Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  26    28    30  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 06:39 PM

Done and done again recently. Delegado Novelo has a lot of racers staying at his hotel and I just saw him yesterday. Before I could ask him he brought up Gary and if he had been found. He said he would notify the guys to be on the lookout.

Tow companies and Federal de Caminos will be tomorrow and the tow company where I have a relative will be contacted by email tonight.

I sent the So. Cal. Patton Crew a U2U early yesterday offering my help here in Ensenada and they still have not opened it up. I told them if they were coming down for the race to get the word out I would be there for them. No contact from them in several weeks. I told them I would do everything I could here in Ensenada and meet with them for direction however they apparently have opted out of me helping them.

I just got back from a working trip in Canada and seeing relatives so I am open right now with not much to do. I will do everything here in Ensenada and of course not charge them-OF COURSE-But if they want something down south I would at the very least need to meet my expenses. What I am doing is NOT for them - It's for Gary.

[Edited on 10-24-2013 by lizard lips]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 08:14 PM

You aren't doing anything wrong, and stop being so paranoid!! I have asked why they don't want to travel to Mexico to look for Gary personally and have had no response. Finances are the only thing I can think of that is standing in their way, of course from So. Cal. it wouldn't be prohibitive to come down for a few days. You did your best, don't worry about it!!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Done and done again recently. Delegado Novelo has a lot of racers staying at his hotel and I just saw him yesterday. Before I could ask him he brought up Gary and if he had been found. He said he would notify the guys to be on the lookout.

Tow companies and Federal de Caminos will be tomorrow and the tow company where I have a relative will be contacted by email tonight.

I just got back from a working trip in Canada and seeing relatives so I am open right now with not much to do. I will do everything here in Ensenada and of course not charge them-OF COURSE-But if they want something down south I would at the very least need to meet my expenses. What I am doing is NOT for them - It's for Gary.

No surprise here really, but over and over again.... you ROCK!

Thank you.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 10:21 PM
Peenie Wallie had a clue

Peenie Wallie said Gary was headed across the Punta Prieta desert to Bahia Los Angeles. I would have thought someone might have driven a vehicle along that route to look for him because there is only one main highway down south from San Quintin, which is highway 1 and then cut over to highway 12. Peenie heard this from someone, I don't even know who he is but he seemed to have heard the route Gary was going to take. I think starting out on that highway and looking for clues on the side of the road since there is only one main road, would have been an excellent start.

http://www.peeniewallie.com/2013/09/gary-patton-mis.html
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 10:34 PM

The notion he might be headed to bola was posted here on page 2, 9/13/13. That's probably where Peenie got it from.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Peenie Wallie said Gary was headed across the Punta Prieta desert to Bahia Los Angeles. I would have thought someone might have driven a vehicle along that route to look for him because there is only one main highway down south from San Quintin, which is highway 1 and then cut over to highway 12. Peenie heard this from someone, I don't even know who he is but he seemed to have heard the route Gary was going to take. I think starting out on that highway and looking for clues on the side of the road since there is only one main road, would have been an excellent start.

http://www.peeniewallie.com/2013/09/gary-patton-mis.html

See the post in this thread on 9-28-13 by 24baja

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 11:05 PM

Peenie Wallie is separately in direct contact with the Patton family.

fyi

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2013 at 08:16 AM

Anyone who has done anything (put up posters, talked to people, checked roads and campsites) please u2u me with that info so we can keep a log and a map of who, what, where and when.

Just want an accounting for right now so we know what has been done.

Thanks
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-25-2013 at 09:12 AM

At first I thought Peenie might be a Baja person but it showed on the website that he had a picture of Jennifer (I assume the Jennifer Patton mentioned in this thread) with a new Jeep in Colorado. Peenie might be her significant other. It states that Peenie and Jennifer bought the new Jeep October 8th, 2013.

http://www.peeniewallie.com/2013/10/jen-jeep-pictur.html

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Peenie Wallie is separately in direct contact with the Patton family.

fyi

[Edited on 10-25-2013 by EnsenadaDr]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2013 at 09:29 AM

