Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  27    29    31  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

exclamation.gif posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:28 AM

Hopefully this will be short.

The family is aware of many of the things that have been brought forward in this thread. They've looked into much of it. It is their determination (and like it or not, it's only THEIR determination to make) that Ron is getting better where he is at - and he's not going to be transferred anywhere right now. Sounds like Cristina will be well enough to start being the person making determinations for Ron in the next few days.

Unless you convince THE FAMILY that something's amiss, he's going to be treated where he's at. Right now, they are comfortable and satisfied with the treatment being received.

BTW... Ron's in surgery right now for his broken jaw - at least, that's my understanding.

Ron will have no USA coverage, including the VA/etc.

Now what?

What the family could certainly use - for those that would (still) want to - is help with medical expenses at the current private hospital that is treating Ron. If there are people that wish to assist with this, the challenge is how to get funds quickly to someone on the ground there - and to whom?

Whomever it is will need to keep good records/receipts, because there will be an expectation of transparency for how those funds are spent. The responsibility does not come lightly.

I'd say it's time to stop battling the family decisions (or else find a diplomatic solution to change these decisions if you don't like or agree with them), or otherwise decide you're going to support the decisions they're making for him at this time.

Any further tug-of-war in here now is just an exercise in futility IMHO.

If you want to help Ron and Cristina, your efforts and comments from here-on should continue to be solutions-focused.

Who's going to do what?

Regards,
-
Doug Means

[Edited on 9-13-2011 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:43 AM

This thread is going at machine gun speed and I haven't had a chance to read back and catch up, but I will. So if I cover something that was said earlier, excuse me.

Lizard Lips/Dan and I went to see Ron this AM. We saw Ron, but he didn't see us. He is tubed and wired to the max as well as out of it.
He looks like someone who went through the windshield of a car on collision. He's a mess and won't be going anywhere any time soon.

As to the MRI issue....Del Carmen doesn't have one and it's impossible to believe he has been transported to any place that does. It just didn't happen and I would bet there isn't a receipt that says it did....regardless of what anyone has been told.

He's in an ICU with a nurse at his side, but no doctor at the early hour, 8:30, we were there. It's a waste of time to ask a nurse for a prognosis. They'll refer you to the doctor. Fair enough.

We were told nothing about the pending surgery.
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:45 AM

Angels4, check U2U.

sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
This thread is going at machine gun speed and I haven't had a chance to read back and catch up, but I will. So if I cover something that was said earlier, excuse me.

Lizard Lips/Dan and I went to see Ron this AM. We saw Ron, but he didn't see us. He is tubed and wired to the max as well as out of it.
He looks like someone who went through the windshield of a car on collision. He's a mess and won't be going anywhere any time soon.

As to the MRI issue....Del Carmen doesn't have one and it's impossible to believe he has been transported to any place that does. It just didn't happen and I would bet there isn't a receipt that says it did....regardless of what anyone has been told.

He's in an ICU with a nurse at his side, but no doctor at the early hour, 8:30, we were there. It's a waste of time to ask a nurse for a prognosis. They'll refer you to the doctor. Fair enough.

We were told nothing about the pending surgery.

Thanks for the update, Dennis. Finally, a report that is fair and balanced.

Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:48 AM

Dennis and Doug - thank you for the updates. Does anyone know how Cristina is doing? Anybody with her, going to see her?

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oladulce
...we will gladly pitch in to pay for a round-the-clock private duty nurse or someone to sit at Ron's bedside so he is not left alone, if someone is able to coordinate that.

:light:

Bueller?

Bueller?

Anyone?

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Katiejay99
Dennis and Doug - thank you for the updates. Does anyone know how Cristina is doing? Anybody with her, going to see her?

Gawd...I was just thinking about that. I feel she's been neglected.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Katiejay99

My understanding is that Cristina is going to be (relatively?) fine.

redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:52 AM

Who locally will set up a PayPal account?
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by redmesa
Who locally will set up a PayPal account?

One of the potential problems of a PayPal account that needs to be taken into consideration is the delay involved in getting funds into someone's hands promptly.

Just a consideration is all.

:biggrin:

redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:57 AM

I was thinking that someone could have the PayPal account and use that as a collateral for loaning money out. Hmmm...I would do it if I live in Ensenada area.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:57 AM

The people on the ground really right now are Sirena and FDT. If there's nobody else to consider, these two will need to juggle between their family responsibilities.

I would guess FDT would take on the responsibilities noted, and - just a guess - that Sirena would be happy to have him do so.

Just me "thinking out loud".

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:59 AM

Ok I will stop!

Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 12:02 PM

If Cristina is awake and functioning couldn't funds be deposited directly into their bank account which she could have access to?

Perhaps someone could drop in and ask her about this.

