Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Forum societal and cultural ramifications
movinguy
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
if the "jaded windbags" who live in Baja, see what's going on here, and aren't afraid to talk about it all switched to showing family vacation photos and stories on the last bola get together they all went to as a "group"?
Sounds like a real Nomadian type curriculum to me! Can't we all just think the same about everything?:barf:
Thus the pink houses springing up everywhere eh?
I think I'll get a Tacoma soon ************************ :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 6-27-2005 by BajaNomad]

Interesting, JR, that when I used the term "jaded windbag" you automatically assumed I was referring to you. Hmmmmm . . .

Let's try this again with some help from Webster's:

"Nomad" - a person who roams about ; a wanderer

This should be differentiated from:

"Realtor" - a gringo who sells homes in Baja to other gringos

Not everyone is out to get you, JR. Geez, you're worse than my rat terrier. :mad:
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 11:46 AM

What the heck is a rat terrier? Can't look any worse than that puppy I posted about earlier!

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
movinguy
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cincodemayo
What the heck is a rat terrier? Can't look any worse than that puppy I posted about earlier!

http://www.petfriends.com.br/enciclopedia/ra%C3%A7as_c%C3%A3...

Mine's favorite hobby is growling . . .:cool:
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 11:55 AM

Well, Here I go. I?ve been hanging on this one because I have been a very strong supporter of new blood coming on board to increase the knowledge we all?or most all want to share in a somewhat positive way. Anyone who has been here for long enough to have to shave know that this is true.

Now, I guess, because I?m an old windbag, I really take exception to a few newby?s trying to decide what us oldsters are allowed to post here. Granted no one seems to pay strict attention to what should be posted and how impolite people can be when they jump on a topic and move it to a subject that they might have an interest.

I guess I will fall back upon that which older people on this board told me when I was a newby---if you don?t like the subject just don?t go there and if you go don?t feel that your elders need to be given the benefit of your superior knowledge.

I probably totally missed to skiff as it left the dock, but I thought Shark was trying to draw some of us out and hopefully, didn?t seem to work, improve communication on the forum and cause it to be a tad more friendly.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
movinguy
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Well, Here I go. I?ve been hanging on this one because I have been a very strong supporter of new blood coming on board to increase the knowledge we all?or most all want to share in a somewhat positive way. Anyone who has been here for long enough to have to shave know that this is true.

Now, I guess, because I?m an old windbag, I really take exception to a few newby?s trying to decide what us oldsters are allowed to post here. Granted no one seems to pay strict attention to what should be posted and how impolite people can be when they jump on a topic and move it to a subject that they might have an interest.

I guess I will fall back upon that which older people on this board told me when I was a newby---if you don?t like the subject just don?t go there and if you go don?t feel that your elders need to be given the benefit of your superior knowledge.

I probably totally missed to skiff as it left the dock, but I thought Shark was trying to draw some of us out and hopefully, didn?t seem to work, improve communication on the forum and cause it to be a tad more friendly.

You did miss the skiff but no offense intended BB - my only point is that according to the home page this is a web site first and foremost for travelers. 'Nuff said. :bounce:
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 12:08 PM

Movinguy...
Thanks for the info.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 12:24 PM

Okay,
I understand that but you guys would sure be misssing a lot of real good information if only travelers posted here. I guess I'm safe because I saw the handwriting on the wall and sold my place almost 2 years ago (still miss the heck out of it) so I now qualify as a Nomad

Think I will start a thread on how many Nomads will have to drop off because of that definition.

It should be interesting to see how many of our friends will suddenly become unwelcome at a home they have contributed to for so long.

Heck! I guess that is okay 'cause I didn't like a couple of them anyway.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 12:38 PM
whats it worth?

From one "bag-o-wind":

It is so amazing how people will chime in in order to flatten out the thread. Why? Beats the bajeezes out of me. I suppose that IS the way they communicate. Sort of like cutting someone off on the I-5 at rush hour just to slow down in front of them. So while we cruise along the thread at 70mph some idiot cuts us off doing 70kph:lol: Probably on their way to BOLA in their new Tacoma:lol::lol:

I gotta hand it to ya JR, you have sucessfully isolated the disease. I'll I can say is....more chemo!

Sides, who's taking sides? You people decide who's on who's side.

Right on Bernie
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 01:02 PM

I have no interest in taking side on this nutty stuff.

I just wandered through the members list and if we delete all of those imposters (not fitting the definition of Nomad) then we will have succeeded in making this Forum very similar to that stretch of land in the middle of Baja--a desert--In looking at the names of those who would be forced to leave the Board it would become sterile place indeed.

But, like I said, I don't like a couple of those old, long winded, coots anyway.

