Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
The fact is, crime in northern baja is down 70 to 80%. Whats happening in Juarez is a totally different thing.

You thought La Paz was safe and didn't know El Teo was living near you. Right? Maybe you mean REPORTED crimes? But who wastes their time reporting crime any more?

My neighbor had their US plated car stolen last night at the "Las Brisas" hotel. The went to file a report but the police would not take it because the cop smelled alcohol on his breath. What did that have to do with his car being stolen. Why even bother trying to report a crime? Yesterday Rosarito had armed men in fake uniforms robbing sores on the main blvd. Crime is down from what number? It could be down 95% and still not be safe. Stats mean nothing anymore.

Rosarito looks like a war zone today. Camouflage-uniformed Marines everywhere. Why are they here today if less crime? Getting ready for the Benito Juarez parade tomorrow? Giving the handful of Spring Breakers here a cool photo op to e-mail home?

yadda, yadda, yadda!!! look, if you want to, stay home, fortunatelly, theres still plenty of smart people who actually look at facts and not personal opinions or media hype.

I was one of the ones that condemned the violence up north when it was happening, but now that its down, i am also being fair and expressing my support for those that worked to get it down. But seems that those that where just bashing Mexico out of personal problems, won't admit things got better no matter what. Its not fun anymore for them.

dude, I'm just looking out my window. Don't get all defensive. It is what it is right now. (IMO the Narco crime is down and the tweeker crime is exploding- the stuck on stupid crimes like our TJ carjack attempt at noon). Don't tell me that carjack attempt against us (which we did not report) was because of a reduction in the TJ crime rate. In 2007, at the peak of the narco crime wave- when the police corruption scandal hit and the Military came to TJ, they took out the cameras on the via rapida that protected us tourists! Huh?!
We have a saying in the USA " Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."

No one is happy about the security situation or the state of the local economy. My family has lost jobs. You think I want my house to be worthless too?

And hey- good work on being one of the good guys helping get the crime down. Open your eyes and seek out new solutions and tactics. What Mexico has inits aresenal and how they are using it certainly hasn't worked yet. Get the people involved. Suck-it-up and take the punches Mexico deserves for letting it come to this point in the first place.
:P:saint:

[Edited on 3-15-2010 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 06:15 PM

Quote:
Suck-it-up and take the punches Mexico deserves for letting it come to this point in the first place.

Sooo....Can I assume surrender is no longer an option?
grmpb
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 06:44 PM

:mad:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grmpb

Meaning what?
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by grmpb

Meaning what?

Don't give it too much thought. He didn't.

He's referring to previous post where he called me "French" for thinking I was talking about a Mexican surrender to the narcos. All I said was just what I said here- that Mexico isn't winning with current tactics- so pull back, regroup, get the correct arsenal in place and come back to fight and win the next time. Losing a battle isn't surrender, giving up on Mexico is. He's just about as stuck on stupid as Mexico- not for saying it once, but for taking a second shot with the same lame statement.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 09:53 PM

Mexico isn't winning because they are not even attacking the problem. They run around rounding up narco dog soldiers with 6th grade educations all day long. The problem in Mexico is the corruption that permeates its society. Mexico needs to attack corruption. The cartels cannot exist or operate without making a lot of government people look the other way. Mexico needs to clean itself out from top to bottom. From the president to the janitor at the alcaldia. The army too.

This is like the Viet Nam War. All the bad guys were commanding from North Viet Nam and staging in Laos and Cambodia and we couldn't go attack any of those places. So our guys just got chopped up slugging it out with Charlie. If you are going to fight a war, fight to win. Mexico is fighting for a draw.

No soy por ni contra apatía.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead
Mexico needs to clean itself out from top to bottom. From the president to the janitor at the alcaldia. The army too.

If they're all dirty, who will do all the necessary cleaning?
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 11:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Mexico needs to clean itself out from top to bottom. From the president to the janitor at the alcaldia. The army too.