I am K - Kim, and Elliott is my son, and we are Gary's immediate family -- SoCalPattons represent Gary's sister, brothers, nephews, cousins. May I just emplore your site folks, that all of Gary's family are trying desperately to reach Gary, to know he is okay, and doing so without a guide book. Learning we have no rights by law as to his whereabouts by the US government, no help from our cell phone provider (a dead end, please leave it, it's been exhausted), then limited in any hopes of reaching him otherwise, has been devastating for us WE've reached out to all our family, friends, and folks that know Gary referring them to your bajanomad site..so PLEASE consider your comments about our family when posting because we're trying not to drive folks away, but encourage input. There are many more viewers than contributors, and can we request some tolerance and empathy toward the family, since maybe, we're not following the textbook model of how a "missing person's family" is supposed to react, perform, and respond in this situation, nor on your forum here, but we're doing what we can with what we have and lack. Focusing on finding Gary is what we're hoping, praying for, with all your help and advice here.
We're doing our best, managing at our worst --
We're working on newspaper ads during the Baja 1000, and we've got a posting on Score 1000 now. We're also working to enlist desert angels, border angels, and green angels, -- nothing hurts to try. More of you that pass on the flyer, the urgency we're faced with, ANYTHING, word of mouth is our best, maybe our only weapon Please avoid judgements bout us and worst case scenarios, just help find Gary.

P.S.- If you know anyone in the La Chorera beach area, please forward them the flyer because that area, and again near Bahia de Los Angeles are perhaps the only places Gary may have been seen last ---and perhaps stranded; both these areas are legitimate places Gary could've gone.

Bless all of you for your kindest regards in our mission to find Gary,
Kimberly & Elliott Patton

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2013 at 09:50 AM

I just printed some flyers, and will be down there for a few days during the Baja 1000, quite possibly on some back roads. I will keep an eye out.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2013 at 10:49 AM

The family posts thru me cause I offered to post here. I an no expert, but if my posting makes life easier...... I am more than willing to help out! All I keep thinking is that if this were my loved one, I would be asking everyone to help out in any way they could.

All of our eyes and ears will find Senor Gary.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2013 at 12:46 PM

Our sincere thanks to the many posts that continue to keep Gary in their vision, we can't thank you enough. Our family is very grateful for your help.
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 10-25-2013 at 01:22 PM

We've got flyers printed out too and will distribute them on our way down to Bahia Asuncion and will keep an eye out too!

If there's any other help I can lend on our trip down, let me know!

Blanca, thanks for all you are doing in helping to get info passed along!

Stay strong Patton family!

TimeTraveler

[*] posted on 10-25-2013 at 11:35 PM

OK, we have been down the pacific side and distributing flyers. Have yet to see any others posted. I think that this is very strange? We have talked to checkpoint staff and taco stands, general stores and every Pemex we see... One of my other chase crews a day behind us who noticed that even in areas that I personally posted flyers were removed the day after being posted. HUGE RED FLAG. The vibe I am getting is that someone may be tampering with our efforts? Does this sound feasible to anyone with more understanding then myself?

Questions:
1. Has anyone checked with Cocos corner? I am trying to think of a destination that he may have heard about and is enjoying himself so much that he has yet to leave. Cocos came to mind. Even Mikes Sky Ranch?

2. I don't want to beat this into the ground anymore... But this alleged source in Rosarito that spotted him and talked to him. Was there any type of information supplied by her that would only be known if she had really met MR. Patton? From everything described on BN "being very talkative" was very well established personality trait of his. If (and I am not accusing) someone were to (a). trying to redirect the search area. (B). have another agenda, this would be an easy method to convince it was a real encounter... It was a very clear trait of his. SO bottom line - was there anything that he mentioned that has not been posted that would indicate she really had a conversation with him... 45 minutes I am sure that he would have mentioned something personal that would not have been mentioned in the online posts...I am asking because I will have time to kill on my return and am willing to canvas areas more northern (Ensenada, local playas, Puerto Nuevo, Rosarito and even TJ).

Over the next couple days I will be heading north into Puertecitos and towards San Felipe. I will cover these areas as well. We have been locating wrecking yards and posting flyers at these locations. I will also be rolling through any remote camping areas that we encounter. Pete's camp ECT.

If anyone has detailed information of what has been searched I would appreciate a heads up so I can save time. I have not been able to stop at all if the blind corners on the Mex 1 like I wish I could. We are in a group and my teammates are focused on the race and getting tired of my sleuthing. I am doing what I can though. I honestly believe (as has been mentioned by many others) that this may be one of the most important avenues so thoroughly assess. If any family has time to go down for a few days roll slow and check ALL THE TURNS!!

