Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  23    25    27  ..  93
Author: Subject: Turtle bust
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 02:18 PM

Byron
Vey good question even if it is an obvious one.
On the last days of March, there was an atempt to kidnap me on my hotel, the atempt was frustrated because I have my private securty people, but at that time there were a couple of PGR guys who chased them at 4 AM to Mulege; of course denouncing Narcs is a dangerous business but it has to be done, if not, they already won and I am not that easy; for that action I can not acuse Olivia, but remember that just a few days latter on April 4 at 3:30 AM 2 boats were being unloaded on Olivias ramp; clearly they needed me out of there one way or the other.
That day the Army took me to La Paz, that was a Saturday and the next day on Sunay we saw El Gordo (Olivia's relative) going in to the Estate Palace on a Sunday in La Paz; of course my next step was San Diego California direct.
I never said it is easy or safe, but I will not be pushed from my property by a bunch of narcs.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 02:26 PM

ELINBEST8
I will gladly do it, in fact I have been doing it for years without any obligation, but let me ask you a question.
Would you allow a neighbor that acts like Olivia to every day cross your property? When she asked me to allow her to cross my property in a civil way, I just asked her to ask me in writing, she did it and I granted her the right to cross my property with her cars, but she is miss using it and acting in an uncivil way, commiting crimes; what would you do in my place?????
You see that I proposed her to just quit breaking the law and I would allow her to stay, what was her respose? just read it above.
I will allow her to continue with her restaurant business as long as she quit selling unlawfull things, drughs or turtle and allow free access to the boat ramp to aevery people who want to use it; in exchange I will even lend her some land to use it as parking for her customers; do you think it is fair enough ??? only she have actually to do it.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ramuma53
ELINBEST8
I will gladly do it, in fact I have been doing it for years without any obligation, but let me ask you a question.
Would you allow a neighbor that acts like Olivia to every day cross your property? When she asked me to allow her to cross my property in a civil way, I just asked her to ask me in writing, she did it and I granted her the right to cross my property with her cars, but she is miss using it and acting in an uncivil way, commiting crimes; what would you do in my place?????
You see that I proposed her to just quit breaking the law and I would allow her to stay, what was her respose? just read it above.
I will allow her to continue with her restaurant business as long as she quit selling unlawfull things, drughs or turtle and allow free access to the boat ramp to aevery people who want to use it; in exchange I will even lend her some land to use it as parking for her customers; do you think it is fair enough ??? only she have actually to do it.

Rafael, If you are a good human being and are not vindictive "Y estoy agarrando la onda que eres una persona decente" then let them have the right to cross your land until all is finally settled in court. Even though I like to think of myself as a tough guy I would like to think I would continue with an agreement even though I would like to do something else. That's called Character "Pienso que eso lo tienes tambien. "Buen caracter." David

ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 06:17 PM

ELINVEST8
You are lot tougher negotiator than her.
my only problem is that in court nothing is going to be settled because I am not in court anymore, it is only her and 4 Americans; my title was already recognized in court and the motion to void my title denied; also the Ejido dropped their claims recognizing my title and my rights, so I have nothing left in court to be settled; so I cannot win or she cannot lose because nothing is in the pot.
That mean that I have nothing to win, but having friends like you must be difficult.
Ok, she continue to have access for her cars through my property as long as she do not commit more crimes, but if you think that I will accomplish anything with that, I don't think so, I think she, sooner or later will hang herself, so I take my words back anyway. She is allowed again.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 06:23 PM

mi respeto compa en la lucha por paz...elinvest you are now "The Negotiator"...gotta nice ring to it eh!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 07:34 PM

Rafael, I am so very happy that you decided to take the very high road and allow them access. I know it's hard to for you to do considering what has happened in the past. I truly believe Rafael, that you are a better person for having reconsidered your position and you show everyone you are a man of your word and of good character. I realize you no longer have a court fight with Olivia and Mark what I was referring to is their turtle problem. Let the turtle problem make its way through the court system then see what you need to do after the matter is settled. I for one hope they did not do it because I would someday like to come down and visit all of you guys. Thank you again Rafael. David.

P.S. Hi Shari, I just did not like seeing how people were stirring the pot in here when it was not necessary. Thank you for the compliment but I truly thank Rafael for listening with his heart to someone he does not know then to make that hard decision not to close the access to Olivia and Mark. I believe it took guts for him to come to that decision. Rafael has my total respect.

coho
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 08:21 PM

It is wonderful to see some sanity returning to this situation with the great mediation that has occurred. I salute you Mr Munoz for softening your heart. I am sure you feel better inside and the Baja Nomad community uplifted by your generosity and understanding in granting continued access for your neighbors. In the heat of the battle many derogatory and defamatory remarks have been made by both sides. Is it possible that both sides could state their apologies here before us all....shake hands at next meeting...and for a moment in time declare a cease fire. Life is short. Anger destroys. Peace and love?
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 08:23 PM

and fish tacos???

