BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  24    26    28  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 12:34 PM

Same to you fellow Nomad.

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 12:36 PM

monoloco, Me either, but it seems to be that polarization is the name of the game. The weather here's sorta iffy.:biggrin:
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 12:59 PM

I'd say on a 1-10 scale we're looking at a 9 here.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
I don't know why this has to be a liberal vs. conservative issue. I don't believe anyone thinks that illegal immigration is a good thing. The question is should we deal with it in scattered and reactionary ways or do we try to come up with logical and effective reform that works for businesses that need imported labor and is fair and streamlined for foreign workers. It seems like both political parties and certain media outlets would rather this be a polarizing issue to gain political advantage or to gain market share. This is something that could have been dealt with long ago if it hadn't been more expedient to use the issue as a political football.

The federal government, for reasons of their own, have made the decision on numerous occasions to do absolutly nothing about the problem. They have forced the most affected states to do their job for them.
The problem now will be to see how lame the feds can react to this. If they do their usual nothing, that could be seen as tacit approval for states to assume the burden of enforcement and cost.

What a bunch of chiittt. Congress is more concerned about that wasteland Afghanistan than the USA.

Our government is the enemy.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 01:17 PM

I agree with you Dennis, it really is a shame that congress would rather hold us hostage on this issue to advance their political careers than come up with some common sense legislation that would improve the situation.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 01:25 PM

The Mexican population in the US is a huge voting block. Add to that the left and you have a huge block that Obama will not want to alienate. Bush courted the mexican vote and previous Democratics as well.

I'm not holding my breath for the Fed's to resolve this issue anytime soon. It will in all likelyhood be the states problem as it has been.

Ken
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
The Mexican population in the US is a huge voting block. Add to that the left and you have a huge block that Obama will not want to alienate. Bush courted the mexican vote and previous Democratics as well.

I'm not holding my breath for the Fed's to resolve this issue anytime soon. It will in all likelyhood be the states problem as it has been.

Ken

Spot on... :):)

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico
I just got back from a 3 week Baja trip and wrote a couple of posts (which JESSE replied to above) that I subsequently deleted after reading the first half of this thread because my points had been already discussed. One point that I didn't see discussed follows.

Perhaps a year ago I saw on a local San Diego newscast a city official saying he didn't want San Diego police enforcing federal immigration laws because by doing so they would lose the trust of the Mexican population, and that would be detrimental to the performance of their job.

For example, let's say that there is a serial rapist or child molester terrorizing a Mexican neighborhood. If the people were afraid of getting deported they wouldn't come forward to report the crimes or present evidence/information they may have. If, on the other hand, they knew that San Diego cops would not ask about citizenship, they would be more likely to participate in the apprehension of criminal and have a generally better relationship with the cops on the beat.

I thought it was a good point.

Think about it. The nice hardworking Mexican family down the street. Dad has been here illegally for 10 years working construction jobs, the rest of the family is legal. Are they now targets for criminals? If they call the police Dad will be arrested/deported. Probably best to not report the child molestation.

[Edited on 5-3-2010 by k-rico]

We all know if this were to occur, it would be taken care of much like it does in prison... and I might be wrong.. but, most in LE.. view the immigration issue in perspective based on the paticular situation..

If one asks if a Law is to be enforced, LE have but one option, yes.. as it is there job to enforce the laws which are on the books

The real problem arises when a law is not enforced, if a Law and it's regulations are not enforced ........ a law that is not enforceable or is invalid can never be changed if not put to the real test.. "in field application"... all the talk is just that.. in the field we find out if it works, if not it needs to be changed..

Can't fix it, if you don't know what is broke...:):)

speaking of back's

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 02:40 PM

Barry O'Drama used immigration reform as a lure for the hispanic voting block, and he PROMISED it would have a high priority. So much for lips a flappin' and Jive a talkin'

Guess he thinks he's still in a Chicago Barrio workin' the community activist belt.
well....now he has peed them off royally stating it has to go on the back burner. Too many other issues like how he can continue to loot the US treasury and creat debt levels heretofore never seen. Now at 5.7 Trillion - with a T!

Yeah...November....it's a coming...HAHAHA.

