Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  21    23    25  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 06:17 PM

You can assure any of your site folks asking that the Mexican Tourismo and Embassy has checked and double-checked whether Gary's been sighted anywhere near these incidents, in any jails or hospitals, and HE HAS NOT.

Thank you for your help, again!
Kimberly

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 06:30 PM

We are en route north —Loreto to El Rosario today. We asked at the military checkpoints between the two cities if they knew of the missing gringo, Gary Patton, and were looking for his vehicle.
None of them had heard of his disappearance.

They write down all license plates of northbound vehicles.
BajaDixon
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 06:45 PM

So far I have searched San Jacinto, which is a small compound of homes next to the shipwreck, Rick and Maria's bed and breakfast, which is next door to this compound, Pirates Cove restaurant, which is just outside Camalu, Costa Brava, which is near Vincente Guerrero, and about 25 miles of coastline around of these areas.

What was disturbing was that I've yet to find anyone who has even heard of Gary or his disappearance! The people I have talked with are very familiar with comings and goings in their respective areas.

Tomorrow I'll head down and talk with the owner of Jardines hotel and then start travelling south towards Catavina.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDixon
Tomorrow I'll head down and talk with the owner of Jardines hotel and then start travelling south towards Catavina.

Good....See if you can follow up or verify this:
-----------------------------

"He arrived in SQ at Jardines on Wednesday and checked out Thursday letting them know he planned on returning sunday. Jardines confirmed. Jardines or someone got the notion he may go to BDLA to see whale sharks. Wouldn't surprise me but still should have been back sunday. "

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDixon
So far I have searched San Jacinto, which is a small compound of homes next to the shipwreck, Rick and Maria's bed and breakfast, which is next door to this compound, Pirates Cove restaurant, which is just outside Camalu, Costa Brava, which is near Vincente Guerrero, and about 25 miles of coastline around of these areas.

What was disturbing was that I've yet to find anyone who has even heard of Gary or his disappearance! The people I have talked with are very familiar with comings and goings in their respective areas.

Perhaps we need to make flyers for Baja Nomad?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 09:40 AM

I will be spending tomorrow,Sunday night, at Jardines and will see what, if anything, is happening as far as the latest information from there.

Looking forward to the stuffed shrimp next store.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 09:59 AM

Marla and BajaDixon- this is not good. About 4 years ago a dog (Pickles) was lost after a car accident. We were making a trip from Tecate to Cabo and planned not only to look for "pickles" but to put up flyers. We stopped at remote Ejidos, restaurants, motels, pemex's etc etc. Everywhere we went there were flyers- even in off highway places. The military checkpoints knew of the missing dog and the reward that was being offered. It is hard to imagine that after this amount of time there are not flyers everywhere????????
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
It is hard to imagine that after this amount of time there are not flyers everywhere????????

I thought there were???

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 11:09 AM

We put up 8 flyers between San Quintin and Vizcaino at gas stations and at the Catavina hotel as well as gave one to the checkpoints.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 11:17 AM

Hi Dennis- I might have misinterpreted the Marla and BajaDixon posts but since they both indicated that many people that they talked to were not aware that Gary was missing I assumed that they didn't see flyers. I may be mistaken. What I do know is that when I traveled south, not long after Pickles had been reported missing, virtually everywhere I went there was a flyer and even the military and out of the way ejidos were aware of the missing dog. I took 100 flyers with me and didn't find a handful of places that didn't already have one. That doesn't seem to be the case with missing Gary.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 11:23 AM

People here can be very reluctant to get at all involved with missing persons. They just don't know who may be involved.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
People here can be very reluctant to get at all involved with missing persons. They just don't know who may be involved.

True that. Sad, but true. Self preservation is instinct. Hope Gary turns up safe.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 07:56 PM

OK. We're back north of the border. We saw one and only one Gary Patton-missing poster on our drive to Loreto and back—at the ex-La Pinta Hotel in Cataviña. Nothing at any gas station where we stopped. Not even in the El Rosario gas station next to Baja Cactus. We asked at EVERY checkpoint between Loreto and the border. No one had heard of Gary Patton or his missing silver Toyota 4-runner. Our last ask was at the Tecate border crossing this afternoon. The man in the immigration booth who looked at our passports for re-entry had not heard of the missing Gary Patton. I was surprised and saddened. He did add that maybe the license plate was in the computer for an alert, but he couldn't verify it. He just said it might be. That's all he could offer.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 08:45 AM

I believe someone mentioned he was a talker earlier in the thread. Has anyone called TallArtist and asked her more in detail? Between Gary and the Lifeguard incident, Sandra Dibbell may be interested in interviewing her as well.
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Tallartist. I have given your contact info to the family! Thanks so much, if he talked your ear off, that really was GARY!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 08:49 AM

I think that more questions need to be asked of the hotel in San Quintin where he last was staying. Maybe he mentioned where he was going, who he was with the night before, etc. etc.
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
It is hard to imagine that after this amount of time there are not flyers everywhere????????

I thought there were???
BajaDixon
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 06:47 PM

I was at Jardines yesterday and had conversations with ownership, management,
and patrons who had talked with Gary when he was at the bar. It was confirmed by the receptionist that he was there the 1st week of Sept. He had told them he was returning in a few days to stay even longer.

Ownership spent about 1/2 hour making phone calls to anyone they thought might have any info. A local gringo remembered talking with him at the bar. It appears that Gary was a very regular Joe. He just doesn't really stick out of a crowd.

I'm having a local friend make flyers and I'm going to start spreading them around. There are just not enough people that know about his disappearance. I'm also surprised by how few people I'm talking with read this forum. Outside of the folks at Jardines I haven't talked with anyone who is aware of this situation.

I travelled to Catavina last night and returned via dirt roads today. No luck. Tuesday I'll check more surf spots within a 50 mile radius of Jardines. Given my conversation with the people at Jardines I'm suspecting he didn't wander far and I know of some very special spots in this area that I haven't searched yet.

To the family- I'll keep the candle burning on my end while I'm in Baja, which is the balance of this month. One never knows what might develop.
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 07:39 PM

To Baja Dixon, we can not thank you enough for your amazing endeavor for our brother, Dad, Uncle and friend to many. When I read your post, it appeared you were looking for your long lost friend or family member, yet you are doing this for our family and we have not even met. How can we possibly extend our deepest appreciation to you and all you have done and even promised to do until the end of this month. Please know we are eternally grateful to you. The Patton Family
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 10:38 AM

TIP

Posts with

SE BUSCA GRAN RECOMPENSA PARA INFORMACION

and the individual's image nailed to walls bulletin boards and other community places has a thousand times better chance at getting results. One time I lost a wallet with no money inside at a comerical mexicana. A 2-week long regular poster yielded zero. A change to a 500 peso reward (recompensa) had the wallet with DL and Medicare Card back in my pocket in 2 days.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
TIP

Posts with

SE BUSCA GRAN RECOMPENSA PARA INFORMACION

and the individual's image nailed to walls bulletin boards and other community places has a thousand times better chance at getting results.

It's been suggested and went nowhere.

rayfornario
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 08:27 AM

Why hasn't this been mentioned on any of the TV news stations????????????? It couldn't hurt.
 Pages:  1  ..  21    23    25  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.