Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  25    27    29  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 07:03 PM

Bajaguy,

Were the culprits every caught? Did you know the guy from Gardnerville?

Ken
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Bajaguy,

Were the culprits every caught? Did you know the guy from Gardnerville?

Ken

Yes....the posters we put up developed a lead on their truck which led to the suspect

And no....however during the investigation I got to know the families quite well,

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 07:12 PM

Good job Bajaguy, and of course Lizard Lips!!!!!

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by tripledigitken]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Good job Bajaguy!!!!!

Didn't do it alone, Lizard Lips was THE GUY!!!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 08:50 AM

Lizard Lips IS the guy! :light: Seriously Patton Family...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 09:01 AM

Yesterday we wrote to the moderator of the Baja 1000 race and explained the circumstances of Gary and are awaiting a response from them.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 12:28 PM

Is it possible for any family members to get down to San Quintin and try and trace Gary's steps?
Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
Yesterday we wrote to the moderator of the Baja 1000 race and explained the circumstances of Gary and are awaiting a response from them.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Is it possible for any family members to get down to San Quintin and try and trace Gary's steps?

Which direction from Jardines should they go? Since nobody knows where he went, or even if he went anywhere, it's the "needle in the haystack."

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by DENNIS]

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Which direction from Jardines should they go? Since nobody knows where he went, or even if he went anywhere, it's the "needle in the haystack."

Like I said above, .....

It is time for professional help. The family needs to hire someone who has experience, who speaks Spanish fluently, who lives here, who has the connections and who knows what to do and how to do it.............

And that has not been done.

This needs to be a coordinated effort and that has not been done.

A haphazard disconnected approach to something like this is a feel good effort but wastes everybody's time and really does not accomplish anything.

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by bajaguy]

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 01:18 PM

Did Gary Patton ever indicate that he might want to go Missing and Change his Life???
If he talked about it to a member of the Family or Friend he may have decided do do Just That, going to Baja and then returning under a new Name etc.. The sighting in Rosarita and his Talking does indicate that he is still around somewhere.

Sure hope that he is found and the Family can rest in Peace.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
The sighting in Rosarita and his Talking does indicate that he is still around somewhere.

That report is questionable. Seems the reporter has credibility issues.....as well as fashion discrepancies.

I'm sorry I ever commented on her report. I now believe it was booolsht.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 06:29 PM

Dennis,
He started out at the Jardines Hotel. That might be a good start.
Quote:
Quote:

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 06:31 PM

Dennis,

Your heart took over your head for a moment. You just can't resist a woman in PJ's!!

Quote:
Quote:
The sighting in Rosarita and his Talking does indicate that he is still around somewhere.

That report is questionable. Seems the reporter has credibility issues.....as well as fashion discrepancies.

Zapotec
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:

My hat off to you. Takes a real man to admit what you just did. I admire you for that....not that it matters that you have my respect for that. though.
mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 11:08 PM
Mamma's

Guys it was posted that he always stopped at Momma's and loved the place. Has the guest sign in book in the restaurant been looked at for the date range in question to see if he signed it. I know my family always signs it when there. and has anyone spoken to seņora Rolle. She knows many of us that have been going there for years maybe she will remember seeing him if he stopped there since he sounds like a regular.

Also to the Patton family you can go down to contingency the day before the Baja 1000 with a stack of fliers. Every race crew will be there and most will have spent the previous week pre running so fliers with pictures of him and the truck could stir some memories and turn up more leads.

Josh
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 06:36 AM

Such a good idea for the baja mil guys to post flyers!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 02:04 PM

Jeez...I guess flyers certainly can't hurt and may help but I think we are getting beyond that now. I guess someone just might spot his car out in a remote desert areas. He either wants to be gone or he is in very serious trouble. I agree with others that if it were me I would be getting some qualified, experienced help to scour Baja....quadrant by quadrant starting at last known location.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by redmesa
Jeez...I guess flyers certainly can't hurt and may help but I think we are getting beyond that now. I guess someone just might spot his car out in a remote desert areas. He either wants to be gone or he is in very serious trouble. I agree with others that if it were me I would be getting some qualified, experienced help to scour Baja....quadrant by quadrant starting at last known location.

Sometimes it's hard to say what needs to be said, as you just did, but hope has to give way to reality.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 06:16 PM

To LIzard Lips:
Would you mind sending our flyer to your contacts you mention even though they are in Ensenada, perhaps they have contacts in San Quintin and south?

One of my good friend for over 20 years is Marco Novelo who was just voted in as "Delagado" (Federal Congressman) and his office is located next to the City of Ensenada "Presidencia" just south of the city. He is also the owner of Las Rosas Hotel in Ensenada. His congressional area is from the city of Ensenada to BOLA. You MUST contact Marco and ask for a letter from him that can be presented to city, state, and federal facilities that need to be contacted. These letters go a long way and especially now with tourism on the re-bound and Marco as well as his staff will be very helpful. Marco speaks English. No one in government wants to see tourism decline and I assume they will be more than helpful. Marco could get a flyer to every Mexican Federal Government employee from Ensenada to BOLA.

My brother in law here in Ensenada owns the largest tow facility in the city and is contracted by the Federal de Caminos (Mexican Highway Patrol) to tow for them.

California license plate 4 VUZ 284 (2-wheel drive w/OEM roof rack) -- see page 1 this site for pictures.

Thank you for your offer!
K

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
To LIzard Lips:
Would you mind sending our flyer to your contacts you mention even though they are in Ensenada, perhaps they have contacts in San Quintin and south?

One of my good friend for over 20 years is Marco Novelo who was just voted in as "Delagado" (Federal Congressman) and his office is located next to the City of Ensenada "Presidencia" just south of the city. He is also the owner of Las Rosas Hotel in Ensenada. His congressional area is from the city of Ensenada to BOLA. You MUST contact Marco and ask for a letter from him that can be presented to city, state, and federal facilities that need to be contacted. These letters go a long way and especially now with tourism on the re-bound and Marco as well as his staff will be very helpful. Marco speaks English. No one in government wants to see tourism decline and I assume they will be more than helpful. Marco could get a flyer to every Mexican Federal Government employee from Ensenada to BOLA.

My brother in law here in Ensenada owns the largest tow facility in the city and is contracted by the Federal de Caminos (Mexican Highway Patrol) to tow for them.

California license plate 4 VUZ 284 (2-wheel drive w/OEM roof rack) -- see page 1 this site for pictures.

Thank you for your offer!
K

I don't understand why this family can't make their requests on a personal basis. They have appealed to me, through Blanca, for attention to my posts on this matter, but although the methods are clear to them for personal requests, they insist on going through Blanca.
Things like this only add to the mystery that has prevailed in this issue from the beginning.

And...who is this well connected "K" ? Why haven't these connections been called into play before now?

This is getting strange....to say the least.

[Edited on 10-24-2013 by DENNIS]

Pages:  1  ..  25    27    29  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.