BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  27    29    31  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico
I'll be darned, after further googling it appears that senator Sylvia did write the above words.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/the-cholla-jumps/2010/05/01/state-s...

Hmmmmm
I want to know where I can get one of those Koran bibles.

Don't you mean Quran?:rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 09:54 AM

Just got this email:
--------------------

One of Maxine's best!!!

Minorities
We need to show more sympathy for these people.
* They travel miles in the heat.
* They risk their lives crossing a border.
* They don't get paid enough wages.
* They do jobs that others won't do or are afraid to do.
* They live in crowded conditions among a people who speak a different language.
* They rarely see their families, and they face adversity all day ~ every day..

I'm not talking about illegal Mexicans ~ I'm talking about our troops! Doesn't it seem strange that many Democrats and Republicans are willing to lavish all kinds of social benefits on illegals, but don't support our troops?
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
they pay sales taxes, a regressive tax that hits low income people relatively heavily, so often paying up to 9% of their salary in taxes.

they are a part of the economy, they are consumers, they get paid and they spend money, all contributions to economy.

some use false SS #s and employers pay payroll taxes on thes people.

also, wealthier people get advantage of off-the-books labor, so why is it bad if those wealthy people pay additional taxes due to their taking advantage of off-the-books labor?

I have the same questions too, but I could see that I wasn't going to get any meaningful or perceptive answers from my neighbors.
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
I'll bet the Goat will somehow spin that the VAT (value added tax) that Obama is sure to push for is not regressive though.

A VAT is definitely regressive, that's why the wealthy in Mexico love it so much.

I'm sure that any proposal for a VAT in the US will be "tinkered to death" by all political philosophies and socio-economic groups so that their ox is not gored.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 10:28 AM
Those Illegal CONSUMERS

Obviously, as a group, the Illegal Immigrant population does NOT occupy the same status as consumer in our economy. THAT is evident from the Billions in remittance money sent TO Mexico and WHY they have 20 or more living in one-bedroom houses in many areas.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Obviously, as a group, the Illegal Immigrant population does NOT occupy the same status as consumer in our economy. THAT is evident from the Billions in remittance money sent TO Mexico and WHY they have 20 or more living in one-bedroom houses in many areas.

if they send 30% of income to mexico and you say it is "billions" remitted, then they must spend a bunch more billions lubricating our economy :bounce::bounce:
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 12:14 PM
Lubricating or just getting Greased ?

Without following the Goat Turds down into the Rat Hole of Statistics which leads in circles and can prove anything we want it to, I would note that it would be unusual for anyone working at those jobs supposedly occupied by the Illegals to have 30 percent disposable income.

IF, according to the Liberals, those (who are legal) are barely scraping by and could not exist without government subsidy, how is it possible that the Illegals are such a net economic boon ?

Of course, when you're living 20 to a room and stealing whatever you can in the neighborhood, your expenses are lower.
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Without following the Goat Turds down into the Rat Hole of Statistics which leads in circles and can prove anything we want it to, I would note that it would be unusual for anyone working at those jobs supposedly occupied by the Illegals to have 30 percent disposable income.

IF, according to the Liberals, those (who are legal) are barely scraping by and could not exist without government subsidy, how is it possible that the Illegals are such a net economic boon ?

Of course, when you're living 20 to a room and stealing whatever you can in the neighborhood, your expenses are lower.

The most illegals I ever saw in one place was 8 guys sharing a two bedroom apt. and that was in the 80s. Not that "20 per room" doesn't happen but that's a misperception as to be commonplace. They do (or did) live in dirt caves by the strawberry fields in Carlsbad however.
The illegals I've worked in the same company with or lived near have usually been huge consumers of US goods and the biggest complaint they have in their lives is that they don't send enough money home to Mexico. I have not known any of them to steal anything. They would probably return home after working for 6 months or a year if it didn't cost so much to come back...they don't necessarily want to be here full time.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron

The most illegals I ever saw in one place was 8 guys sharing a two bedroom apt. and that was in the 80s. Not that "20 per room" doesn't happen but that's a misperception as to be commonplace. They do (or did) live in dirt caves by the strawberry fields in Carlsbad however.
The illegals I've worked in the same company with or lived near have usually been huge consumers of US goods and the biggest complaint they have in their lives is that they don't send enough money home to Mexico. I have not known any of them to steal anything. They would probably return home after working for 6 months or a year if it didn't cost so much to come back...they don't necessarily want to be here full time.

That's a fair comment, Mexitron, and certainly true of most, but not all, illegals. The stats coming out of the prisons reveal a sobering situation vis-a-vis "illegals", and that is also a "fact".

Like "most" illegals are perhaps not a drag on the USA Society, most of those supporting the Arizona law are NOT bigots, or racists, despite what some say.

Lets see how this all plays out.

Barry
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 01:29 PM
Mexitron BS

I can take you on a tour of Desert Hot Springs Neighborhoods that are EXACTLY as described.

