BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  22    24    26  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
DENNIS, You're dealing with some hard core lberals. Gives a bad taste to the mouth. Can spit 'em out when you get a chance.:yes:

Gawwwwdammmm....this whole debate has been hard to figure out.
Usually the Mexicans down here make no effort to hide their disgust and revulsion for what they call a Pocho....one of Mexican decent who was born in the USA and is without a national link to the mother land. They are truly reviled, so much that when they come here to party and carry on about their imagined link to Mexico, "Mi Tierra", as they continually say, the locals call them "Men without a country" for their efforts to abandon their true country, the US, and adopt Mexico as their blood country.

But, this seems to have changed. Those Pochos are all of a sudden the heartfelt concern of the Mexicans and they think it a terrible thing, even unconstitutional that their beloved brother, the Pocho, would be submitted to having someone ask for his ID.

Is it just me? This is confusing.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 03:51 PM

It's not just you. And yes, it is confusing. But always remember a liberal is a liberal. they're a "cheap shot" bunch of dirt bags.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 04:07 PM

Cypress

Just remember we are in the majority at the moment, that's a lot of dirt bags.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
It's not just you. And yes, it is confusing. But always remember a liberal is a liberal. they're a "cheap shot" bunch of dirt bags.

Just can't stand it when you are confused, can you Cypress. That's OK you have some company,
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Cypress

Just remember we are in the majority at the moment, that's a lot of dirt bags.

---true, and it is scary!!!!! Heaven (or the Force) help us!!!! :lol:

Barry
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 04:19 PM

Confused? Focused is more decriptive of my frame of mind. I'll vote and you can....:lol:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 04:22 PM

Quote:
Confused? Focused is more decriptive of my frame of mind. I'll vote and you can....:lol:

You are the one who said you were confused. or did you forget already...

We did vote. and the change is happinin. Thanks for the previous 8 years that drove that vote!
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 04:33 PM

Barry

Shades of Bush!!!!!!!!!!!:fire:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 04:39 PM

huh?? N-zi?? oh....puleeeeze...
i am a kraut yes... But i think DK is a norweigan - or maybe Swede - something anyway where you wear a viking hat, drink beer and eat pickled fish.:lol::lol::lol:
quick - where's the freshmints...tic tac??!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 04:47 PM

Our Southwest Border In the last 23 years, since the 1986, Reagan, one-time amnesty, over 27 million illegals have been apprehended, as they crossed the border into our United States.

UNITED STATES BORDER APPREHENSIONS (Source DHS/CBP)

1987 1,190,488
1988 1,008,145
1989 954,243
1990 1,169,939
1991 1,197,875
1992 1,258,482
1993 1,327,259
1994 1,094,717
1995 1,394,554
1996 1,649,986
1997 1,412,953
1998 1,555,776
1999 1,579,010
2000 1,676,438
2001 1,266,213
2002 955,310
2003 931,557
2004 1,160,395
2005 1,189,075
2006 1,089,902
2007 876,704
2008 723,825
2009 556,041

Would add "Center for Immigration Studies" numbers would have to be suspect.. as the organization is a "think tank" that is fundamentally pro immigration

The number above can be said to be suspect also, however I find the numbers reflective of what is happening based on numerous other reporting agency's.

Would add, that the decease which is seen, is more a function of 9/11/2001 than the economic impact until around 2007

[Edited on 5-2-2010 by wessongroup]

[Edited on 5-2-2010 by wessongroup]

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Barry

Shades of Bush!!!!!!!!!!!:fire:

Yes, right on. There ALL scary in Washington DC with a few exceptions!!! :o

Barry
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 06:02 PM

PLEASE PUT YOUR LITTLE GREEN MONSTERS AWAY!

Yet another arrow in the heart of many Nomads.

Today the prize goes to -------- for his wisdom and collective reasoning and for fomenting more hatred betwixt the participants of this forum.

Does Civil War ring a bell. How plucking pathetic and non-patriotic.

What's the new buzzword these days? Just might be "hate thy neighbor" Tooo sad.

This Baja political forum is not much fun to witness sometimes.

Die baby die!!!! (this non-productive and destructive thread)

JMHO, Corky

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Jesse-

Honest question here.....How do Mexicans (based on your knowledge) feel about illegal immigration into Mexico? From what I've read and seen on news shows, there are many human rights violations. Is there any truth to this? If so, is there any sort of protest from the people?

