Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: A Favor To Ask
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2007 at 11:06 AM

Ken,

I have looked at all of the pictures and read most of the text. Your writing is interesting, well organized, and supports the photos beautifully.

The photos are the heart of the book. To say that there are too many sharks, or too many nudibranches, or too many of anything, is like saying that there are too many waterlillies among a collection of Monet paintings. I do think that Igor makes a good point above about the outstanding palm shot. Perhaps in publication some of your images may be full page, and some grouped several to a page, or placed among text, thus highlighting what you choose to emphasize.

Please put me on the list of those awaiting a signed copy!

Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 3-24-2007 at 11:46 AM
Absolutely Fantastic

Ken ,I'm inviting you to next years book signing now before you get to famous. I think you should come this year and do hand shaking and shoulder rubbing with your adoring fans and hoist a beer or two with them . They would like to meet you in person and chat I'm sure. Please stop by May 5th. I do believe Sunbelt Publishing will be here you might be able to strike up some business for yourself while having fun with the rest of us.Then you can get your book published and be ready for next years event. That would be great for all of us that want a signed copy Hope you'll join us May 5th at Pyramid Resort. It's the place to be,k:yes:;):saint:

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2007 at 11:54 AM

Ken - u2u - twice.:yes:
And... if you do publish this work, why not use the "best" photos (from the viewpoint of composition) as intros to each chapter, as well as using them as placed within the chapter.
And and..... wow!

Nena

[Edited on 3-24-2007 by Natalie Ann]

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 3-24-2007 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann
Ken - u2u - twice.:yes:
And... if you do publish this work, why not use the "best" photos (from the viewpoint of composition) as intros to each chapter, as well as using them as placed within the chapter.
And and..... wow!

Nena

Saw the u2u's and got back to you. This is a great idea Nena. I was really nervous about asking for help on this board, now I don't see how I could do without it.

Thank you all again,

++Ken++
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2007 at 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Keri
Ken ,I'm inviting you to next years book signing now before you get to famous. I think you should come this year and do hand shaking and shoulder rubbing with your adoring fans and hoist a beer or two with them . They would like to meet you in person and chat I'm sure. Please stop by May 5th. I do believe Sunbelt Publishing will be here you might be able to strike up some business for yourself while having fun with the rest of us.Then you can get your book published and be ready for next years event. That would be great for all of us that want a signed copy Hope you'll join us May 5th at Pyramid Resort. It's the place to be,k:yes:;):saint:

Keri thanks so much for the invitation and the very kind words. I don't think I can make it this year but save a Pacifico for me next year :)

++Ken++
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 3-24-2007 at 01:20 PM

Ken, I have not looked at the "book." I have seen enough of your work on this board to know that you should publish. I want to reserve at least one copy right now with the caveat that you personally sign it for me. Heck I'll even meet you in Morro Bay for the signing.

Go for it guy!
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2007 at 05:07 PM

You definitely have a fantastic "family" book already: however, there is a great potential here for a published book. I think that it needs a little more focus on the diving/underwater photography, and a little less on the above water in some, and a little more in others, just for a sense of place. I think the suggestion of a map is a good one, not only for the Sea of Cortez, but for everywhere.

I started out thinking that there were too many similar photos, but when I tried to figure out which ones should go, I couldn't. I think Paula's artist eye got it right. Some full page, and others in groups of smaller photos.

With a little help from a publisher and a professional editor, this could be a great addition to diving books which generally don't have the intimate personal commentary of yours.

I started out just thinking of reading a little, but couldn't stop until I read it all.

Your words and photos truly reminded me of what a privilege we have as divers to live for a little while in the under water environment. Your cold water images were almost enough to make me, a dedicated warm water diver, want to dive in Moro or Monterey Bays!!! Almost.

Thanks for posting this.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 08:37 AM

Thanks oxxo and elizabeth. elizabeth I bet I am as warm inside my drysuit as you are in a lycra in warm water :) :). But you are much more nimble. Thanks again, ++Ken++
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 08:45 AM

Ken, I downloaded the whole post, put it on a disc, changed some names, edited a little (added a couple maps) and it's ready for the printer. The title is Diving with The Osprey. I want to give you credit too. Before I send in the galleys is it Kenneth or just Ken?
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 08:50 AM

Osprey I prefer just Ken. Kenneth is a little too formal. Thanks for the credit :) ++Kenneth++
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 10:01 AM

Ken, I enjoyed the readings and pictures you have put together for this book you are thinking about doing. This book would appeal to anyone that goes to Mexico or other places where they also love diving or seeing what divers see. Hope to meet up with you some day on one of the Nomads get togethers. I would definately buy your book and steer my friends to do the same. Thanks for putting something like this on the board to share. I never get surprised by the thoughtful comments and encouragement that other Nomads give to other Nomads trying to put themselves out there on new challenges or adventures. Good Luck!!!

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.