, I do work (and pay taxes)... just a whole lot less since the Democrats took control of congress!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Oh, I do work (and pay taxes)... just a whole lot less since the Democrats took control of congress!

David, if you'll edit this statement, I'll delete the quote. Otherwise it will haunt you forever. :lol:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 08:38 AM

Hey com on....It's classic

Quote:

[Edited on 5-2-2010 by rts551]
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
What does an Arizona gringo look like?

Oh...I know. They're white.

According to the 2008 US Census only 58.4% are white and the other 41.6% are either Hispanic, Native Indians, Black, Asian, or Pacific Islanders. If you add in estimated illegals it's more like 50-50:P:P

Bob Durrell
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 08:42 AM

"Funny coming from a couple guys who aren't working."

who are those?
not me - i am working - just not at the volume i'd like. I wouldn't trade self employment for anything, and i stay pretty busy with new bids weekly and consulting - which has gained velocity recently thanks to renewable energy opportunites..

the option of retirement is a good one when one is ready. i could move to baja now if i wanted and get by comfortably but i'd rather put it off until i can find a place with shuffle board and dinner at 4:30....:spingrin:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Quote:
estimated 6.5 million Mexicans

i think it is more like 10-12 MM.

I think it's racial profiling to count them. No No No...we don't want any of that now, do we. :lol:

The US Census Bureau includes Hispanics as part of the white population:?:

Bob Durrell
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 08:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:

David, if you'll edit this statement, I'll delete the quote. Otherwise it will haunt you forever. :lol:

Ummm, why do I need to edit? My (and all other home improvement businesses) business dropped a lot two years ago and a lot more last year... this year, the rain has a lot to do with a slow start, but until November people are being very cautious with their money. Things were doing well until banks were forced to loan money to people who didn't normally qualify for home loans. Owning a home is not a 'right'... But, because of what they did, those and others no longer have a home! Thanks Harry Reed and Nancy Palosi... a couple of #@!%*

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Donjulio
Why should we be able to enter and leave Mexico anytime we want, be able to pay a small amount of money and legally work here and pretty much do whatever we would like to do and Mexicans don't have that same opportunity with the US? Why do we feel that we are special and entitled?

Because (most of us) are here legally:?:

Bob Durrell
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 09:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ummm, why do I need to edit?

Well, you don't have to, but your statement clearly says you pay a whole lot less taxes since the Democrats took control of congress.

Never mind. We'll just let Goat take it from here.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 09:06 AM

Mexico keeps the border crossing almost pain free for the U.S. BECAUSE we are a BIG source of income to Mexico... or used to be, anyway.

While there are many good, legal Mexicans that benefit the United States businesses... there are maybe 20 million illegals that are a drain on our society, medical services, etc. and take jobs from Americans.

Mexico doesn't allow Americans to work in Mexico, unless you have a sponsor and can prove that you have skills not available at that location. Mexico puts Mexicans first (good for them)! The counrty has an obligation to its citizens... too bad America doesn't do what Mexico does in that respect!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ummm, why do I need to edit?

Well, you don't have to, but your statement clearly says you pay a whole lot less taxes since the Democrats took control of congress.

Never mind. We'll just let Goat take it from here.

I pay less taxes BECAUSE I make less money... Tax rate reductions come from Republicans who empower the people... Tax hikes come friom Democrats who empower the government.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 09:11 AM

This one ranks about the highest I have seen in pure ignorance. I think people on both sides of the isle realize what happened to the housng market and banks.

Quote:

Ummm, why do I need to edit? My (and all other home improvement businesses) business dropped a lot two years ago and a lot more last year... this year, the rain has a lot to do with a slow start, but until November people are being very cautious with their money. Things were doing well until banks were forced to loan money to people who didn't normally qualify for home loans. Owning a home is not a 'right'... But, because of what they did, those and others no longer have a home! Thanks Harry Reed and Nancy Palosi... a couple of #@!%*
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
The Urban Institute, a DC based think tank estimates that there are currently 75,000 Canadian illegals in the US.

and just how many US citizens are living illegally in Canada including all of the off-spring of the Vietnam war draft dodgers?:lol::lol:

Bob Durrell
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
This one ranks about the highest I have seen in pure ignorance. I think people on both sides of the isle realize what happened to the housng market and banks.

Quote:

Oh really, rts??? I did not know that. Fannie and Freddie are probably the two biggest culprits in the mortgage business failure, and the main cause of the failure of the financial system indirectly, tho there are many causes, I will grant you. So, David has it essentially right from what I understand, and as far as he took it.

Isn't it interesting that the Dems suggested "cure" within the Financial Reform Bill ignores Fannie and Freddie? Wow, how strange!! :rolleyes:

(we have now entered the OFF TOPIC forum, FOR SURE!!!)

Barry
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551

Quote:

yes, dk is an idiot (and he makes excuses for the racist practices of his party). nobody forced the banks to make bad loans.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 10:16 AM
Wrong

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
nobody forced the banks to make bad loans.

Beginning with the Clinton administration lenders were forced to relax credit restrictions.

Pages:  1  ..  20    22    24  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.