Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  26    28    30  ..  93
Author: Subject: Turtle bust
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 5-13-2009 at 12:36 PM

Well, I remember Hank Rhon saying that women were his favorite animal species...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-13-2009 at 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Well, I remember Hank Rhon saying that women were his favorite animal species...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ex-mayor Jorge Hank? Here he is with the esposa of my web host in 2005... I took the photo, and that is as close as I got to him (bodygaurds out of view)!

TijuanaFun.jpg - 36kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 5-13-2009 at 11:10 PM

ELINVEST8
I gave you my word I will not close the access untill she violate again the law and I will keep it
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 5-13-2009 at 11:12 PM

COHO
As long as you dont fish protected species you will have no trouble but if you fish protected species I think even you agree you will deserve to go to jail and I don't think in the USA you will do better.

[Edited on 5-14-2009 by ramuma53]
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2009 at 11:21 PM

Geez. You guys think Hank even merits comment? He's like the Mexican Donald Trump.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 5-14-2009 at 05:54 AM

I have tried any and every means possible to hijack this thread.

If it can't be done with scantily clad bikini models, then it is probably an impossibility and I should have just given up.

Centuries from now, when we are all gone and forgotten, this thread will still be on top, with 447929 pages, 8958580 posts and 1791716000 views.

And we still won't know what happened to the turtles...

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2009 at 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ramuma53
ELINVEST8
I gave you my word I will not close the access untill she violate again the law and I will keep it

Rafael, I believe you!

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 5-14-2009 at 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
You only peeked???

I made it my new home page, desktop and screen saver...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::bounce::lol::lol:

OLIGUACOMOLE
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2009 at 03:30 PM
Munoz Employees, Officials and Letter

Well the employees of the hotel are on the board at the military check point north of Loreto. I will try and upload the picture. If any of you are interested the picture is top and center. I am not sure what kind of drugs were found on them.

Officials of the turtle search order are going to be investigated. One official of SAGARPA said this is the first time a he has seen a search order from Mazatlan. They all come normally from this state. Our search order specifically for our restaurant was issued from Mazatlan on April 8, officials showed up to raid our restaurant on April 11 after a phone tip.

This is a letter I just recieved from one of the of the homes next to Munoz..... and his employees:
Greetings, by now you probably know that we were at the beach over night last week. We were there to empty our house....about 9 days ago I received email from a friend in Asuncion that said to look at the nomad board and see just what was being said about you two and Munoz...Whew!! pretty scary...Before that we were seriously considering moving there for a year so ******* could master spanish and we would home school her,,,just like you guys did with Marks daughter Brianna. Then we read the board....This seems to us to be serious stuff. If Munoz did have the turtle planted then he is capable of much more....I doubt that this will end if you win your court case...think what he would do then....arrange an accident??? who knows..What I do know is that we can't risk being in the line of fire...You two have been very kind to us and especially to ******* and we will miss that...and the beach...but we just can't stay under the current atmosphere.. when we arrived at the beach we found that we had been robbed again ( that makes 4 times now) and about 1/3 of the stuff we came for was gone.....we took what was left and **** and ***** ( and his two employees) took what we did not want.....I hate to just walk away from the house but what choice did we have?? We wish you well and hope you prevail over your issues. I did read what Munoz said about the fight in the bar two years ago and if it comes to that I will testify for you as to what happened....You did nothing wrong and there seems to be a lot of misinformation out there, ( most of it from Sr. Munoz)......Please be very careful as it appears that it is far from over. I believe there is potential there for real harm to come to you two...
If things clear up we may return one day, but between the violence in the north and now this in Baja Sur I am not sure when we will go to Mexico again....it is just not the same anymore.....
Please be very careful....and thank you for all your kindness over the years..

****, ***** and *******
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-14-2009 at 03:53 PM

Creed? They have lots of people that are controlled by the the same folks that are lined up against Mark and Olivia. Beware! :o
sourdough
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2009 at 04:01 PM

BajaGringo,
After a week of avoiding this thread, I thought I'd take another quick look. You have to mention scantily-clad bikinis and now I have to go through fifteen skipped pages to see what I missed! Thanks!!
Paladin
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2009 at 04:19 PM

Oh please Master of the Sea

Do not let this thread die.
coho
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2009 at 06:13 PM

Through all of this drama, I have had a hard time believing that an endanged species violation could possibly carry a 12 year sentence. Did a google today and found that in the US the maximum penalty for this type of violation is one year incarceration and a healthy fine. Mexico, of course, is a different country and could possibly have harsher penalties. Now it is time for Mr Munoz to step up and back up his statements. Please sir, verify the penalty for this type of violation. Your credibility is at stake.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 5-14-2009 at 06:36 PM

COHO
please check http://info4.juridicas.unam.mx/ijure/fed/7/496.htm?s=
here is the article from the Federal penal code
CODIGO PENAL FEDERAL
LIBRO SEGUNDO
TÍTULO VIGESIMO QUINTO. DELITOS CONTRA EL AMBIENTE Y LA GESTIÓN AMBIENTAL.
CAPÍTULO SEGUNDO. DE LA BIODIVERSIDAD
Artículo 420

Folio: 6574
ARTICULO 420. SE IMPONDRA PENA DE UNO A NUEVE AÑOS DE PRISION Y POR EL EQUIVALENTE DE TRESCIENTOS A TRES MIL DIAS MULTA, A QUIEN ILICITAMENTE:

