Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  12
Author: Subject: SEE UPDATE: Stolen Boat & Trailer
jenny.navarrette
Banned

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 08:42 PM

Your boat probably never left Cabo.

On 3/3/2011 he told another prospect he was still in Cabo and ready to haul his boat.
http://www.uship.com/shipment/Bertram-30ft-Moppie/738082059/

He is still bidding on boat hauls:
He put in a bid on 3/16/2011 to haul a boat from Huntington Beach to Puerto Vallarta.
http://www.uship.com/shipment/macgregor-25s/637891012/

Another bid on 3/16/2011 to haul a boat from Oxxnard to Puerto Vallarta.
http://www.uship.com/shipment/1995-mako-282-on-trailer/95149...

Watch that website and contact the people he is bidding with and you'll know where to catch him. The person in Oxnard is his brother, Bob Connolly, who is a boat broker.

No hay de que.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 09:24 PM

Damn good work jenny.navarrette !!!!!

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2011 at 09:41 PM

x2 on damn fine work.

he screwed a nomad and a fellow fisherman.. I don't know most of the nomads...but I will defend any fisherman who loses his boat to a thief....let's really attempt to F#$% up his life and business including all who are associated with him.

let us know how we can help
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 05:58 AM

I wrote to U ship to let them know what has been going on with jim and the missing boat . We'll see if they write back . Also tried to get onto their forum to let others know about jim / no luck .could anyone else try to get the message on their forum .

Would still like to have his cell phone and email adress :bounce:
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 06:58 AM

Jim was acepted as the shipper for moving the boat from Oxxnard to Puerto Vallarta .

Here is who he won the bid from http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/qball-express-andr... sounds like a there are alot of these guys out there
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 07:33 AM

Just finished reading this thread. Did I miss anything regarding mentioning of a reward being offered for the return & conviction of the thief? I'd love to see that it turned out to be Mr. Connelly. Posting pictures around all the marina's by fellow nomads would help. copies to all marina towns law enforcements also would help. I agree. This boat might still be in Cabo. With the decals removed,d and the name painted over, and a different colored canvas bimini.
Are the license plates on the trailer 'current'?
They might even be removed by now.
Antonio: Your the greatest. Another reason we always stay at your motel & gas up going & coming. support those who support us!!!!!!
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 08:07 AM

According to info in that complaint link: "... you need current & valid CDL, DOT, MC and ICC #S and not displayed on the side of your owned or leased legal trucks like all legal commercial trucks must running DOT hrs & log books. You need proper government authority to transport for hire and to be legal. ... [and] Companies that operate commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce must be registered with the FMCSA and must have a USDOT Number."

So a lot more complaints with federal and state agencies could be lodged against him. Also, contact his broker the boat broker who may be licensed, and lay it on heavy with him as a conspirator in these crimes. The brother may lead you to him.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 08:22 AM

I heard there is an American in El Rosario that is fleeing from the IRS due to failure to pay taxes. I do not know his name but as you drive through El Rosario on your way out of town he has a house on the left with two bulldozers parked in front that are for sale. That may be him. Who knows!

PS: Sorry toneart I just saw this and I am now back home. The above information may be a good lead.

[Edited on 3-22-2011 by ELINVESTIG8R]

latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 09:28 AM

Thank you friends for the continuing flow of good suggestions.

McFez re. IP addresses, we don't have a clue how to do that...

msteve: Thankyou for personally checking out the boatyards. Interesting that nobody knew of him there.

jenny.navarrette: Good detective work! Your idea that the boat never left the La Paz region is a possibility in light of all the other info. and how interesting that the day after he took our boat he told another potential client that he was IN CABO.

ligui: Thanks for contacting uShip. I have looked all over that site for a complaint section and didn't see one.

Phil S: We have not offered a reward because until Friday we didn't even know our boat & trailer were STOLEN. That was the day we reached JIM CONNOLLY (he probably only answered his cellphone because he didn't recognize our new number). We are not in Mexico for another week and so our hands are tied until then to go to the Policia Federal with all of our FACTS.
Unfortuntely unless the boat has been stored in a bodega somewhere, you are right that the decals, name and plates would all be removed. Sadly in BCS there would be more value selling the outboard and aluminum trailer separately from "La Tina".

wilderone: The complaint link has a lot of good information. We are now certain that JIM CONNOLLY would not have had the legal right to be conducting business between the USA and Mexico or in Mexico for that matter. The crime supposedly took place in Mexico and the US authorities told us that they do not work together with the Mexican authorities and do not have a free flow of information with them.
We will try to track down "Bob Connolly" and see what light he may shed on JIM CONNOLLY.

ElvinVestig8R: That is very interesting about the American with IRS problems in El Rosario. We assumed JIM CONNOLLY has been crossing between S. California and Baja because we saw another customer's boat and trailer at the Marina Hotel in La Paz where we put him up, but it has been suggested to us that someone else brings the boats across the border to him.

Yesterday was a Mexican holiday and since we only found out about the theft on Friday we have not been able to speak to our Mexican contacts about our options until today.

