BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7
Author: Subject: A very BAD report from Loreto!
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 04:27 PM

pams a pretty tuff gal and i heard she likes sardinia anyway:yes::o:o:spingrin::spingrin:

jerry and judi
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 04:31 PM

Hey there. If by tomorrow I can reasonably launch my boat, I will have botas net some fresh ones and yes, I will eat a live one! Checked out the ramp a few hours ago and I can safely say that I'll probably not be eating any sardina sushi manana or even thursday. But I wish I was actually going to make that video instead and we had a functioning ramp.

Jerry. Where anywhere have I ever recomended anyone including myself break the law? I am taking measures that are legal. The business community here is peeed and finally after all these years of being counterproductive against each other we're coming together.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 07:01 PM

as i said pam i was not talking about you

jerry and judi
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 07:39 PM

ok jerry I still luv ya!
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jerry

when i hear coment here that it is more nobal to break the law of the land then to obey it i really wonder where peoples heads are at??

Am I missing something here? I didn't see any post that advocated breaking the law, or any statement that said it was more noble to break the law...
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elizabeth
Quote:

when i hear coment here that it is more nobal to break the law of the land then to obey it i really wonder where peoples heads are at??

Am I missing something here? I didn't see any post that advocated breaking the law, or any statement that said it was more noble to break the law...

Elizabeth,
You have to learn to read between the lines of these Nomad posts, a very tricky thing to do.:lol::lol::P:P:lol::lol:
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 07:36 AM

Quote:

Jerry, I know these are extreme examples but at one time it was legal to buy and sell people as slaves in the United States and it was illegal for non land owners and women to vote.

My point is that just because there is a law forbidding or allowing something doesn't always make that something reasonable and right.

oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 07:41 AM

And to really make my point, AT ONE TIME IT WAS ILLEGAL TO DRINK BEER IN THE UNITED STATES. Talk about stupid laws that I would have broken every day with joy!! :bounce:

Reeljob
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 07:49 AM

Pam:

I'm glad to hear the merchants are getting together on the problems in Loreto. There IS strength in numbers.

I bet you will have more support from NOMADS than even you could imagine.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 08:03 AM

Pam,

Just in case.

Can you get Wasabi in Loreto?

;D
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 08:47 AM

if ya cant get wasabi ask brenda i gave her some plan old horesradish that can help it slid:spingrin::bounce::bounce::bounce::yes::yes::yes:

jerry and judi
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 09:38 AM

I recall reading in this wonderful book called "There Is A Word For It In Mexico" that there is a word "Chinga" that seems to describe this situation. I love that book. It really helped me to understand a lot of the cultural differences I have experienced while visiting Mexico. Another Nomad recommended this book to us.

I wrote a small paper that I posted on another site in which I recommended that people read this great book while they are obtaining their immigration papers and going from this office to that office to that window and back to that office. I also recommended the same strategy, that is to read the book in line as you get your fishing license.

We once had our umpteen thousand dollar Neurofeedback equipment blown up in a five star Hacienda on the mainland where we had our office. Act of God. The ground wire was hanging in the air above the bolt it was supposed to be attached. Sometimes one just has to shake ones head, have a drink and re-read "There Is A Word For It In Mexico".

Hope a little humor helps, sometimes it's all ya got!

Iflyfish
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 10:14 AM

Todays ramp update:

Just got back from the marina, they have all the rebar in place below the water line and have put dams up to hold the concrete. The upper portion is still half done, but at least they are making progress.

Pam, It looks like you won't be eating any sardines. Im sure this makes the sardines happy too.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 12:06 PM

"because the law is the only thing that civilized people have"

So, so wrong. Respect for each other; the Golden Rule is what civilized people have. And a civilized society supposedly has their elected officials to act in their stead for the good of the whole. Loreto is a fishing town and should be understood by those who make municipal decisions. Public Works projects can be accomplished without too much disruption as is constantly done in a civilized society with elected officials. Proper notification, alternative accommodations, not disruptive to commercial enterprises during high season. Jerry, something tells me you were once a government employee.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 12:22 PM

wilderone, Your take on the ramp situation sounds good to me!:)
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 12:55 PM

wilderone you are as far off as you could be i have been self imployed nearly all of my adult life
respect comes from morals eather for fear of the law or the fear of hell

jerry and judi
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 01:42 PM
Ramp update

New estimate for reopening is at ten days from today, Wednesday.

Also in the near future, a 12 dollar launch fee is to be inaugurated.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grover
Quote:
Originally posted by oldhippie...AT ONE TIME IT WAS ILLEGAL TO DRINK BEER...
And didn't that work out well for us.

Got to admit though, they were pretty snappy dressers.

:lol::lol::lol:
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tehag
Also in the near future, a 12 dollar launch fee is to be inaugurated.

So you launch your boat 10 times in one year and you've paid probably something close to what the Loreto Bay owners are paying in annual property taxes (mine are $102 per year on a new 1600 sqft beach house in TJ).

Buy hey, the town needs the money to process the chit flowing out of Loreto Bay. Afterall, Loreto Bay isn't paying for sewage treatment.

This is all out of whack.

El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 6-13-2007 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:
Originally posted by grover
Quote:
Originally posted by oldhippie...AT ONE TIME IT WAS ILLEGAL TO DRINK BEER...
And didn't that work out well for us.

Got to admit though, they were pretty snappy dressers.

:lol::lol::lol:

Wait a minute, I recognize Joe Kennedy and Al Capone, but isn't the third one Robert Stack as Elliot Ness? :spingrin:

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.