BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  23    25    27
Author: Subject: DENNIS is in the hospital.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2012 at 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
tell big D we miss him....

X2;D

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 7-10-2012 at 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Quote:

X2;D

X3;D
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2012 at 08:15 PM

Quote:

Don Drysdale?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 06:40 PM

Just to let you know I will no longer be handling Dennis' care. Dennis is very determined to get back to his home. He is targeting a goal to return home in approximately 3 weeks. I have several areas of disagreement with this, therefore, his friend, Pam AKA Molly, will be handling his care. Lindalou on this board also is Dennis' next door neighbor, so she can answer any of your questions. I will also be out of Mexico for at least a month starting August 15, when I finish medical school.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 06:50 PM

I'll be returning from Canada next week and would like to stop and see him before heading back to Punta Banda on July 25th. Unless you think this is a bad ide send me a U2U and let me know where he is.

Bob Durrell
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 06:53 PM
Hi Bob

Bob Please contact Pam with all inquiries as I will not know his current wishes by the time you get back. You might want to U2U LindaLou.
Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
I'll be returning from Canada next week and would like to stop and see him before heading back to Punta Banda on July 25th. Unless you think this is a bad ide send me a U2U and let me know where he is.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 07:25 PM
Just My Two Cents of Opinion

I had a stroke five years ago

Luckily, it only affected my vision, hearing and balance. I was not taken to a hospital because it happened in my sleep and we only figured it out when I started running into the furniture and then I got an MRI in TJ where my affliction was diagnosed.

There is a lot of anger that comes when you become helpless and strangers tell you that you are "sick" and then you want to push back against the people who are dumping that information on you and controlling your environment.

Best wishes for a good recovery for Dennis, I am very fond of his sardonic comments on Baja and the world in general.

Hoping for his quick return to the Baja Nomad board.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 07:53 PM

Dennis,

I wish you the best. I hope you're doing better and I look forward to your return into BN land.

Having said that, no rush...................come back when you want to....

Best of luck......and know (as I'm sure you do) that it's not the same without you in Nomad land.

Later bro,

Ateo

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2012 at 08:18 AM

lizard lips...............
Can you give us a short answer if DENNIS is in good hands now? Txs so much.

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Lizard Lips will be making an in person visit with Dennis tomorrow, I am sure he will report back that he is the same old Dennis!!!

I just got back to Ensenada after working in Oaxaca for the last three days and could not get over to see Dennis. I was going to see him after I landed but i was so tired I just couldn't make it. I will see him for sure on Saturday when I cross.

I am going to call him now......

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2012 at 10:39 PM

Dennis,
Hope you find some progress in each day.

For those not knowing, Dennis was instrumental in getting the first Golf4Ninos((2008) up and running with contacts, info, resources. And he did it without need4recognition.

I am NOT pretending to be a best friend of Dennis. I am just a friend and neighbor who lives a few hundred meters from his home.

Get well soon, AMIGO. SALUD!

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2012 at 11:31 PM

I think about you alot DENNIS.... get well soon. Looking forward to your posts here on Nomad again.

Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2012 at 03:53 AM

Dennis is in GREAT hands now. No worries.
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2012 at 04:12 AM

EnsenadaDr,

You are a good person to selfishly donate your time, energy, medical expertise and I'm sure $ to help a person out in real need. From the start of Dennis'medical emergency to handing it off to Pam you are to be congratuated for how smoothly everything transpired because of your management skills weaving your way through the morass of medical administrations and policies in two countries.

Why you did that for this shiftless buttcrack is beyond me. You have something in your heart and soul the hard hearted do not have. Why you only get grief from the keyboard commandos on this board shows the true natured of this group, "all talk and not action".

Good luck in your new adventures and enjoy yourself with family in hawaii. You have certainly earned a vacation. Also good luck with the medical boards you take soon. I know if I was sick I'd like you to look after me.

Dennis
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2012 at 05:37 AM

I guess I should have gone in to greater detail so there are no concerns about his current and prior handling. Dennis told me that Janene did a great job and really didn't expect her to step in like she did. The only thing he did say about Janene that was negative was that the medical staff at both facilities thought she was to demanding and she didn't hold back when she thought he was not getting the proper treatment. I feel that with her experience she saw things that needed correcting and voiced her concern in the only way she knew how. Dennis gave Janene both a credit and debit card for her use directly related to his needs and her expenses in that regard and there are NO issues there.

The only reason Dennis decided to have Janene step back is because she is leaving for Hawaii and he didn't want to burden her anymore. He is not going to the VA and decided to stay where he is until he feels he can return home.

He reads the posts on this board and appreciates all the positive concerns for his recovery. I'm sure when he is ready he will let everyone know himself how he is doing.

I will see him tomorrow morning. I am not Dennis's spokesman, just a friend as all of you are.

I have had words with Janene in the past only because I was concerned about Dennis's treatment and her not coming forth with information that I wanted. She has a way of communicating when she posts that is misunderstood, to say the least. I have told her more than once to just not respond but she won't leave it alone. Everyone is different and has baggage in their life that is private. Janene is VERY sensitive and a lot of people take advantage of that. I think it's time to just leave her alone. She did the best she could do for Dennis and had his back when he was down and for that she should be recognized as a friend and someone who can be trusted.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-13-2012 at 06:33 AM

thank you so much Mr.Lips...a very informative post and thank YOU Doctora for your involvement...we gotta do what we gotta do.

love you D

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2012 at 06:33 AM

?

P1010008.jpg - 48kB

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-13-2012 at 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
The only thing he did say about Janene that was negative was that the medical staff at both facilities thought she was to demanding and she didn't hold back when she thought he was not getting the proper treatment.

hospitals treat patients like widgets, especially patients that stay past 3 days. the reality is that patients need an advocate to fight against hospital factory-treatment. good for janene for yelling and screaming. if the advocate is timid and mute the hospital machine will run over the patient.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2012 at 06:48 AM

Huh..... :O:O:O:O:o She's running off to Hawaii with Dennis' credit cards. :O:O:O:O

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's funny how a post like that will get nomads storming the bastille.

The doctor has stepped up to the plate in a big way. She was often misunderstood because, as I see it, of her personality ("I did it ..... My way"). But nobody came close to doing for Dennis what she did.

A great big thank you.
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2012 at 06:49 AM

Hear, Hear for Janene!
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-13-2012 at 06:52 AM

Totally agree goat.. my wife saved me twice .. :):)

Pages:  1  ..  23    25    27

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.