Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Follow trip to La Paz
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-13-2009 at 08:33 AM

Don & Linda, welcome to the wonderful world of Baja home building. Those wonderful photos of the 'Before' part will thrill you for many years to come.

I wish I had given you a copy of my old favorite book of Baja building. "God and Mr. Gomez". This light-hearted read will keep you smiling...and comparing notes!

Buena suerte, amigos.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
fixtrauma
Nomad

Mood: Monomaniac

[*] posted on 4-13-2009 at 09:31 AM
God and Mr. Gomez

Pompano.....you are right about that book. I bought it after someone recommending it. I think it was from the Nomad site awhile back. Thanks for considering us with that. I need to get it out and read it again!:)

fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2009 at 08:49 PM

Setting the first post. One hundred twenty three to go!

Many more in place. Getting them straight!

Lunch today at Mr. Taco's in El Centenario.

The marlin was great today.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-14-2009 at 08:53 AM

wow... great trip report! we are so glad you arrived safely and are enjoying your new venture.
On behalf of Shipwreck Sarah and myself, we thank you for taking the time to pick up her care package from Jordan. Not everyone would go into Hollywood to do that for someone they've never met...you are true Nomads who go above and beyond the call of duty.We also thank the honourable Sr.Pompano for providing the second leg of the package journey. It was a great excuse to finally meet this legendary baja character who's hospitality is outstanding. We really enjoyed his tales of daring do! Leg 3 of the Package's trip to baja was completed last night and this morning was fun watching Sarah open her presents of books, chocolate, tea, photos of her boat and loved ones, and most important the unmentionables! Mil gracias amigos...Via con dios!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2009 at 08:50 PM

Worst area of rocks. At least the holes are all dug in that area. May get wire up tomorrow.:wow:

fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2009 at 08:51 PM
Post #120!

The last post to get planted. Glad to get the perimeter fence posts in. Will get some of the wire up tomorrow and be on board flight out of La Paz a little after 3pm.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-15-2009 at 09:02 PM

This is a really fun post! Has a little bit of everything in it.:cool:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2009 at 09:41 PM

Thanks fishbuck....glad you enjoyed it. Have never done anything like this posting before.

:)

BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2009 at 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fixtrauma

The last post to get planted. Glad to get the perimeter fence posts in. Will get some of the wire up tomorrow and be on board flight out of La Paz a little after 3pm.

What I did on my summer vacation: dug holes and ate a taco.

Seems like you just got here and now you're rushing off. I guess a person can only stand so much fun.

I think the world is run by C- students.
fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2009 at 07:47 PM
BMG

Rub it in BMG! :smug: Sure would stay longer but the old job acallin'. Back in June for another stint. Will have a group of high school young people. Will be a different sort of work on that trip.

At least I got to see a section of the fence up before we left this afternoon. This was the section we did this morning.

Was delighted that we had the appropriate colors to fly out of La Paz in this afternoon! Don't know if I could have boarded the plane if it was green and yellow!

Sitting in the Alaska teminal at LAX and 31B is my doorway home.

Back in June!

Thank you everyone for your interest in our trip report as boring as it may have been at times. It was my first experience at this and was a challenge at times. It was nice to meet 3 Nomad folks who added alot to our trip experience.

fluff57

[*] posted on 4-17-2009 at 07:48 PM

Don and Linda glad to see you got home safely, looks like you might have got a little to much sun.......Was fun keeping up with you two on the web.........
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2009 at 05:30 PM

Hi I sent you a U2U message if you can please respond Id be grateful.

Just wanted to know how you were able to update your log through the trip, if you used your own internet service or stayed at the motels with service?
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.