3. Not to pry as this information is personal but as a medical professional I am curious. Is he concerned with taking his meds? (If he ran out would he seek more?) Does anyone know what type of supply he might have taken with him? I ask this because I was considering trying to cover the pharmacias and asking if anyone has purchased these types of meds and showing them pictures. Additionally checking with some clinics if this medication is not available without a doctors note. Some meds are fairly controlled and cardiac meds tend to be one of them (Yes even in Baja...I know vicodin is OTC but some heart meds are very specific. The further south you go the more legit the pharmacies seem to be). Additionally I would contact his physician and see if there has been any inquiry into his medical history recently. Since cardiac meds are sold under different names he may have contacted the physician to figure out what brand he needs...

I did take the painstaking hours to read everything that has been done, so as not to offer ideas that have been suggested.

I actually think that I may personally know this family so I am trying to do everything possible.

We have a small fixed wing aircraft heading to Lapaz Sunday. I am a USAR task force member and have a friend who is USCG. We will be spotters and try to follow the coast as low and slow as we can. The pilot will not alter course significantly but it is still worth a try...

Other then that has anyone checked Erindera beach areas>? I love this area and if I was going to relax and camp this would be my choice?

SORRY for the novel but I figured I would puke all over you guys and gauge the responses.

BajaBlanca, your dedication to this has been thorough and amazing. You are a solid person!! Kudos to you for sticking by this. You are Baja Family. I have been a lurker here for quite a while but have not had a lot to contribute, so this is my 1st post. My internet will be spotty over the next few days, but I will check for replies.

Cheers to all,
TT out

"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense." - Frank Lloyd Wright
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-26-2013 at 12:18 AM

Vicodin is not "over the counter". It is a controlled substance unless you are paying a pharmacy a 'mordida" and getting them illegally. He would be concerned about taking his meds if he was well enough to get around, but no one has seen or heard from him for a long time. If he is taking cardiac meds, he probably has been established on them for a while, so I don't think he would have contacted his physician as to what he needs. As far as the Rosarito sighting, forget it. The woman was contacted and she never responded. I wouldn't waste my time there.
Quote:
Originally posted by TimeTraveler
OK, we have been down the pacific side and distributing flyers. Have yet to see any others posted. I think that this is very strange? We have talked to checkpoint staff and taco stands, general stores and every Pemex we see... One of my other chase crews a day behind us who noticed that even in areas that I personally posted flyers were removed the day after being posted. HUGE RED FLAG. The vibe I am getting is that someone may be tampering with our efforts? Does this sound feasible to anyone with more understanding then myself?

Questions:
1. Has anyone checked with Cocos corner? I am trying to think of a destination that he may have heard about and is enjoying himself so much that he has yet to leave. Cocos came to mind. Even Mikes Sky Ranch?

2. I don't want to beat this into the ground anymore... But this alleged source in Rosarito that spotted him and talked to him. Was there any type of information supplied by her that would only be known if she had really met MR. Patton? From everything described on BN "being very talkative" was very well established personality trait of his. If (and I am not accusing) someone were to (a). trying to redirect the search area. (B). have another agenda, this would be an easy method to convince it was a real encounter... It was a very clear trait of his. SO bottom line - was there anything that he mentioned that has not been posted that would indicate she really had a conversation with him... 45 minutes I am sure that he would have mentioned something personal that would not have been mentioned in the online posts...I am asking because I will have time to kill on my return and am willing to canvas areas more northern (Ensenada, local playas, Puerto Nuevo, Rosarito and even TJ).

Over the next couple days I will be heading north into Puertecitos and towards San Felipe. I will cover these areas as well. We have been locating wrecking yards and posting flyers at these locations. I will also be rolling through any remote camping areas that we encounter. Pete's camp ECT.

If anyone has detailed information of what has been searched I would appreciate a heads up so I can save time. I have not been able to stop at all if the blind corners on the Mex 1 like I wish I could. We are in a group and my teammates are focused on the race and getting tired of my sleuthing. I am doing what I can though. I honestly believe (as has been mentioned by many others) that this may be one of the most important avenues so thoroughly assess. If any family has time to go down for a few days roll slow and check ALL THE TURNS!!

