BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
78% of the legal residents of AZ support SB 1070 according to some recent polls.

there was a time that the majority of the populations in some states supported slavery and segregation,... just because a majority of people agree does not make it right.

i suspect that the majority that capt mike touts as validation of AZ law is similar to the majority that once supported slavery.

mob rule is not good rule.

[Edited on 4-27-2010 by mtgoat666]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 08:26 AM

There is some truth to what monoloco says... Many years ago, people from Mexico crossed the border easily to visit friends and family and went back... anywhere they wanted, not just at ports of entry... no big deal.

However, with the rise in drug smuggling then the 9-11 terrorist attack, the border was the only way to restrict the free flow of drugs and people across the border.

But, once across... instead of going back, it is far easier to just stay.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 08:26 AM

Quote:
78% of the legal residents of AZ support SB 1070 according to some recent polls.
cops have to have probable cause BEFORE any action - no diff.
all they are doing is asking if one is an American or a tourist....
since no one at the fed level will step in and enforce SIMILAR laws on the books our state decided to do it themselves. the killing of a rancher was apparantly the last straw in the collective mind set of the state having to deal with the pressure of all these undocumented residents taxing our social resources and sending $$ out of the country to Mexico and elsewhere.

recently a Ranch Markets outlet was found to have 40 illegals working - all were let go.
the next day 300 out of work AMERICANS showed up to apply for those jobs.
nuff said...
it is simple - RESPECT our laws. if you want to come here DO IT according to the established protocol.

Wash DC won't act. the fools in charge there have no cajones. This state has exercised its rights for sovereignty.

Capt. Mike has it exactly right!!!! The "new" AZ law specifically prohibits overt racial profiling, but always remember that profiling in general is one of the most important tools of Law Enforcement, and is done all the time and always will be----------overt "racial profiling" is illegal, and has been for years in the USA, and remains so.

Sheriff Joe A. on Larry King last night said it all--------and I believe he is right on.

barry
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
[. A national id should be created and everyone should have to show it when pulled over/arrested by the cops...

I do agree with a drivers lic that has a legal residential affiliation on it. However, it has to be something that can't be forged
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
since no one at the fed level will step in and enforce SIMILAR laws on the books our state decided to do it themselves. the killing of a rancher was apparantly the last straw in the collective mind set of the state having to deal with the pressure of all these undocumented residents taxing our social resources and sending $$ out of the country to Mexico and elsewhere.

recently a Ranch Markets outlet was found to have 40 illegals working - all were let go.
nuff said...
it is simple - RESPECT our laws. if you want to come here DO IT according to the established protocol.

Wash DC won't act. the fools in charge there have no cajones. This state has exercised its rights for sovereignty.

Capt. Mike has it exactly right!!!! The "new" AZ law specifically prohibits overt racial profiling, but always remember that profiling in general is one of the most important tools of Law Enforcement, and is done all the time and always will be----------overt "racial profiling" is illegal, and has been for years in the USA, and remains so.

Sheriff Joe A. on Larry King last night said it all--------and I believe he is right on.

barry

Sheriff Joe got into trouble for racial profiling in Guadalupe (a suburb of Phoenix) a couple of years ago in his own effort to route the Mexican illegals.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 08:39 AM

Quote:
repealed it concealed weapon permit requirement, and wants to allow guns (for self-protection) in the schools....etc

Yes, we have leveled the playing field for gun owners. I am not a gun owner, but I agree with allowing folks to carry concealed. However, if you travel most parts of AZ there are areas that are as wide and open as the baja. Also, most stores and businesses have a sticker on the door with a pistol and a cross over it. This signify's that guns are not permitted on the prmisses. 99% of all bars and resturants have these stickers.

Lastly, but most importantly, my wife is a school Asst Superintendent in the Phoenix area, and all schools in AZ DO NOT ALLOW WEAPONS on campus, with the exception of police officers. I am not sure where you heard that, but that is not a true statemtent. Now, could you have read that some group wants to change the law to allow folks to carry a weapon on campus, that is possible.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
profiling in general is one of the most important tools of Law Enforcement, and is done all the time and always will be----------overt "racial profiling" is illegal, and has been for years in the USA, and remains so.

Everybody profiles. You do it at the grocery store....you do it at the mall...you do it when you walk down the street. It's a large part of being aware of your environment.
Animals do it amongst animals and with humans as well.
It's only police who arn't allowed to do it. That's ridiculous.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 08:48 AM

Quote:

nuff said...

Mike
I hope AZ creates a drivers lic that has residency information on it. I never carry my Passport or Sentri card with me and always leave them at home. I also no longer have my voter ID card, as you well know AZ used a paper card years ago, as it is floting down the salt river from tubing years ago. If I get pulled over I may need you to come get me out of jail if I only have a drivers lic. Oh. wait a minute, I am as white as a Quaker Rice cake, never mind, I will be fine.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Oh. wait a minute, I am as white as a Quaker Rice cake, never mind, I will be fine.

Use lots of sunblock. Hate to hear you were deported for having a good tan. :lol:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 08:59 AM

Quote:
Cortez

Mar 5, 2008 ... Arizona Weighs Bill to Allow Guns on Campuses ... PHOENIX — Horrified by recent campus shootings, a state lawmaker here has come up with a ...
www.nytimes.com/2008/03/05/us/05guns.html

Now, should we continue to ban sparklers? Since that is the issue of the day!