It can't be done. "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". With the power comes money and people with power and money don't willingly give it up, ever.
Mexico is an oligarchy where the gov't controls everything and the people beg for things basically. They beg with money and it is not always a lot of money, just enough to make up for what they feel they aren't being paid. It's a little here and a little there, but it is everywhere and once you take the money you can't say no the next time. They're screwed unless the people revolt- and I don't see that ever happening. It always go back to a political party blame game and nothing changes. This is a country that was conquered and controlled by the Spanish and accepted the corruption from the getgo. It's not a country of revolutionaries like the USA who kicked the Brits out. Very different origins with very different outcomes. JMO of course.

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 11:09 PM

Quote:

As I see it, the problem is not that they're all dirty... it's that they're all related.

Mexico is a very insulated and entrenched society.

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:

As I see it, the problem is not that they're all dirty... it's that they're all related.

Mexico is a very insulated and entrenched society.

Is that why so many Mexicans use their three or four names? An ancestry check for corruption? I thought it was just to make writing them checks they can cash at the bank harder. Every time I pay someone by check they have to drag out the voter ID to get every single name correct and in the right order so the bank will take it. :lol:

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Actually, the US could have issued a much sterner warning, such as saying just don't go. To a certain extent, I think Mexico dodged a bullet this time.

The average person reading that alert would interpret it as saying, "Just don't go."

Channel 2 LA last night's 11pm news. must be run by average people. Their story, while actually even failing to mention where the killings took place- only Mexico. They basically warned their viewers to stay away from Mexico; especially spring breakers. Nowhere near the nuance of the State Department warning.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 12:10 PM

Well, we'll soon see if our president is a eunuch or a leader among men. Right now, he should be nationalizing the fence industry.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 12:19 PM

Quote:
Well, we'll soon see if our president is a eunuch or a leader among men. Right now, he should be nationalizing the fence industry.

Maybe Calderon can give Obama some fence building tips. Calderon's Army has done a very good job of making Mexico's southern border strong so Hondurans or anyone south of there couldn't enter and suck resources away from the Mexican people. Of course there are human rights violations, but it is a third world zone...

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 12:37 PM

Ah! But the mission was entirely different. Down South, the objective was to keep people OUT! Anyone think Calderon wants to keep his own people IN?
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 12:50 PM

And while I realize that there are some who take umbrage at the idea that the US does bear considerable blame, what exactly have the billions of dollars we've spent on the war on drugs actually accomplished? Maybe it puts the lie to the old adage about "if you throw enough money at a problem".
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
And while I realize that there are some who take umbrage at the idea that the US does bear considerable blame, what exactly have the billions of dollars we've spent on the war on drugs actually accomplished? Maybe it puts the lie to the old adage about "if you throw enough money at a problem".

You talking any specific country... Columbia cocaine, Afghanistani Opium, Mexican Pot? I guess it really doesn't matter- it's money and lives lost that could have fed the poor, educated the illiterate and cured the sick. Good thing Gates and other philanthropists are taking up some of the slack.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 01:29 PM

Who has the

Motive,

Means and

Opportunity

to complete this attack.

Drug gang doesn't fit
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Who has the

Motive,

Means and

Opportunity

to complete this attack.

Drug gang doesn't fit

But that's what they are saying today anyway... The Los Aztecas gang.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100315/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_dru...

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Who has the

Motive,

Means and

Opportunity

to complete this attack.

Drug gang doesn't fit

But that's what they are saying today anyway... The Los Aztecas gang.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100315/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_dru...

There is no evidence to make the connection noted in the article, therefore it's pure conjecture labeled reporting otherwise known as propaganda-it's tiresome.

Now put on your detective hats and ask yourself why reporters are cued to make the statement immediately following the incident with no investigation, no evidence, no suspects captured... Every message has a motivation, a desired interpretation as well...
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 03:11 PM

I have to weigh in on the side of the skeptics. Don't know much about the Mexican dude who was offed, but the US Consular employees' husband worked within the prison system in EL Paso. Could have been payback for something that happened NOB. No?
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.