3. Not to pry as this information is personal but as a medical professional I am curious. Is he concerned with taking his meds? (If he ran out would he seek more?) Does anyone know what type of supply he might have taken with him? I ask this because I was considering trying to cover the pharmacias and asking if anyone has purchased these types of meds and showing them pictures. Additionally checking with some clinics if this medication is not available without a doctors note. Some meds are fairly controlled and cardiac meds tend to be one of them (Yes even in Baja...I know vicodin is OTC but some heart meds are very specific. The further south you go the more legit the pharmacies seem to be). Additionally I would contact his physician and see if there has been any inquiry into his medical history recently. Since cardiac meds are sold under different names he may have contacted the physician to figure out what brand he needs...

I did take the painstaking hours to read everything that has been done, so as not to offer ideas that have been suggested.

I actually think that I may personally know this family so I am trying to do everything possible.

We have a small fixed wing aircraft heading to Lapaz Sunday. I am a USAR task force member and have a friend who is USCG. We will be spotters and try to follow the coast as low and slow as we can. The pilot will not alter course significantly but it is still worth a try...

Other then that has anyone checked Erindera beach areas>? I love this area and if I was going to relax and camp this would be my choice?

SORRY for the novel but I figured I would puke all over you guys and gauge the responses.

BajaBlanca, your dedication to this has been thorough and amazing. You are a solid person!! Kudos to you for sticking by this. You are Baja Family. I have been a lurker here for quite a while but have not had a lot to contribute, so this is my 1st post. My internet will be spotty over the next few days, but I will check for replies.

Cheers to all,
TT out
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-26-2013 at 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
As far as the Rosarito sighting, forget it. The woman was contacted and she never responded.

Never responded to whom? As noted in this thread, she's been in communication with Gary's family:

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew

Our sister-in-law Kim, has phoned Gretchen from the tallartist post on the sighting of Gary. We are so appreciative of her input and have passed this latest news to our family members.

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca (for Kim)

I spoke to tallartist in Rosarito near Obrera...

I know you care, and want to help. Thank you. Be careful on what's communicated/stated/etc. - as it can affect credibility. Thank you again so very much for your care and concern for Gary's situation.

:)

[Edited on 10-26-2013 by BajaNomad]

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-26-2013 at 02:08 AM

TimeTraveler

[*] posted on 10-26-2013 at 02:36 AM

I was not implying Vicodin was legitimately available OTC... But it is one of the meds that the pharmacies will easily sell without question. I was trying to alleviate the reply that "prescriptions are not needed in Baja" I know that you are totally correct in your statement though. As for contacting the physician since the meds are sold under different brand/generic names he may possibly try to confirm an equivalent medication to purchase. I agree, long shot, not likely but if he is "vacationing" it may be possible. Probably a waste of time but it was just a thought.

Back to the topic:
I "think" read in one post from the Patton group that they believe that it was a legit sighting based on a conversation she had with the family. (if I remember that statement correctly??)
I personally agree with your feeling that this was a... "mistake" by someone attempting good Samaritan and thank you for saving me this time and expense.

I will try to make a post on Race-desert.com and maybe desertrangers.com tomorrow.

HAS THIS BEEN DONE?

Is there any BN members with some clout on Race-desert that could do this? I am more of an observer there and someone respected would get a more benevolent response. If not I will do it... This will notify all of the race crews that are prerunning and racing. I will also try to get Mikes sky rancho to post the flyer on their FB as well.

I have very high hopes that with all of the astute racers and the remote areas that will be canvassed we can produce some viable information. The racing community is close knit and some will be willing to assist. Maybe with a little luck we can get some of the big boys to look around from their helicopters while traveling on their already planned routes. Some of these camera guys that film from the air have mil background and astute eyes. This whole area will be covered and in many cases, the salvage yards are scoured for race car/chase truck parts. This could be very beneficial.

I am praying for rescue VS recovery but in either situation closure. From the sound of it, he had a fairly significant amount of $$ with him and MAY have planned to live the Baja Life for a while.
I had a close friend who just wanted to drop off the grid (due to stress and personal factors) He took an extended vacation in Mexico to clear his head. Popped back up on his own timeline safe and sound. (with a much better outlook on life). This would be a best case scenario.

Thank you for the follow up.

"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense." - Frank Lloyd Wright
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-26-2013 at 07:04 AM

time traveler....wow, thank you so much for your interest and input and boots on the ground approach...and the air search is a great idea. I think the best chance for finding Gary will be with the race people and resources. I hope someone DOES post this on their forum as there will be thousands of extra eyes in baja for the race and making Gary's search part of it is a great idea.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
 Pages:  1  ..  26    28    30  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.