Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Art & Beer, Pescadero, Todos Santos DON'T GO
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 06:48 PM

oh goodie, the plot thickens...gotta love a good controversy...only problem is that now I WANNA stop there just to see for myself how grumpy or great the owner is....I'll smuggle in a 10 peso mexmix...jimador and grapefruit juice pop so I wont have the margs...did you say there was a cover charge?? ell...maybe not then

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
amir
Senior Nomad

Mood: chiropractic

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 06:51 PM
This is the guy we're talking about

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S
Any chance that some people have an "attitude" when they go in, and he's psychic & doesn't want them around. We are talking about the guy with the big beard aren't we??????????????????????????

Alfredo from Art & Beer.
These pictures were taken last December.

IMG_7953.jpg - 41kB
amir
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 06:57 PM
The lobby of Art & Beer

Lourdes, Alfredo's wife, is on the right.
When my wife (Gnome-ad), on the left, finds out I posted this picture, I guess I'll be sleeping on the couch...

IMG_7956.jpg - 43kB
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 07:03 PM

That's the guy I ran into-----------look at the wild look in his eyes--------he is ready to explode!!! :lol:

As for having "an attitude", my wife is the sweetest person I have ever known and she almost never gets mad-----I thought she was going to explode------she had to leave the place to keep from hitting they guy with a bottle------

I have honestly NEVER had any problem with any other restaurant folks in MY LIFE.

This guy is nuts, and I think all the varied posts tends to prove that-----totally skitzo, this guy------multible personalities. You can deal with that if you want, but not me ever again. :fire:

barry
amir
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 07:05 PM
The Infamous Bathroom at Art & Beer

Why some people are not allowed to use this bathroom???
It's bizarre what some people have posted on this thread.
I don't doubt some people were denied access, but why?

As for me, I would pay a "cover charge" (if there was one) just to see inside this palapa bathroom. It's quaint, rustic, romantic, and well, it has a functional toilet: To flush it you have to dumpt water scooped from a big barrel (behind where I'm standing to take this picture). At night its lit by candlelight...

IMG_7999.jpg - 47kB
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Is there any other way to drink it?

Absinthe - after being outlawed in Europe for various reasons (wood alcohol?), it is now being produced again. So, you could probably find it somewhere.

I don't know how else to drink it. In all my years behind the bar, it was used very little. It's only on the market as a legal substitute for Absinthe which became illegal for containing a Wood Worm narcotic or something like that. It's full of dope. That's why I doubt the real item is on the store shelves. I don't know. It's Tijuana.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by amir
Why some people are not allowed to use this bathroom???

It looks like some tried to use it but, missed. That must say something about the fast acting food.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 07:25 PM

Phil S.

I am a retired Federal Cop-----maybe he sensed that, or maybe even I mentioned it before he went ballistic (but I don't think so)------and maybe he hates cops----who knows------I am only reporting what happened, with no imbellishments. I will admit that he did not seem to have any problems with the other couple with us------they both sorta admired his "art", and I was not that impressed, but did try to hide that----maybe not well enough.

As for a cover charge-----my Gawd, isn't $36 bucks USA enough of a "charge" to gain access to a bathroom??

When we left, the other couple did say that this guy was a bit nuts in their opinion-------they don't think I did, or said, anything to deserve his wolverine reaction.

When he told my wife that she could not use the restroom, I did say, "you have got to be kidding" and laughed (I really thought he was kidding)----that did not help things as he was deadly serious---------from there things deteoriated rapidly!!! especially when my wife went ahead and used the bathroom, with me guarding her outside the door.

Miserable guy------needs to go sit on the beach and chill out .:mad:
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 07:39 PM

All very interesting. I've wondered about the place when we've driven by. I thought it must be really good or really bad, but we've never stopped. Now I'm wondering about the art. Any one have pictures to post?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 07:41 PM

This guy owes jeffw and you, Barry, more than an apology. He couldn't buy advertising as effect as he's getting here for free. Now, even those who are convinced that he's really Charles Manson will stop in to see what it's all about.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 07:43 PM

And that is good, Dennis-----------then EVERYBODY will "know" what an alien this guy is. :lol:
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.

When he told my wife that she could not use the restroom, I did say, "you have got to be kidding" and laughed (I really thought he was kidding)----that did not help things as he was deadly serious---------from there things deteoriated rapidly!!! especially when my wife went ahead and used the bathroom, with me guarding her outside the door.

Miserable guy------needs to go sit on the beach and chill out .:mad:

Man, I gotta meet this guy.:lol::lol::lol:

Better yet, next week, I will bring like 50 of my racer friends by to say hi.:lol::lol::lol:

Minnow: signing off for a couple of weeks. Be careful all.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 07:50 PM

Minnow........

Go by and put a collar and leash on this creep and take him out for some excercise.
amir
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 09:01 PM
Only one photo from gallery at Art & Beer

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
All very interesting...
... Now I'm wondering about the art. Any one have pictures to post?

IMG_7960.jpg - 48kB
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 09:07 PM

"EXPLODE"

Amir-----

Do I really have to explain??? :lol:

A figure of speech-------you know, like REALLY UNCONTROLLABLY MAD??? not litterally as you suggest.

Our anger fed off each other to the point of getting out-of-control.

After seeing those pictures of "art", it all comes back to me----------:no: I guess I am just not an appreciator of THAT type of art. :lol:
amir
Senior Nomad

lol.gif posted on 11-10-2007 at 09:24 PM
No, you really DON'T have to explain...

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
"EXPLODE"

REALLY UNCONTROLLABLY MAD

Really Uncontrollably Mad: RUM

Maybe he had too much RUM that day? :lol::bounce::lol::bounce::o
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 09:29 PM

Thanks, Amir.

As a person who really loves good abstract, I think from the picture that his stuff doesn't work, though the orange and blue piece on the right may have something happening.

Not a sign in his favor:dudette:

The Sculpin
Nomad

Mood: Riding into the Sunset, looking for a sunrise.

[*] posted on 11-10-2007 at 09:48 PM

I guess I have to agree with the mirror thing. I love the Bloody Mary's, and after a few of those things, it's hard to take the "complimentary" beer at the end. I just take it and dump it by the car. One of these days, the local constabulary will figure this thing out as a great scam. Get pulled over....donde viaje? Art & Beer....300 pesos profavor! I have heard he's had "problems", but he's so damn colorful! What's an extra 20 minutes!?! Anyway, I still recommend it. Baja is full of the good and the bad. What matters is how you deal with it!!

Whoa there, Cowboy - pull back on those reins!
DonnaMare
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2007 at 11:57 AM
WOW!

Wow, you guys, this is fascinating to read, and great timing too because I am about to head down there for the first time and just yesterday on the Trip Advisor forum this place was RECOMMENDED to me by someone who seems pretty savvy about Baja. WEIRD!! I was told it's a hidden gem. I am SO GLAD I saw this post prior to my departure!

One of you really should get onto the trip advisor forum (under Los Cabos forums) and mention what the reality of this place is!!!!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2007 at 12:12 PM

Well, DonnaMare..... That could be a most important task on your trip. To discern the truth, according to you, and give is an unbiased report. We'll look forward to it.
And please, let us know if the old man changed his stained shirt.
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.