In FACT, I can give you the address of one where there were (18) Known living in a one-bedroom. WERE because they brought in a junk 19-foot RV trailer to house the overflow and their makeshift electrical wiring resulted in BOTH burning to the ground. At which point, the occupants vanished into the vapor, but the houses on either side and, for that matter, blocks around are filled to capacity and the yards are filled to capacity with trash.

One of the (many) negative consequences to the current problem is that these neighborhoods end up being nothing but houses with absentee owners going through rental management agencies who (knowingly ?) are renting to this group and maximizing profits resulting in rental prices that are outrageous for the quality of the housing IF you aren't overfilling them and thus driving up prices in adjacent neighborhoods.

BUT, keep spreading your BS. Those living near the problem know you're full of it.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 04:53 PM

Quote:
I can take you on a tour of Desert Hot Springs Neighborhoods that are EXACTLY as described.

In FACT, I can give you the address of one where there were (18) Known living in a one-bedroom. WERE because they brought in a junk 19-foot RV trailer to house the overflow and their makeshift electrical wiring resulted in BOTH burning to the ground. At which point, the occupants vanished into the vapor, but the houses on either side and, for that matter, blocks around are filled to capacity and the yards are filled to capacity with trash.

One of the (many) negative consequences to the current problem is that these neighborhoods end up being nothing but houses with absentee owners going through rental management agencies who (knowingly ?) are renting to this group and maximizing profits resulting in rental prices that are outrageous for the quality of the housing IF you aren't overfilling them and thus driving up prices in adjacent neighborhoods.

BUT, keep spreading your BS. Those living near the problem know you're full of it.

mr bile:
sounds like you should buy a rental for the retirement income.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 05:43 PM

This thread has sunk to OT levels. :fire:
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 07:35 PM

Quote:

That's ONE town and one example of a house---show me that this represents all the 20 million (or whatever the number is) illegals, which is the idea you are trying to propagate. As far as the rental problem---this is a capitalistic society, so what's the beef?
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 08:15 PM
Show ME Scheisse

For that matter, Show ME verifiable example that things are different. I can take you on tour of virtually any town, including L.A., San Diego and the like and there are plenty of examples to be found.

Then, of course, there's the FACT that roughly 20 percent of the Prison population is Illegal Immigrants.

Good, Hard-Working Folks.

Hope you meet some someday. In the Dark.
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 08:54 PM

Oy Please shut this thread down. It's not what Love, Peace and Fish taco's are all about!

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
Dave
Elite Nomad

biggrin.gif posted on 5-6-2010 at 07:40 AM
Profiling CAN be a good thing

Yesterday, got stopped speeding through Tuscon. I was a bit nervous as I didn't have my 'papers'.

First thing the racist, Latino cop asked for was my license...Go figure. :rolleyes:

You can imagine his surprise when I pulled out my Mexican driver's license. Then we both had a laugh about it. Probably saved me from getting a ticket.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 08:11 AM

Oxxo's converstion with his neighbour was interesting...I bet this is VERY common. As many have mentioned, if there werent jobs available for illegals, perhaps the flow would lessen. If the government takes a hard line on the illegals...why not take a hard line against their employers.

What about mandatory jail terms for ANYONE employing an illegal immigrant...then what would the prison population stats reveal? How many of your neighbours and friends would be in the slammer. I bet there would be a fast bill introduced to legalize those workers.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Oxxo's converstion with his neighbour was interesting...I bet this is VERY common. As many have mentioned, if there werent jobs available for illegals, perhaps the flow would lessen. If the government takes a hard line on the illegals...why not take a hard line against their employers.

What about mandatory jail terms for ANYONE employing an illegal immigrant...then what would the prison population stats reveal? How many of your neighbours and friends would be in the slammer. I bet there would be a fast bill introduced to legalize those workers.

Yes, well said.

It is a very mixed message that is sent ---- don't cross the border, but do come and work for us.

And no matter how it is rationalized, supporting the Arizonia bill is a bigoted position.

Back to just reading again.

[Edited on 5-6-2010 by DianaT]

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.

Like "most" illegals are perhaps not a drag on the USA Society, most of those supporting the Arizona law are NOT bigots, or racists, despite what some say.

Lets see how this all plays out.

Barry

I believe the wrong word is in quotations in the above post. The point of this law is to identify those who are breaking the law with the key word being "illegal". Az's new law does nothing to change the immigration policies of this country and makes no comment regarding the validity of those laws already in place. It merely requires the enforcement of those laws.

Everyone of us already have our identification cards ie; driver license checked for warrants with every contact with law enforcement. Is checking our immigration status at the same time really any different? We are a country of laws but they are of no value if we choose to blatantly not enforce them.

In Memory of E-57
Dave
Elite Nomad

wink.gif posted on 5-6-2010 at 08:46 AM
People in glass houses...

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike

Charlie Daniels weighs in

I don't need sensitivity lessons, in fact I don't have any-thing against Mexicans! I just have something against criminals...

The Charlie Daniels I once knew broke this country's laws with regularity. In fact, some of the multiple, illegal products he used probably came from Mexico.

Of course, now he's probably totally reformed... Probably doesn't even jaywalk. Which gives him the credibility to criticize others for their lawless behavior. :rolleyes:

Pages:  1  ..  27    29    31  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.