Trying to deal with this kind of situation while we are not in Mexico is overwhelming, so thanks again to all you good samaritans for your help and advise.
jenny.navarrette
Banned

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ligui
Would still like to have his cell phone and email address

805-712-1780
connollycorp@yahoo.com
California Drivers License: A8506549
El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 10:28 AM
cell phone look-up

This website will list an address in Oxnard and Templeton, CA for that cell number, for a fee of course. FWIW.
Buen Suerte.

http://www.intelius.com/results.php?ReportType=33&qp=805...

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 10:31 AM

I believe he is friends with the Baja Best B&B. Check there
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by latina
It's getting worse... JIM CONNOLLY has lied to us about a whole lot more than not being insured.

One week to the day after he picked up our boat in La Paz we have a confirmed sighting of JIM CONNOLLY and his girlfriend "Dulce" and baby heading northbound WITHOUT OUR BOAT & TRAILER in the Loreto area, which is completely contrary to the story he told us about being broken down for several days with his truck and our property, in Ensenada.

This really begs the question: Where was our property mid-day March 9th when he assured us that our property was safe and sound WITH HIM IN ENSENADA while he was trying to repair his broken down truck???

Now we have no reason to believe the story that his friend from Oxnard was driving down to finish our delivery because his truck obviously was not broken down in Ensenada the day we talked to him on his cellphone. He apparently was in the Loreto area.

Given all this and the fact that he is not answering either of his cellphones or our emails we have strong reason to believe that he knows EXACTLY where OUR boat, outboard motor and trailer are.

odd that he would steal an inexpensive boat, trailer and motor. seems like he would target a bigger fish, and fulfill transport agreements for the smaller fish.

perhaps he misjudged the victims tenacity. if you keep after him you should be able to get him and his accomplices

nomad is a great place to get free detective work, lots of people eager to help right a wrong.

of course, it may be that someone stole the boat from him or he damaged the boat -- and he concocted a lie to cover the fact that he is self-insured and has no assets or willingness to pay for his mistake.

[Edited on 3-22-2011 by mtgoat666]
capitolkat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 02:05 PM

Saw a boat that looked like the one in question in La paz yesterday and did a U and chased it for a couple of miles and caught up only to find it was a Triumph with a black Merc that looked like a Suzuki as he passed me going the other way. I'll keep my eyes open. Norm

Life is too short to drink bad wine
fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capitolkat
Saw a boat that looked like the one in question in La paz yesterday and did a U and chased it for a couple of miles and caught up only to find it was a Triumph with a black Merc that looked like a Suzuki as he passed me going the other way. I'll keep my eyes open. Norm

thanks for doing that kat.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 02:20 PM

You folks are the best. Thankyou
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 02:46 PM

Hey Norm, that was me!!;D Nice T-top, huh?? I also have my eyes open for a Carolina Skiff in the area latina! I am at ramps at least 2 days a week, maybe more if the fishing would pick up. Good Luck!

Keep your eyes on the road, and your hands upon the wheel!
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 03:32 PM
A slight hi-jack

In no means is this meant to brush aside the problem that latina is having but I hope she doesn't mind that I do not want to fall into the same trap.

I am looking to hire someone to transport my 5th wheel from the Los Angeles area to Loreto.

I have found someone that is willing to do it and HE COULD BE THE MOST HONEST PERSON IN THE WORLD SO THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NO SLIGHT AGAINST HIM OR HIS COMPANY.

After reading this thread I got a little paranoid about having a stranger pick up my trailer so hopefully a little good can come out of latina'a misfortune.

Has anyone had any dealings with Tom Kenopic of kenopic
tow? What are the proper questions to asking him and what type of documentation should he have to verify that he is as honest as he appears to be? The 5th wheel is registered in my name and I will not be traveling with him so does that open another can of worms?

Again, I have no reason to believe that he is not an upstanding person but this subject has made me a little nervous.
Thank you
Howard

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
In no means is this meant to brush aside the problem that latina is having but I hope she doesn't mind that I do not want to fall into the same trap.

I am looking to hire someone to transport my 5th wheel from the Los Angeles area to Loreto.

I have found someone that is willing to do it and HE COULD BE THE MOST HONEST PERSON IN THE WORLD SO THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NO SLIGHT AGAINST HIM OR HIS COMPANY.

After reading this thread I got a little paranoid about having a stranger pick up my trailer so hopefully a little good can come out of latina'a misfortune.

Has anyone had any dealings with Tom Kenopic of kenopic
tow? What are the proper questions to asking him and what type of documentation should he have to verify that he is as honest as he appears to be? The 5th wheel is registered in my name and I will not be traveling with him so does that open another can of worms?

Again, I have no reason to believe that he is not an upstanding person but this subject has made me a little nervous.
Thank you
Howard

A piece of mind would be to install a gps tracking device hidden deep in the trailer/boat. They are relatively cheap these days, and you can track the device online, so you will know as soon as they deviate from the planned route.

I have worked in the construction industry and we started installingthese items on many high dollar items that could easily walk off or be towed off, many arrests have been accredited to these devices as you can track you property to with 10'. I believe dewalt now makes one. the vice one look like part of the engine or a smoke detector, so they are hard to spot.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 03:49 PM

Interesting. From the USA, could I track the trailer in Baja? It sounds like you can track your teenage kids as well!

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Pages:  1    3    5  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.