Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Pics of what you are eating right now
EmeraldDawn
Junior Nomad

Mood: Boingy.

[*] posted on 10-7-2011 at 07:58 PM

I think it is the wide pictures that stretch the screen.

Still puzzled by the grown-ups. Still happy in the sunshine.
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo

Yeah, we have pretty much tested the limits of that technique. The problem is with having a cheeseburger liquified means that you have to either reduce it down with water, milk, juice or beef/chicken base. I am having fun with all the possible combinations though.

Why do you have to limit yourself to water, milk, juice or beef/chicken base ..:?:..:?: I can see you're obviously not fully recovered, Ron. Where's that old creativity?? What's wrong with a TECATE beer reduction recipe. Hey, sounds good to me..Cheese burger and a beer??? Only seems natural. Would you like a side of "paradise" with that order... :lol:..:lol:..:lol:

[Edited on 10-8-11 by KASHEYDOG]

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Timo1
Who keeps the screen expanded.....Kinda ruins the thread.

As Emerald Dawn stated... a photo posted here that is over 800 pixels wide will stretch the screen and require sidways scrolling.

I know Roger is trying, but when you upload from your PC files to Photobucket... remember to click 'Customize your upload options' (link in blue at bottom of pop up you get when you click 'upload now')

Then pick 640 x 480 (I recommend) for a large, but not full frame image here. I only use 800 x 600 for maps or satellite imgaes usually for max. detail viewing.

Click SAVE... then upload your photos to Photobucket... Use the 'IMG' code and paste that link right here with your text/ captions... You can post several photos but I think no more than a dozen per post is wise.

Here is the same image at different sizes, up to 800:

160 pixels wide

320 pixels

640 pixels

800 pixels

The standard Photobucket upload size is over 1000 pixels wide, that is why you need to pre-select a smaller size before uploading photos that you want to share here or on other forums that don't automatically resize images.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 10:06 AM

I wish I could blend it with something else (like a cadillac margarita for example) but the meds they have me on right now and booze simply do not mix...

:(

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 10:31 AM

A big fat omelette, but my dumb ass still can't figure out how to post a pic link from Facebook.

[Edited on 10-8-2011 by ateo]

bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 12:06 PM

My wife and her sister are cooking up the dorado I brought home on Tuesday! Fresh fish tacos, homemade salsa and guacamole!!!!:biggrin:

Keep your eyes on the road, and your hands upon the wheel!
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 01:49 PM
For Lunch Today

For hubby's lunch, I split and broiled some Chorizos Argentina, added some Queso Monterrey to melt and served with Heinz Sweet Pickle relish on whole grain bread with broccoli on the side.

For dessert, the revered (on this board) Mexican Magnum Almendras ice cream bar.

Sorry, no pics, it got eaten too quickly, but, thanks to Pompano, Nomads know what a Magnum ice cream bar looks like. (Hint: Guilty Pleasure) :yes:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 02:08 PM

Well OK, if you must know...:mad:.. I'm at work and the closest thing we could get to Mexican food was " El Pollo Loco "...:rolleyes:..:yawn:..

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 02:16 PM

I was under the impression that one was to POST a photo of what one is eating?:?:

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 02:22 PM

[Edited on 10-8-2011 by BajaGringo]

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 02:23 PM

Smoked Pork Ribs over Applewood smoke!!!

[Edited on 10-8-2011 by Bob H]

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 02:32 PM

NOW this post has become mouthwatering!

Udo

bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 02:40 PM

I am thinking that Bob H just won... well at least in my books. JH:P
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 02:43 PM

Here is what I just finished making and we are ready to eat:

Cooked at 650 degrees, about 6 minutes.

Presentation before cooking

[Edited on 10-8-2011 by Udo]

Udo

Kalypso
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 03:03 PM

Udo, is that a Big Green Egg? Pizza on the grill is soooo good and yours looks spectacular.

Bob H., in what part of San Diego do you live...I'll be right over :biggrin:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalypso
Udo, is that a Big Green Egg? Pizza on the grill is soooo good and yours looks spectacular.

I know where Bob lives and I am hungry!!!:lol:
(hey Bob, I bought lunch last!)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 03:12 PM

For this to be posted right after Ron's soup should be considered cruel and unusual punishment! :biggrin:

Dang those ribs look good-----one can almost smell them cooking through the computer.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Smoked Pork Ribs over Applewood smoke!!!

[Edited on 10-8-2011 by Bob H]

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 03:34 PM

Yes, DK, it is a LARGE Big Green Egg. I added the cart so I can have some working room.
Sometime in the next month I'll order a stoker kit
http://www.biggreeneggsperience.com/Stoker.html

The EGG has replaced a BBQ, a gas BBQ, a smoker, an oven, plus a brick pizza oven!
I initially was going to purchase a small electric pizza oven, but this jewel does a much better job. I am still experimenting with pre-heat temperatures. The pizza dough is right on-the-money with Caputo 00 flour...perfect bread-to-crust ratio. I dropped off two pies to bajabound 2005 about 6 weeks ago, and they really loved it.
And, yes, I am bringing the Egg to Baja.

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by Kalypso

I know where Bob lives and I am hungry!!!:lol:
(hey Bob, I bought lunch last!)

Udo

KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 05:41 PM

OK HONEY I'M HOME FOR DINNER...........:bounce:..:yes:..:bounce:...Where's my rib eye ??

[Edited on 10-9-11 by KASHEYDOG]

STEAK FOR NOMADS 2.JPG - 40kB

EmeraldDawn
Junior Nomad

Mood: Boingy.

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 06:06 PM

I am not eating anything at this exact moment, but what I did eat a short time ago was a big cotton-candy flavored ice cream. I took a picture but the focus didn't seem too good so I won't inflict it on you - which is sad because it was REALLY livid pink and blue. You'd have loved it!

However what we found and will be eating soon are ghostly espejos (also a squash, but we won't be eating that quite so soon):

Well, what I say is, it's sometimes a bit scary having no grown-ups around but it does mean you can eat LOTS of sweets and not have to worry about "real food".

Though I've got to say those ribs and that pizza look mighty good. We have some cheese empenadas.

Still puzzled by the grown-ups. Still happy in the sunshine.
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.