Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:
Originally posted by chrisx
bad driving on mex 1 buy gringos is on topic
.....this is not a joke

Chris,
While you are selling those dictionaries.....check your spelling:light:

I need to buy $80 apiece German tires so I wont need pavement when my patches run out.
The $33 WTB tires don't have the bead for tubeless inflation, or I'm a bad mechanic? There must be a way to buy myself off Mex 1.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2010 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
That has got to be ****funniest**** statement I have ever read here at BN.Still laffing..........

McFez,
That's the funniest BN line?????:?::?:

You should read more than just your own posts....there's a ton of stuff here WAY funnier than that....:lol:

You have to get out more....read a bit more:light:

With respect to you, not sure what you are saying motoged.

I just though what I read from ANOTHER poster was funny, such as the one below.

sanquintinsince73
posted on 12-27-2010 at 08:41 PM

Hey ChrisX, when you first appeared here you were as nice as a big bowl of menudo. Now after your peddling suarez down the peninsula you come out swinging like a Joe Peluca doll. Did some
"Gringo wanna hump hump" honey break your heart down there?

It must be cold and 25 feet of snow up in your area of Canada. Ready for Baja? !

[Edited on 12-28-2010 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Tbone
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2010 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
McFez reed, hell he can't rite.

McFez,
That's the funniest BN line?????:?::?:

You should read more than just your own posts....there's a ton of stuff here WAY funnier than that....:lol:

You have to get out more....read a bit more:light:

Mas Pacifico
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2010 at 11:38 AM
Chrisx' Corner

Hey chris, you got your own little corner in "Off Topic" now...scoot, scoot

chrisx
Banned

Mood: baj nomad is broken

[*] posted on 12-28-2010 at 11:43 AM

By the way; anyone know where a jumbo sized Mexican mail order bike shop is? people are having trouble ordering bike parts from the US. No Baja shop has everything
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-28-2010 at 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfezWith respect to you, not sure what you are saying motoged. I just though what I read from ANOTHER poster was funny, .....

It must be cold and 25 feet of snow up in your area of Canada. Ready for Baja? ![Edited on 12-28-2010 by mcfez]

Okay, I will speak a bit slower:lol:

I get it that you were blowing coffee out your nose re: somebody else's funny post.....I just didn't think it was the funniest thing I ever read on BN....that's all:light:

As for the weather report for BC, it is several degrees above freezing, the snow is melting rather than falling, and I am always ready for Baja....just a few life events slowing down the prep for 2 weeks of dirtbiking Baja in February.... I sure hope things work out so I can make my pilgrimage.

:cool:

Don't believe everything you think....
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2010 at 11:58 AM

Suppose to freeze here in Diego next couple days. Don't we all long for Baja? and I just got back and I have to return in a couple weeks.

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2010 at 12:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mcfezWith respect to you, not sure what you are saying motoged. I just though what I read from ANOTHER poster was funny, .....

It must be cold and 25 feet of snow up in your area of Canada. Ready for Baja? ![Edited on 12-28-2010 by mcfez]

Okay, I will speak a bit slower:lol:

I get it that you were blowing coffee out your nose re: somebody else's funny post.....I just didn't think it was the funniest thing I ever read on BN....that's all:light:

As for the weather report for BC, it is several degrees above freezing, the snow is melting rather than falling, and I am always ready for Baja....just a few life events slowing down the prep for 2 weeks of dirtbiking Baja in February.... I sure hope things work out so I can make my pilgrimage.

:cool:

Well I do hope that you make the pilgrimage.....I am expecting to see some great photos from you. My Irish luck to you Sir.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 02:12 PM

Quote:

Why is it that you choose to be more holy than the highway crowd and do you get some kind of moral superiority out of thinking that you are the only one in the world that is cool enough to go into the back country with a Mountain Bike in Baja and then make snide political comments about someone's political persuasion just because it is different than yours. That certainly shows some real in-depth thinking and evaluation on your part.

I rode most of that same section with a couple of friends and actually ended up in Scorpion Bay and then back and knew that when I hit the highway, that the game had changed and I had to take into account that the highway was primarily there for a whole different useage. And, to top it off, I happen to prefer listening to Rush Limbaugh and (God Forbid) Glenn Beck because I happen to see the world in a very similar political vein. But I have the maturity and decency to not get into a diatribe about how you are wrong not to see things the same way I do, but I would imagine I could find some commanality to share with you about the trip even though you are so blind sided politically.

Funny, I couldn't find a thing in the post that you cite that makes a reference to the politics of the original poster. You, on the other hand, seem to one big chip on your shoulder.

What the original poster stated was that he really enjoyed doing what he did, as, aparently you did, too. But then, he also relayed his experiences on Highway One, which supports my own riding experience down the Peninsula some years ago. And that is; that Mexicans seem to take foreign bicyclers in stride and willingly share the road, while a few Americans (can't say that I remember any rude Canadians on my trip) seem to want to run them over. If you saw some politics in that statement, that's a reflection on your politics, not his. When I (a progressive) see a bicycle rider on the Transpeninsular, I think "more power to you!" and little else. Wonder what it is about so many of the Rush/Beck crowd that makes them so "like that"? (now that, my conservative friend, is a political view).
roadhog
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 08:42 PM

INCROYABLE. TdF biking. France you know... I cycle....
Gee itsa long trip. LONG. Out in the middle of ....LONG. If you get saddle sores then LONGER. Tough ride. develop all kinds of bike wierdness vs Chevy drivers.
If a car comes up then get off the road. Its not like there's a stream of traffic. And it is dangerous. A semi crash went by me past big mesa in the High badlands while I was eating lunch on a knob. Soon, I expect to see a tail dragging Caravan with 7 people, Granny, a dead goat and roll of reinforcing mesh on the roof rack pass me, go straight on at the next corner over the cliff. That's it.
Its not like I'm holding up traffic.
roadhog
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisx
By the way; anyone know where a jumbo sized Mexican mail order bike shop is? people are having trouble ordering bike parts from the US. No Baja shop has everything

try UNIVERSAL CYCLES (online) in Portland, OR
then UPS
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.