BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  20    22    24  ..  27
Author: Subject: DENNIS is in the hospital.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 6-27-2012 at 04:49 PM
dagmar is tied up at my place !!

KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 6-27-2012 at 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw

dagmar is tied up at my place !!

It's a long story , captkw......:yes:

I won't bore you with the details here. We'll have a cold Pacifico sometime together OK...;)

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-27-2012 at 05:34 PM

I want anyone to know that I (and I bet most Nomads) appreciate assistance when in need, and I don't mind if it comes from a known friend, a known foe, or an unknown!

It doesn't matter what was said on an Internet forum a month ago if the good doctor is seeing to his needs now, does it?

In fact, other than well wishes for Dennis, there shouldn't be anything personal exposed here (online) beyond his basic condition, should there?

Just how motivated is someone in the future going to be to assist a Nomad if they know their help is going to be questioned for its motives, and other kinds of harassment? I mean, like why bother... who needs it?

Dennis, get well ... and tell us what you want to, if anything!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2012 at 07:41 PM

I agree 100%. Now David about that Power of Attorney that I need.

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I want anyone to know that I (and I bet most Nomads) appreciate assistance when in need, and I don't mind if it comes from a known friend, a known foe, or an unknown!

It doesn't matter what was said on an Internet forum a month ago if the good doctor is seeing to his needs now, does it?

In fact, other than well wishes for Dennis, there shouldn't be anything personal exposed here (online) beyond his basic condition, should there?

Just how motivated is someone in the future going to be to assist a Nomad if they know their help is going to be questioned for its motives, and other kinds of harassment? I mean, like why bother... who needs it?

Dennis, get well ... and tell us what you want to, if anything!
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 07:30 AM

Dennis, I'm trying to follow your recovery but there are Always a few Nomads that just have to air there dirty laundry anywhere there is an audience. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 08:37 AM

Guidebook on Stroke Rehabilitation

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 08:40 AM

Go Dennis! A lot of friends here who truly care about you are pulling for your recovery. We know you have the spirit and will to pull yourself through this...

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 08:47 AM

DENNIS got his new computer with big keyboard 17 inch, and speech recognition program Dragon that David suggested loaded into his computer. He was signed into Nomad last night when I left San Diego. I know he has physical therapy this morning, so maybe he will not do anything until later. Let's all wait with baited breath for his first post!!
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 09:02 AM
baited breath

HOLA,LOL as a fisherman, I love that "baited breath" thats funny !! hope to hear from you dennis !!

[Edited on 6-28-2012 by captkw]
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
DENNIS got his new computer with big keyboard 17 inch, and speech recognition program Dragon that David suggested loaded into his computer. He was signed into Nomad last night when I left San Diego. I know he has physical therapy this morning, so maybe he will not do anything until later. Let's all wait with baited breath for his first post!!

I'm hoping his breath doesn't smell like bait. That simply won't do if Dagmar is coming over.

Spellchecker DavidK, you're sleeping on the job.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:

I'm hoping his breath doesn't smell like bait. That simply won't do if Dagmar is coming over.

I don't spell check English (or Spanish) 'words'... ONLY BAJA PLACE NAMES... :light: (I am a terrible speller and a poor typer too, lol)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 10:00 AM

Pole Dancing

Dennis has a pole that goes from the ceiling to the floor next to his bed evidently they use that now for a person to pull himself out of bed with his strong arm, I thought it was really funny, I told Dennis wait till the Nomads know you are pole dancing in your room.
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 10:35 AM

Sure Dennis sure - " evidently they use that now for a person to pull himself out of bed with his strong arm" good excuse, but we know Dennis had it installed for the weather girl and other entertainment. This has been confirmed by 3 authorized visitors, and the patrons of Sharkys.
Stay strong Dennis!

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 11:03 AM
For Future Reference

A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.

RECOGNIZING A STROKE

Thank God for the sense to remember the '3' steps, STR. Read and Learn!

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

S *Ask the individual to SMILE.

T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A
SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)
(i.e. Chicken Soup)

R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out Your Tongue

NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is
'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.

Bob Durrell
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 11:08 AM

Trouble was Bob, no one was there with DENNIS for over 24 horas. NOTE do NOT attempt any of these questions after the person has been at Sharkey's.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 12:01 PM

He had an ischemic stroke...so it would have helped.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:

Ah, but this misspelling may become an accepted usage as it is so common. From the World Wide Words

Q From Steve Gearhart: Where does the term baited breath come from, as in: ‘I am waiting with baited breath for your answer’?
A The correct spelling is actually bated breath but it’s so common these days to see it written as baited breath that there’s every chance that it will soon become the usual form, to the disgust of conservative speakers and the confusion of dictionary writers. Examples in newspapers and magazines are legion; this one appeared in the Daily Mirror on 12 April 2003: “She hasn’t responded yet but Michael is waiting with baited breath”.
It’s easy to mock, but there’s a real problem here. Bated and baited sound the same and we no longer use bated (let alone the verb to bate), outside this one set phrase, which has become an idiom. Confusion is almost inevitable. Bated here is a contraction of abated through loss of the unstressed first vowel (a process called aphesis); it means “reduced, lessened, lowered in force”. So bated breath refers to a state in which you almost stop breathing as a result of some strong emotion, such as terror or awe.
Shakespeare is the first writer known to use it, in The Merchant of Venice, in which Shylock says to Antonio: “Shall I bend low and, in a bondman’s key, / With bated breath and whisp’ring humbleness, / Say this ...”. Nearly three centuries later, Mark Twain employed it in Tom Sawyer: “Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale”.
For those who know the older spelling or who stop to consider the matter, baited breath evokes an incongruous image; Geoffrey Taylor humorously (and consciously) captured it in verse in his poem Cruel Clever Cat:
Sally, having swallowed cheese,
Directs down holes the scented breeze,
Enticing thus with baited breath
Nice mice to an untimely death.
[I’m indebted to Rainer Thonnes for telling me about this little ditty, which appears in an anthology called Catscript, edited by Marie Angel. However, it was first published in 1933 in a limited edition of Geoffrey Taylor’s poems entitled A Dash of Garlic.]

Common usage changes the language. For example, healthy is now accepted in place of healthful, and the Scrabble Dictionary even includes et for ate.

OK, now it is REALLY time for Dennis to get that computer to work and post as his thread had a slight hijack to add to the already confrontations. SOON I hope or I will post 13 pictures of my dogs and lots of bouncy happy faces---things you love to see around here.

goldhuntress
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 12:27 PM

My Mom was in the hospital and had a stroke right in front of me, there was instant help and basically no recovery. She was already on a blood thinner so they did nothing else at all for her because there was nothing else TO do. So I guess I'm not sold that 3 hour time business although I think it's just common sense that sooner is better. The best thing for recovery is rigorous PT. and even when that's over for the day practicing exercises on your own as much as you can. Dennis is right to not want distraction and to stay focused and visualize being 100% again.That's what going to get him there.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 12:34 PM

Just spoke to Dennis, it appears he is having trouble operating the computer, so I will be up there this weekend to try to assist him.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 6-28-2012 at 12:35 PM

Try a vertical pole with horizontal limbs. Vertical works good for sliding across the bed, horizontal legs for pulling oneself up. Horizontal also works for the palm of the hand pushing downward while gripping.

http://www.pamkaur.com.au/Images%20-%20Product/Canadian%20Cr...

Hint: Set these crutches in his room and tell him "These are for when you decide you are ready to use them".

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
 Pages:  1  ..  20    22    24  ..  27

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.