Helps distract from the sales tax increase (up to 10%) coming up soon. I will be sending my absentee ballot in soon

Quote:
repealed it concealed weapon permit requirement, and wants to allow guns (for self-protection) in the schools....etc

Yes, we have leveled the playing field for gun owners. I am not a gun owner, but I agree with allowing folks to carry concealed. However, if you travel most parts of AZ there are areas that are as wide and open as the baja. Also, most stores and businesses have a sticker on the door with a pistol and a cross over it. This signify's that guns are not permitted on the prmisses. 99% of all bars and resturants have these stickers.

Lastly, but most importantly, my wife is a school Asst Superintendent in the Phoenix area, and all schools in AZ DO NOT ALLOW WEAPONS on campus, with the exception of police officers. I am not sure where you heard that, but that is not a true statemtent. Now, could you have read that some group wants to change the law to allow folks to carry a weapon on campus, that is possible.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
There is some truth to what monoloco says... Many years ago, people from Mexico crossed the border easily to visit friends and family and went back... anywhere they wanted, not just at ports of entry... no big deal.

However, with the rise in drug smuggling then the 9-11 terrorist attack, the border was the only way to restrict the free flow of drugs and people across the border.

But, once across... instead of going back, it is far easier to just stay.
I know many workers who would come across the border in the early spring and follow the fruit harvest from California up to the northwest then return to Mexico in the late fall that now stay year round because of the difficulties of crossing the border. They struggle through the winter with no work and too much time on their hands, missing their families, this contributes to alcoholism, drug abuse, criminal activities and increases the social costs of illegal immigration. If the two political parties would just get real about immigration reform and stop using the issue as a wedge to gain political advantage they could come up with a common sense policy, but I guess they would rather use the issue to divide the country, after all it makes for a lot of good sloganeering.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:

barry

Sheriff Joe got into trouble for racial profiling in Guadalupe (a suburb of Phoenix) a couple of years ago in his own effort to route the Mexican illegals.

Sheriff Joe is notorius for "getting into trouble"---------he would not be doing his job right if he did not push the envelope once in a while, or often, for that matter. But so far he has survived, and flourished, and by and large his tactics have produced good results, thus he continously gets re-elected.

I applaud him--------wish we had more of his type.

Barry
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 10:18 AM

What is the "we". You live in Kalifornia. Now on the other hand maybe we should include in our new Arizona immigration law (yes not a federal immigration law) a check for Arizona residency. that we we can exclude Kailfornians... or at least make them pay for an Arizona Visa.
:spingrin::lol:

l
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:

barry

Sheriff Joe is notorius for "getting into trouble"---------he would not be doing his job right if he did not push the envelope once in a while, or often, for that matter. But so far he has survived, and flourished, and by and large his tactics have produced good results, thus he continously gets re-elected.

I applaud him--------wish we had more of his type.

Barry
:spingrin::lol:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 11:15 AM

there's a reason Joe Arpaio is so popular here - he ENFORCES THE LAWS.

my bet is he'll be governor next. he's no politician just a dedicated civil servant.
we need more sheriff Joe's in Washingdumb DC.
oh - did i mis spell Washingdumb.? it's WASHINGBUM....

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 11:26 AM

Funny how people are willing to ignore the hidden racism of this law simply because in their minds, "Its enforcing the law".

I read the actual law directly from the Arizona gov, and its obvious lawyers where very careful to use wording that would not technically get the state in trouble, but in reality, allow cops to stop anybody at any time.

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 11:27 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Carry guns What is this place? Are you folks out of your minds? Whats up with all the guns are there wild animals all over the place or is crime just rampant in Arizona.
I've seen the evil and it's name is Jan Brewer.

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Funny how people are willing to ignore the hidden racism of this law simply because in their minds, "Its enforcing the law".

Allright, Jesse. You're aware of the problem I believe. What would you do?
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 11:43 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
Quote:

Carry guns What is this place? Are you folks out of your minds? Whats up with all the guns are there wild animals all over the place or is crime just rampant in Arizona.
I've seen the evil and it's name is Jan Brewer.

Too many John Wayne movies.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE

Allright, Jesse. You're aware of the problem I believe. What would you do?

I don't have a problem against the US enforcing its laws, if they want to militarize the border and stop illegal immigration, thats your right. If you want to go after the businesses that hire illegals (who are truly the reason why this problem exists in the 1st place) thats great. I am all for anything that targets illegals, just as it doesn't involve me or any of the millions of legal, citizens, visitors, and residents.

I don't have a problem with immigration checkpoints, i don't have a problem with being asked if i am legal if i was for example, stopped for speeding or something.

What i do have problems with, is the very vague wording on this law, that seems to leave all the doors open for cops to pull you over and ask for proof of legality. I am sure many responsible cops won't abuse this law, but many others will.

I simply don't want to live or visit, a place where at any time, for anything, i can be pulled over and asked for my papers, what is this? The Soviet Union?

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 12:01 PM

not true.
probable cause still must be in evidence.
cops everywhere are being tightly trained on this to avoid abuse law suits.
still - before this many cops misbehaved - that will still go on - cause they're COPS. so WTF??
i don't much like getting pulled over either and have had my share of run ins with authoritative types with a badge. abuse is here for all colors man.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.