Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Loreto Fishing Report
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 9-1-2010 at 08:38 PM

oooohhh boy!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2010 at 07:01 PM

As my usual hard headed self, I decided against the comments of the locals. Went way out last Monday looking for Big Dorado, Marlin, SF, and YF (25 miles past Punta Lobo). Not listening to my Mexican Panga Captains and friends who told me the area was void of fish. They were right. Nada nothing. On the way in we hit the buoy off Punta Lobo and caught five 10 to 20 pound Dorado....

Fished Tuesday to Wednesday outside San Bruno. Almost to Punta Perico. We caught several small Dorado. No SF or Marlin.

We fished Punta CO on Thursday. 50 to 500 yards off shore there were thousands of small schooling Dorado. They hit everything thrown at them. All five to 12 pound fish.

The Horizon prop plane was really really nice. On the bad side, there were only 25 passengers on each Friday flight. Not good! The temperature was not really bad while we where there. Although it looked like it got hot after we left.
bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2010 at 09:48 PM

Beats Work!
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 9-14-2010 at 09:01 AM
Wakemall

Thanks for the update.
I'm counting down the days till I'm back in good old LTO. :bounce:

And I just spoke to friends who went out yesterday and got several 25# dorado out past Punta Lobos. Yes!

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2010 at 09:01 PM

How far past and did they go north or south?

Thanks
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2010 at 07:54 AM

Wakemail:

Did you ever go about 25 to 30 miles off of Carmen on an 030 Heading??
When you do reach the Reef out there you will be at a 90 Degree from Punta Pulpito/

It was always a Favortie of mine at this time of year.

Glad you had a good time.

Skeet
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 9-15-2010 at 09:02 AM
Dorado

Quote:
Originally posted by wakemall
How far past and did they go north or south?

Thanks

They went due east and found a small line of seaweed......
trolled feathers and bingo!!

I'm guessing they were probably out at least 25 miles in the "blue water". I'll get more details later from the husband, he's out there again today. Buena suerte!

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.