I only ask because from my position there seems to be a great deal of hypocrisy coming out of Mexico. Again, I said appears to be as I do not know the facts...only what I hear and read in the news...and we all know that does not mean much.

My experience is that we are way too good with illegal immigrants, here in La Paz they are all over the place, Colombians, Argentinians, Cubans, Chileans, Italians, French, and off course Americans and Canadians. The Mexican goverment almost always ends up giving them work visas for jobs or businesses that a Mexican can do. I have heard the situation with immigrants from central mexico is different, but i personally have not experience any of it.

In the US, illegals mostly go for jobs americans don't want to do, if anyone denies that, they are liying. Here is the opossite, they come and take good jobs that Mexicans want and need, and we give them visas.

So like i said, at least up north, we don't get to see any of the bad treatment many say exist up north.

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
PLEASE PUT YOUR LITTLE GREEN MONSTERS AWAY!

Yet another arrow in the heart of many Nomads.

Today the prize goes to -------- for his wisdom and collective reasoning and for fomenting more hatred betwixt the participants of this forum.

Does Civil War ring a bell. How plucking pathetic and non-patriotic.

What's the new buzzword these days? Just might be "hate thy neighbor" Tooo sad.

This Baja political forum is not much fun to witness sometimes.

Die baby die!!!! (this non-productive and destructive thread)

JMHO, Corky

I agree, Corky! Some here are really exposing their no class underbellies. They are getting nastier and nastier. Glad to know who they are and how they think. Hope to never meet any of them. :barf:

Hang in there Jesse! I understand what you are saying.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 07:13 PM
Keep Stirring the Pot

The Biggest thing we have to fear is that the heated feelings will die down.

Keep the Eyes on the November Prize.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Jesse-

Honest question here.....How do Mexicans (based on your knowledge) feel about illegal immigration into Mexico? From what I've read and seen on news shows, there are many human rights violations. Is there any truth to this? If so, is there any sort of protest from the people?

I only ask because from my position there seems to be a great deal of hypocrisy coming out of Mexico. Again, I said appears to be as I do not know the facts...only what I hear and read in the news...and we all know that does not mean much.

My experience is that we are way too good with illegal immigrants, here in La Paz they are all over the place, Colombians, Argentinians, Cubans, Chileans, Italians, French, and off course Americans and Canadians. The Mexican goverment almost always ends up giving them work visas for jobs or businesses that a Mexican can do. I have heard the situation with immigrants from central mexico is different, but i personally have not experience any of it.

In the US, illegals mostly go for jobs americans don't want to do, if anyone denies that, they are liying. Here is the opossite, they come and take good jobs that Mexicans want and need, and we give them visas.

So like i said, at least up north, we don't get to see any of the bad treatment many say exist up north.

Thanks for input. I know in San Diego there are many legals here in construction that might disagree with you about the jobs. And there are many in the hospitality business that would argue that illegals keeps the wages down...which I would agree they do. But, I am not an expert beyond that.

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
While there are many good, legal Mexicans that benefit the United States businesses... there are maybe 20 million illegals that are a drain on our society, medical services, etc. and take jobs from Americans.

I would argue that the reason illegals are a drain is because most don't avail themselves of social services. When families don't get proper medical care, or educate their children they become a permanent underclass and wind up populating our prisons.

And what jobs? In California the bottom barrel jobs pay, with burden, $10 per hour. Unskilled Americans don't work them because why? :rolleyes: The only jobs illegals take are the ones they are given.

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Mexico doesn't allow Americans to work in Mexico, unless you have a sponsor and can prove that you have skills not available at that location. Mexico puts Mexicans first (good for them)! The counrty has an obligation to its citizens... too bad America doesn't do what Mexico does in that respect!

Don't kid yourself. Migra is very lax in enforcing the laws. There's not a job a gringo can't get hired for if he's a mind to. And Mexico puts it's oligarchs first...it's people last.

Bottom line is that our lazy, over-privileged youth is what has become a burden...Not immigrants. Legal or otherwise.

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 09:02 PM

Good point

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2010 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
Good point

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 01:38 AM

If theres a demand, the workers will find a way, its as simple as that.

Pages:  1  ..  22    24    26  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.