Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: New Baja Almanac
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
What's the big deal? Has the four year wait turned this into some kind of cult magazine that is indispensible? Wouldnt it be wise to see how accurate it is and how practical the scale is for use with a GPS?

I mean, it's not like it has the Secret Surfing and Fishing Spots of the Seven Sisters or the Secret Lost Missions of the Jesuits and the Franciscans marked on it.

Uh...............does it???????:o

don't start, Hook!!!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 03:01 PM

Relax, Woody's SECRET SURF SPOT or my LOST MISSIONS are NOT in it!:lol::lol::lol::light::cool:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 04:18 PM

Just got mine in the mail.....ordered on internet late last week...my copy shows the secret surf spots (you just have to know where to look):saint:
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfer jim
Just got mine in the mail.....ordered on internet late last week...my copy shows the secret surf spots (you just have to know where to look):saint:

The Seven Sister's are, of course, on page 7. :light: ......
Or are they? :P

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 04:59 PM

And where are the Tres Virgenes?
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Relax, Woody's SECRET SURF SPOT or my LOST MISSIONS are NOT in it!:lol::lol::lol::light::cool:

David,
Would you please be kind enough to forward a link to your Almanac drawing of that shortcut between San Francisquito and Santa Gertrudis turnoff? If I have that, I won't need the new Almanac.

Your hand-drawn route is either on an almanac map or the AAA map....either works for me.

I have ridden it several times either way, but want to provide an accurate link to a friend.

Thanks

Don't believe everything you think....
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:

David,
Would you please be kind enough to forward a link to your Almanac drawing of that shortcut between San Francisquito and Santa Gertrudis turnoff? If I have that, I won't need the new Almanac.

Your hand-drawn route is either on an almanac map or the AAA map....either works for me.

I have ridden it several times either way, but want to provide an accurate link to a friend.

Thanks

No David don't be giving out secert info until they pass the cult blood hand shake and midnight run to the cave on shell beach.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:

David,

Thanks

It shows on the sample map on the Almanac web page... I have posted it on the 2003 Almanac and AAA map many times... Let's see if I can dig those up...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 08:47 PM

The link to the 2009 sample with that part of Baja... is above... posted earlier in this thread.

Here is the 2003 Almanac with that road drawn in...

This map is from my El Camino Real from space series... the numbers and arrows point to places where I saved a photo of the Camino Real from Google Earth. Anyway, the shortcut road is drawn in.

Below is the AAA map, and I drew in the northern half of the short cut, with mileage... Not sure why AAA didn't drive it when they mapped the southern section?

[Edited on 11-10-2009 by David K]

Guillermo-r.JPG - 42kB

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 09:57 PM

David,

So Many Thank Yous....Muchas Gracias Todos Tiempos

On that road....

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2009 at 09:41 AM

El gusto es mio, amigo!

Happy Trails!

Casey67
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja Hot

[*] posted on 11-16-2009 at 06:30 PM

If you're not living in the US, don't bother trying to order the almanac from the [expletive withheld] site. I received this today, a full two weeks after placing my order. The complications of ~$2 more for postage to Canada must have overwhelmed them for days.

"Sir, We are not setup to ship international Almanac orders. A refund has been issued to your account. To order please visit www.discoverbaja.com, they can process international orders. Thank you, Baja Almanac Publishers"

I should be leaving within 5 weeks so I'll take my chances at picking up the new one at DBTC on the way through since ordering through the DBTC website isn't a simple online affair. If I can't get one there I don't think I'll bother. Given the 1.5 year publishing delay and now this, I can't say that I'm all that interested in supporting the Baja Almanac people any further than my 2003 edition.

[Edited on 17-11-2009 by Casey67]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-16-2009 at 06:38 PM

hey Casey

i agree. all the places are right where they have always been!:light:

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 11-16-2009 at 07:49 PM

david, i must say, that while i disagree with your right wing extremist outlook on life as it is, you are a true gentleman and guide to this baja that we all love...thank you

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2009 at 10:34 PM

Yeah !!!!:light:

We don't need no new stinkin' Almanac...we have David:cool:

He knows where what is at and forwards map pics to prove it....along with his trip photos:saint:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2009 at 11:15 PM

Thanks Ged and Michael...

Since Landon doesn't sell direct to Canada, order from Discover Baja Travel Club... or pick them up in San Diego when you are down here... Remember, they recently moved a couple miles away from their old site. Get address off their web site... It is real easy to get to off I-5.

I am sure Landon has already distributed them on the peninsula, so you can buy them at places down there. Kim Williams in El Rosario (Baja Maps and Fossil shop) is a distributor for Landon, as well. They were first sold in San Felipe and that's how we found out on Nomad.

[Edited on 11-17-2009 by David K]

Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2009 at 09:59 AM

I'm so glad we are cutting off the canucks. Ever since my kid started playing ice hockey I've had to spend about $4000 usd every year. Let see that 7 years X 4000 = $28,000. Thats about 40 trips to baja that I got shorted on. I blame Canada and their national sport, Ice Hockey.

It's too bad canadian girls are cuter then americans.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2009 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
It's too bad canadian girls are cuter then americans.

MM,
Tell ya what.....keep the map. we'll keep the cuties...:light::lol:

Casey67
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja Hot

[*] posted on 11-17-2009 at 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
I'm so glad we are cutting off the canucks. Ever since my kid started playing ice hockey I've had to spend about $4000 usd every year. Let see that 7 years X 4000 = $28,000. Thats about 40 trips to baja that I got shorted on. I blame Canada and their national sport, Ice Hockey.

Sorry about the whole hockey thing :tumble:
Fred-o
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2009 at 11:28 AM
Almanac's in El Rosario

I saw one for sale (Maybe they had more) at Mama Espanosas' (sp) last week. It was all wraped in cellophane so it could not be perused. Maybe they get them from Kim, I don't know.
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.