SIGNED a Cracker from inside a cracker jax box.;D

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 03:10 PM
ID Please

In India they even require Photo IDs for their Cows.

Of course, that isn't working either.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
The federal government, for reasons of their own, have made the decision on numerous occasions to do absolutly nothing about the problem. They have forced the most affected states to do their job for them.
The problem now will be to see how lame the feds can react to this. If they do their usual nothing, that could be seen as tacit approval for states to assume the burden of enforcement and cost.

What a bunch of chiittt. Congress is more concerned about that wasteland Afghanistan than the USA.

Our government is the enemy.

comrade:
have you seen all the money they have been spending on the mex border? walls, walls and more walls. hundreds of miles. and border patrol agents and sensors all over the place.
next time you sober up, take a drive along the border and report back here (prefer you file your report before you unsober).

your tax dollars at work!
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
In India they even require Photo IDs for their Cows.

Of course, that isn't working either.

:lol::lol::lol:

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 03:43 PM

Hey, capt. mike. Not so sure anyone should be blaming Obama on this one. It was congress that blew it. Repeatedly. Even the newly reborn redneck John McCain certainly can't deny that he sponsored comprehensive immigration reform in a bill he co-authored with Ted Kennedy, that had GWB's support. The senate wouldn't even allow it to come up for debate, despite the fact that the House had already approved a similar bill. And actually, it's really not a right v left or Republicans v Democrat thing. Members of congress on both sides of the aisle, who come from urbanized states that have large immigrant populations are inherently for such legislation. It's those who come from states where it appears that immigrants are someone else's problem, who continually block the efforts.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 03:58 PM

Howodd - you are spot on, can't give a sidebar to that.
but - i do enjoy slamming the O'Bam-meister any chance i can cause he is such a poser.:biggrin:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 04:19 PM

Let's play the "fair and balanced game" GWB has an education from both Harvard and Yale. He grew up in privilege. When he first ran for office in Texas, he lost because he was consider an outsider. So, the answer was to dumb himself down so he would appeal to the hick vote. It worked. And when he ran for president. he only lost the popular vote by a smidge more than half a million votes.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/bush/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2010 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
comrade:
have you seen all the money they have been spending on the mex border? walls, walls and more walls. hundreds of miles. and border patrol agents and sensors all over the place.
next time you sober up, take a drive along the border and report back here (prefer you file your report before you unsober).

your tax dollars at work!

Where is that wall you speak of? Show me fifty feet of it that isn't connected to the Port Of Entry.

Since you insist on doing your Karl Marx lookalike thing, you should have your ducks in a row...unless you fed all your ducks to the poor people. Leaves room for those filets you hipocrites enjoy so much.

What a bunch of frauds you Libs are. Seems your rank-and-file is filled by those who have it all and want to give away everything I have and those others who think they're entitled to it.
Get your minions a job and quit teaching them to blood-suck.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-4-2010 at 10:02 AM
Solving Problems One by One

How about this ?

Taking a thought from the Indian Cow ID program:

They chose Photo IDs (for different reasons) because Branding or Ear Tagging was considered improper for their Holy Bovines.

We, however, could adopt a program of (say) "Voluntary" Ear-Bobbing to those illegals we give the choice of repatriation over deportation. Branding would probably be easier to camouflage.

If nothing else, it "might" make for easier identification of repeaters. Worth a try, don't you think ?
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-4-2010 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
It is so sad when people are not free to speak their ideas and interact without the slams and negative comments.

.... I have had Democrat friends and girlfriends .......

On a positive note, it is good to see that you can seperate your Democratic friends and your (unspecified) girlfriends:biggrin:

Bob Durrell
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2010 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
It is so sad when people are not free to speak their ideas and interact without the slams and negative comments.

.... I have had Democrat friends and girlfriends .......

On a positive note, it is good to see that you can seperate your Democratic friends and your (unspecified) girlfriends:biggrin:

Happen to notice that it was stated in past tense??:lol::?::lol:
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-4-2010 at 10:41 AM

Quote:
In all honesty It does not get more Racist than this!

Racist with a capital R:?: Why:?::?::?:

Bob Durrell
 Pages:  1  ..  24    26    28  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.