Kinda sad about the one guy who just became a nomad and then he moved down there--kinda liked the guy too.

movinguy
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 01:07 PM

Quote:
Okay,
I understand that but you guys would sure be misssing a lot of real good information if only travelers posted here. I guess I'm safe because I saw the handwriting on the wall and sold my place almost 2 years ago (still miss the heck out of it) so I now qualify as a Nomad

Think I will start a thread on how many Nomads will have to drop off because of that definition.

It should be interesting to see how many of our friends will suddenly become unwelcome at a home they have contributed to for so long.

Heck! I guess that is okay 'cause I didn't like a couple of them anyway.

Bernie - you missed the skiff once again. If I did not appreciate your insights I would not have bought "Bouncing Around" off your website. I have tremendous respect for Mexican people and culture, having lived on the mainland and studied Spanish in Guadalajara. But I am a traveler - and a gringo. And I resent insinuations that just because I live on this side of the border that I must be greedy, boorish and stupid.

Keep up the good work. :coolup:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 6-27-2005 at 01:07 PM
Moving guy

After reading and being a part of these forums for sum time, I have considered most everyone on here a bunch of windbags at one time or another. And with as many posts as I have, I should be a regular vela on a square rigger by now.:lol:
But, I have been called that before by a few of the tourists/Nomads who are on here who prefer to either ignore or deny the truth:?: I call them the chicken coup group because the majority of what they say is just clucking.
Now, generally when they get called on something or asked to verify their "information, they resort to name calling, accusations, u2uing each other for support, and even recruiting others specifically to cause trouble and defend their position.
And then, they generally just go away.
The arguments had on here by intelligent people on the other hand are discussed and sometimes even battled over, with words. Everyone makes there point and then it goes away. No hatred, no ill wishes, just over, whether agreed upon or not.
I have been noticing that some of the newbies now want to get involved and do the name calling, accusations and even threaten physical violence if they don't agree with what is being said.
These are more than likely the same kind that I discuss on here and try and educate all as to how they are really looked at.
David tells me that because everyone on here are Nomads, I am barking up the wrong tree. But then David, as well as many others, seem to have a serious comprehension problem when it comes to what is actually being said!

One thing about me, my posts and living here, I tell the truth. And I don't wish harm on anyone, let alone inflicting it myself. I have dogs for that!:lol: And I help everyone I come in contact with if possible, sort of mandatory living here and traveling the peninsula regularly!

I learn from the Mexican people and try to relate their feelings although I am still a gringo. I see things down here every day and have for blah blah blah. I go into the remote areas while they still are and try and teach the people about working with a renewable resource to improve their lives as they don't have access to tourist dollars like the beach communities do.

The coup groupers even find fault in this!:lol::lol::lol:

So, I learn from many on this board and it has always had it's share of good and bad. Kinda like life!

But when it comes to free speech and having different opinions/views and a bunch of cluckers try to limit this, next thing you know they'll be having the same problems with owning land up there as they do down here!:light:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 01:10 PM

Bernie, you may want to rephrase that. It can be taken in a different context.:smug:
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 01:18 PM
Sharks

This ol' brain is getting plum tared---I going to the movies and let it cool off a bit---Refraze what or who---Please give me a hint or two.

Your fren

PS--I love everbuddy cept dos two ol'coots.

movinguy
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja

One thing about me, my posts and living here, I tell the truth. And I don't wish harm on anyone, let alone inflicting it myself. I have dogs for that!:lol:

Then you gotta love ratties - feisty as hell . . .:cool:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 01:36 PM

Quote:
This ol' brain is getting plum tared---I going to the movies and let it cool off a bit---Refraze what or who---Please give me a hint or two.

Your fren

PS--I love everbuddy cept dos two ol'coots.

Bernie said:

"Think I will start a thread on how many Nomads will have to drop off because of that definition.

It should be interesting to see how many of our friends will suddenly become unwelcome at a home they have contributed to for so long."

I am not quite sure I get it? Oh. maybe I do... can they really be that serious??
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 01:51 PM
Viking Bernie

Baja Bernie ....I cant be gone for a few days without you having stir'in the nest here ? Haha! Here's my hat you can borrow, for battle with these guys!

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 02:01 PM

Yankee...
That's a hat for up here in my corner of the PNW...Poulsbo's main focus is Vikingfest during May! The main theme is do like the Vikings...rape and pillage for 3 full days:o:o:mad::mad::moon::moon:

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 02:02 PM

looks like Pampano:spingrin: a few yrs ago. And I've never met him personally.;)
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 02:07 PM

Well Hell..guess you all know what I look like now! Yes sir ry' that's the real me in this photo. Bought that cap and wear it during our camping trips. Most folks at camp grounds grab their kiddies a little closer to them as I walk by them :lol::lol::lol:

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 02:38 PM

Yankee, were you wearing that when you peeed of Antonio at Alfonsinas. That would explain alot.:lol:
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.