[Edited on 9-13-2011 by Katiejay99]

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 12:07 PM

If someone already has a Paypal act With a PayPal atm, money can be withdrawn instantly if it was sent from another Paypal act, but there are daily limits on the atm, Paypal can up the limits, but one needs to call them, fairly easy to do.
Others who pay into a paypal act using a CC will also clear instantly.
If you are going to make a deposit into a Paypal act from your bank, then it takes 3-5 days to clear.
Ideally, there is someone close by that already has a paypal acct who could handle the "fund" act.
I pledge $100 to be used however the family wishes.

angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 12:15 PM

Doug we are going to the hospital tomorrow and will make a cash payment to Ron's hospital. If it works for us tomorrow then those who are interested and can make it to the hospital should do the same. Just obtain a receipt and hopefully one that has a running total. Cristina just wants to get better ASAP to be with Ron and we know that will help him in his recovery. Thank you all for the outpour of support and prayers. They are working.
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 12:33 PM

I've been trying to find some words to say about Ron but like many I too am in a state of shock. Being a former United States Marine, not many things can cause my tears to flow. Even now I am finding it difficult to focus on my screen. Please excuse my lack of eloquence.

I first knew of Ron maybe about two years ago. After joining his web-site I decided to pay him a visit on my next trip to San Quintin. It was exactly 8:02 pm when I first met the man. I remember the time because as he was yelling at me I remember looking down at my watch to check the time. Anyway, I always stay at Don Alvaro's house which is about a 2-minute dirt-road drive to Ron's house. I asked Don Alvaro to show me where Ron lives and he agreed to take me. I pulled in to Ron's property and pulled up to his house but I noticed that there were no lights on. I figured his windows were tinted thus giving the appearance of "lights-out". I started honking and yelling "Ron!!, Bajagringo!!". I figured he'd be happy to see someone from the states so I continued my honking while holding a six-pack of ice-cold tecate out the window. A few minutes later he comes tearing out his front door yelling "who the hell are you?!" and I replied "hey it's me, Bahiafalsa from your web-site". He replied "I don't give a sh*t, get out of here, I have to be on the road at 3:00 am". So with beers in hand I went back to Don Alvaro's house and enjoyed the rest of my stay.

I chatted with Ron a few days later and he apologized as did I. I know many people who know Ron and it is difficult to find someone that has anything bad to say about him. I have so much respect for this man. He has helped many people in his community. I recall a story he told a while back where he and Cristina were headed back home after a very late evening in town. From town to Ron's place it is about 9 miles of nothin' much, just dirt road. He got a flat and had problems with the spare, I believe. He got on his cell phone and within 20 minutes had 3 different pick-ups with his friends at his location all ready to render assistance.

Ron didn't just settle in San Quintin, he made it his home. He found the perfect spot with a magnificent view of the Pacific Ocean with San Martin Island as a backdrop. Ron became one with San Quintin and it's people. He didn't build humongous walls around his place to isolate himself. Just a modest little wall around his property probably to keep his dogs in. If I had to describe Ron in one word I would say he is
"Mr. San Quintin".

Just wanted to post a few words about Ron. God bless him and Cris.

angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 12:46 PM

My memory of Ron is playing fetch with his Doberman and he said, "Becareful this girl will make you do that all day long if you let her". I said well I don't mind. We were on the roof of his house and he kept admiring his view and said, "This is my paradise". Soon I realized how right he was about the Dobie fetching all day long. He grabbed the stick put it in his pocket and said "She is going to go nuts right now trying to find it". I laughed histeracally as his dog was going nuts trying to find the stick. I told him "come on Ron! Stop torturing her" then he threw the stick as far as he could over the new construction and said, "You see what I mean? Esta perra no se cansa, esta loca!" He showed us the solar panels that he put all by himself, the upcoming outdoor kitchen and bar, the wind panel and how he was able to get internet acces in such a remote location. I just knew that this was his and Cristinas paradise. He gave me hope to one day build a house next to him. I started thinking about how awesome it would be to be his neighbor. We bought the property many years ago and then when he built next to us we were just delighted! Now... I am not so sure that I can ever go back... I suppose only time will tell... But one thing I do know... That everyone in that town loves Ron and my brother in law. We went to the beach and my cousin's truck got stuck on the sand. Immediately a fisherman came to the rescue and pulled him out... There are so many beautiful stories about this place that it would take many post and days to cover them all. We are doing something very powerful here... PRAYER, please keep them going, they are working.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 12:57 PM

I just talked to sirena and she says visiting hours start at 5:00 at the hospital where Cristina is at and she would go if someone could go with her because they wont let you in with a baby...she is going to call to see if cristina can have visitors yet...so anyone who may be able to either go with sirena can call her...it sure would be nice if someone could take the time to check on cristina and report back.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
The people on the ground really right now are Sirena and FDT. If there's nobody else to consider, these two will need to juggle between their family responsibilities.

I would guess FDT would take on the responsibilities noted, and - just a guess - that Sirena would be happy to have him do so.

Just me "thinking out loud".

Given that Ferna is in TJ, how do you expect that to work. Lizard Lips has been there three times so far, but I guess there's a reason he's not on your list as someone to ask. Seems one of the more dependable people to me. As someone else said, I would sure want him on my side. Just askin'?
 Pages:  1  ..  27    29    31  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.