Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  6
Author: Subject: teen shot by border patrol
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 12:07 PM

Cell phone video, apologies if previously posted.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/06/10/texas.border.patrol.sho...

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 12:11 PM

That was murder, he wasn't surrounded, the kid was across the canal and clearly far away. :mad: This guy was just angry and killed the boy.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 12:26 PM
Opinions and Excrement

Are often amazingly similar. And, of similar value.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
, he wasn't surrounded, the kid was across the canal and clearly far away. :mad: This guy was just angry and killed the boy.

I don't know what he was thinking, but he clearly was not surrounded.

Where is the intl. line in the video? Down the center or where?

[Edited on 6-10-2010 by DENNIS]
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 12:32 PM

Wow, I am impressed that you guys can tell what happened by that video---------I sure can't.

Barry
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Wow, I am impressed that you guys can tell what happened by that video---------I sure can't.

Barry

Barry...After seeing the vid, is there any way it could be thought that he was surrounded? We can account for the whereabouts of everybody in it.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 12:42 PM

OK, I have watched the video 6 times now (having real problems downloading it)--------and I still don't have a clue what happened, or even who was shot--------good thing I am not on the "panal of inquiry". :rolleyes:

I am not sure what the "surrounded" issue has to do with the shooting------did the BP claim they were surrounded?

I need to go back and review this thread again, I guess.

Barry
Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 12:52 PM

Just watched it on CNN
not good for US relations at all
no one was surrounded
The BP guy had one and didn't want the other to get away

So he shot the kid

sold out and got out !!!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Timo1
Just watched it on CNN
not good for US relations at all
no one was surrounded
The BP guy had one and didn't want the other to get away

So he shot the kid

What I picked up on was the BP guy did have one down, and was being pelted by rocks from youths on the Mexico side ----he then apparently shot at the youths trying to drive them away??

So what is the problem here-------the BP agent was being assaulted
and he took defensive action--------I might have done the same (despite what Jesse feels).

The only reference I saw to him claiming he was "surrounded" was by a NOMAD, and have no idea where that info actually came from.

There apparently are other videos--------that hopefully will be better videos than the one I just watched (6 times) from a previous post which is highly inconclusive to me.

I am not alarmed yet---------we will see.

Barry
Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 01:05 PM

A shot in the air or something along those lines would kinda deter a 15 year old from throwing another rock

Dontcha think ??

sold out and got out !!!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Timo1
A shot in the air or something along those lines would kinda deter a 15 year old from throwing another rock

Dontcha think ??

No!!!!!!! It is totally against police policy to "shoot in the air" especially within a city (you have no idea where those bullets will go). When you shoot, you shoot to kill, period.

This may be ruled as unjustified------I have no idea, as I WAS NOT THERE, but we will just have to wait and see what the investigating team comes up with------do you have a better solution??

Barry
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 01:12 PM

Quote:
The only reference I saw to him claiming he was "surrounded" was by a NOMAD, and have no idea where that info actually came from.

That was reported on the San Diego evening news. Don't know where else.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 01:14 PM

The BP agent claimed he was surrounded by rock trowing illegals, he lied about that, the video clearly shows he wasn't.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
The BP agent claimed he was surrounded by rock trowing illegals, he lied about that, the video clearly shows he wasn't.

The video does NOT show that rocks were not thrown although it clearly shows he wasn't surrounded.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 01:22 PM

Quote:

-----he "lied about that"????? If you were being pelted by rocks, and you were below all the surrounding terraign, you just might think you "were surrounded", wouldn't you? (tho I have not personally seen that claim, but will except Dennis's word)

Man, you guys are sure ready to throw the BP Agent under the bus---------you definitely would NOT be selected for the Jury, thank goodness. :rolleyes:

Barry
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:

-----he "lied about that"????? If you were being pelted by rocks, and you were below all the surrounding terraign, you just might think you "were surrounded", wouldn't you? (tho I have not personally seen that claim, but will except Dennis's word)

Man, you guys are sure ready to throw the BP Agent under the bus---------you definitely would NOT be selected for the Jury, thank goodness. :rolleyes:

Barry

BP agent said he was surrounded, video shows he is not, if you want to go ahead and get OJ simpson excuses, thats fine. But to me after seeing that video, he murdered that kid.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Barry

BP agent said he was surrounded, video shows he is not, if you want to go ahead and get OJ simpson excuses, thats fine. But to me after seeing that video, he murdered that kid.

----sounds like a Lynch mob is forming--------vigilante action!!!
Is it still 1860 in La Paz????

Barry
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

thumbdown.gif posted on 6-10-2010 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
As far as Tonearent and his supposition, if I were wagering, I'd bet that the Video doesn't support it since the Border Patrol has seen it and is campaigning for the FBI to release it as support of their position.

This is not my supposition. Look up the word alleged in the dictionary. I took the statement from the original article. If you had quoted more of that paragraph you would have properly represented my objectivity: "Even if the allegations prove false, it is still wrong."

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 02:18 PM

This story is a classic bibical parable: Remember David and Goliath?
Whatever happened to the endearing American value/virtue that roots for the underdog?

What has happened to our humanity? What is seeming to emerge is a mainstream fascistic, fear based neo-conservatism. :?:

Well, if that is what you want, that's Democracy. The majority gets what it wants. You get to have murderers hiding behind badges and lethal weapons. Wow! Do I feel safe! :no::barf:

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 02:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Barry

----sounds like a Lynch mob is forming--------vigilante action!!!
Is it still 1860 in La Paz????

Barry

Plenty of things wrong in this nation, but fortunately, our cops with all of our problems, don't go around killing kids that trow rocks. Anyways, enough said on my part here, with this video, the agents original testimony, i am pretty confident the law will do whats fair.

Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.