I. CAPTURE, DAÑE O PRIVE DE LA VIDA A ALGUN EJEMPLAR DE TORTUGA O MAMIFERO MARINO, O RECOLECTE O ALMACENE DE CUALQUIER FORMA SUS PRODUCTOS O SUBPRODUCTOS;

II. CAPTURE, TRANSFORME, ACOPIE, TRANSPORTE O DAÑE EJEMPLARES DE ESPECIES ACUATICAS DECLARADAS EN VEDA;

III. REALICE ACTIVIDADES DE CAZA, PESCA O CAPTURA CON UN MEDIO NO PERMITIDO, DE ALGUN EJEMPLAR DE UNA ESPECIE DE FAUNA SILVESTRE, O PONGA EN RIESGO LA VIABILIDAD BIOLOGICA DE UNA POBLACION O ESPECIE SILVESTRES;

IV. REALICE CUALQUIER ACTIVIDAD CON FINES DE TRAFICO, O CAPTURE, POSEA, TRANSPORTE, ACOPIE, INTRODUZCA AL PAIS O EXTRAIGA DEL MISMO, ALGUN EJEMPLAR, SUS PRODUCTOS O SUBPRODUCTOS Y DEMAS RECURSOS GENETICOS, DE UNA ESPECIE DE FLORA O FAUNA SILVESTRES, TERRESTRES O ACUATICAS EN VEDA, CONSIDERADA ENDEMICA, AMENAZADA, EN PELIGRO DE EXTINCION, SUJETA A PROTECCION ESPECIAL, O REGULADA POR ALGUN TRATADO INTERNACIONAL DEL QUE MEXICO SEA PARTE, O

V. DAÑE ALGUN EJEMPLAR DE LAS ESPECIES DE FLORA O FAUNA SILVESTRES, TERRESTRES O ACUATICAS SEÑALADAS EN LA FRACCION ANTERIOR.
SE APLICARA UNA PENA ADICIONAL HASTA DE TRES AÑOS MAS DE PRISION Y HASTA MIL DIAS MULTA ADICIONALES, CUANDO LAS CONDUCTAS DESCRITAS EN EL PRESENTE ARTICULO SE REALICEN EN O AFECTEN UN AREA NATURAL PROTEGIDA, O CUANDO SE REALICEN CON FINES COMERCIALES.

as you see the penalty is from 1 to 9 but on the last part, it add 3 more years for doing it for commetial purposes and that is 12 plus doing it in a protected area plus doing it in a Federal Zone.
Added to this there are other fines and administrative penalties for violating several of the clauses for her Concession, like renting a house (some of you have been there), building fixed constructions when she had only a permit for movable structures, selling alchool in a Federal Zone without a Federal permit.
Also the investigation has been augmented to include all the co owners.
We can expect a formal inprisionment order isued by the Federal Judge in the next few days. The bail was only for the time while the District attorney added charges and proff.
Looks like the turtles are ready to execute revenge.

[Edited on 5-15-2009 by ramuma53]
coho
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2009 at 06:56 PM

Ramuma53, Thank you for your rapid reply to this request. Your immediate response is appreciated and you had the facts at your fingertips. Gracias. Mexico has taken a solid stance in protecting endangered species....just wish they had more funds to enforce the illegal netting that is destroying the remaining fisheries.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 5-14-2009 at 08:05 PM

COHO
And less corruption too.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 09:39 AM

OLIGUACAMOLE Olivia and Nark Burbey
you are as unethical as always in publishing a private letter from somebody who certainly HAD some confidence in you, but I am now obligated to put here another letter from the same person who read his own words here i disbelief of your breach of confidence:

Sent: Fri 5/15/2009 9:01 AM
To: rafael_munoz
Subject: Re: Quick trip down

Sr.Munoz

I can understand why you may be upset or embarrassed by Marks posting of a
private letter to them. I wrote that to " tell them what they wanted to
hear" and keep them distracted. I believe in "keeping your friends close
and your enemies closer" That was only meant for them and not to be posted
publicly. I don't like to think that you would take what I wrote
personal...it was not meant for anyone else to see....I do understand why you may
feel that way but hope you understand why I said what I said. You should know
by now by now and by my actions in the past just where I stand....They
rest is B.S. for others to interpret. I do apologize for any discomfort Marks
posting may cause you...that was not my intent. I am not your enemy, If
my writing of concerns for Marks and Olivias safety causes them to give up
and leave the beach all will be well. Now I hope this does not end up on
the internet.....as it is between us, and let them think we are not allies
and see what happens next.....

Terry
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 09:56 AM

Now I hope this does not end up on
the internet.....as it is between us, and let them think we are not allies
and see what happens next.....

So you posted it anyway.......

You're a real "class act" ramu.......dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 10:46 AM

Clearing the air.....I now know that there is no expectation of privacy anywhere. Both parties involved in this battle have been kind to me and my family over all the years this has been going on. Mark and Oli have always treated us in a friendly manner. Sr. Munoz has always been friendly and up front with us. I have tried to maintain a freindly relationship with all...I see that may have failed....My fault...The issue is between those two....that's why they have a legal system...such as it is...
We don't have any legal claims to any land there. I don't want this to escalate any farther than it has. We wish this had never happened but it has and now it seems to be being debated here on a public forum, I don't think this is the place. I apologize to both sides for any offense taken, none was intended. We just wish to remain friendly with all....
This will be my first and last post on this subject.
Terry

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 5-15-2009 at 12:22 PM

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
 Pages:  1  ..  26    28    30  ..  93

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.