ILikeMex
Nomad

Mood: Whishing I was there

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 08:46 AM

For what it is worth, I believe Ramuna53. The law seems to be on his side as well.
Why would he try to setup Olivia to put her out of business (lies, Turtle plant etc) when it seems he could have a much easier time and legally do it by cutting off access to her restaurant?
KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 10:15 AM

He can not cut off the restruant.
He has already allowed them to use the passage.
Mark could file a lawsuit for damages and Munoz would have to pay.
It is too late for a fence.
That ship has sailed.
He is probably worried about the mafia connection that Mark has not addressed.
I think i would worry too if it is true.
I am wondering about these relatives of Olivias.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Byron
If all these claims by ramuma are true , then who is protecting him after publicly stating them?

Sometimes its necessary to confront problems or problematic neighbors, even claims against powerful people.

Interestingly, those who are the most dangerous and powerful rarely respond to the claims of criminal activity. Actions are far more powerful than words. That is why the threat to close access was only a threat, if he did take action that would precipitate action from the other party and their associates.

FYI Its best to leave both these lucheros alone to wallow in their mess. Its not going to get better, only worse.
OLIGUACOMOLE
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 11:16 AM
Viva Mexico

What can we say more to this situation???? We have answered nearly all questions asked. We are impressed by the interest of this thread. I did not know what a thread was before the Nomad forum. All I can say is I have enjoyed it very much. Not too much gets under my skin anymore. We will try and contribute more to the Nomad under different subjects.

With all the interest of this post I think the Nomad should give Munoz and Olivia a free t-shirt. I will personally hang it in our restaurant right next to the stuffed turtle!

FYI our restaurant offers free WIFI. So if you are going by and have the urge stop...come in and check up on the Nomad. Meet Olivia and Mark and if Munoz is here go and say hello to him!

Guilty until proven innocent! The gangstas at Buenventura
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 11:40 AM

My firm belief is that Rafael did not change his mind about re-granting passage to Olivia and Mark because he was scared. I am sure he has the resources to protect himself. I do believe he did so because he is a man of his word and is of good character.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 11:44 AM

the line for tshirts goes around the punta, buddy. paying customers are going to be carrying pitchforks if there are any freebies given out before they get a shirt.....:lol:

o nomadic one - any news on shirts?

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 11:45 AM

I am very glad that this appears to have been temporarily resolved and no violence has occurred. In the words of the great philosopher, Rodney King, "can't we all just get along"?. I look forward to going having a beer at the cantina and wave to anyone at the hotel.

If this in fact has boiled over, now what am I going to do with my time? I have been an avid reader of this thread since the start and now I might have to go back to watching Judge Judy or something else with drama but I doubt that it will compare to this story!

Good luck to all parties and may the justice system prevail.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

TheColoradoDude
Nomad

Mood: Paz, Amor, y Tacos de Pescado

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 03:52 PM

Is it possible that this is just one giant publicity stunt? Kind of like when they introduced "New Coke"?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheColoradoDude
Is it possible that this is just one giant publicity stunt? Kind of like when they introduced "New Coke"?

Could be. I saw "Coke" mentioned more than once.
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 06:48 PM

Just don't expect to get an XX-Large :lol::lol::lol:

805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 06:58 PM

This needs to go away.
OLIGUACOMOLE
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2009 at 10:27 PM

I have more turtle goo for those who give a #@!%. I just looked through the papers from the so called inspectors of Sagarpa and Conapesca. For some reason they had orders all the way from Mazatlan an order of inspection for our restaurant by name "El Sargasso" on April 8, 2009. Conveniently they raided our restaurant on April 11, 2009 after a anonymous phone call on the same day. Inspection orders in hand from three days prior. I have checked with other local restaurants if they had been checked by these officials. I got a "no" answer from all. I did find out that a lady from Mulege was found with turtle in a pot on Playa Requeson the same day we were raided, and was told to dump the contents out in the dirt. No charges were made on her. If needed I can post her name.

How convienent it is to have all these things happen on a Saturday afternoon. Usually paid arrests happen on a Friday or a Saturday, because then the offices are closed, judges are out and you can not make bail. You will get to spend time in jail. My wife and cook get arrested on a Saturday afternoon. Jail time is mandatory. I am going to get to the bottom of this @#%$!@# corruption. I have only one person in the world that wants to cause problems for me.
 Pages:  1  ..  23    25    27  ..  93

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.