Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Orphanage "Buena Vida Casa Hogar" in La Mision fund Raiser
cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2011 at 08:49 AM

It was very nice meeting my fellow Nomad Tirpledigitken! Ken donated all the plates, bowls and flatware for the orphanage! Thank You!! We are looking forward to you coming down to visit and take pictures of the kids for us. You will really appreciate what we are doing there!

Carlita and Esteban
cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2011 at 09:12 AM

Baja Medic, John and Deb, THANK YOU!!! Your donation will keep the kids warm and upgrade the whole playground!!! New gravel so the kids won't be walking around in mud. New sand so the kids can play and not get hurt. New paint so the paint chips on the picnic tables and swing set will look new and we will still have money left over to buy food! I will be going to the Food Warehouse in Ensenada to spend what ever we have left. Thank You so much! It sounds like your dad loved Baja as much as I do!! Pictures will follow, after our upgrade is finished!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Carlita and Esteban
cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2011 at 07:58 PM

bump

Carlita and Esteban
cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2011 at 07:31 AM

Had the Mini Putt fund raiser for the kids Dec 17th. Raised $160 to go towards non-perishables..
Thank You All!!

Carlita and Esteban
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2011 at 08:18 AM

cjesme, check your u2u...

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 09:30 AM

Hi Bajacat! I just replied to U2U
Thank you for your interest in helping!!

Carlita

Carlita and Esteban
cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2011 at 01:48 AM

Wrapping day Tuesday!!!!!

Carlita and Esteban
bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 12-20-2011 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cjesme
Wrapping day Tuesday!!!!!

cjesme, thank you for what you are doing for the kids. JH:saint:
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2011 at 09:22 AM

cjesme please check u2u

john m
LFUENTES7

smile.gif posted on 4-12-2012 at 09:44 AM
Buena Vida Orphanage

Hello Nomad friends,

My name is Luis Fuentes and recently returned from visiting Buena Vida A. C. (Casa Hogar) or Buena Vida Orphanage.

Since I noticed several folks were able to contribute last winter I decided to ask about the recurring assistance being provided.

In any case, I was also hoping for some additional information on the Buena Vida Orphanage since they indeed need a lot of help and are in need of basic food supplies, building materials and would like to setup recurring donations for each child -they currently have 29 children under their care. One of them "Vicky" is turning 15 years old on April 21, 2012 and needs donations for her birthday celebration.

Please contact me at 310.987.8766 in case you want to make any donations. My church is also going to make a special collection to obtain cash for basic foodstuffs and supplies. My intention is to provide direct assistance to Mercedes and Gabriel Diego, as they are currently administering this orphanage.

May God bless you.

-Luis Fuentes

P. S. I attend Anza Baptist Church in Torrance, CA.

https://www.facebook.com/buenavida.orfanatorio

Quote:
Originally posted by cjesme

Hi my Nomad Friends,
It is that time of year again!!
I have found a small orphanage here in La Mision (Baja) that needs much help. There are 30 children that reside at the home.
I am looking to raise 30 blanket donations(new), 30 bed pillows(new) that I can wrap for each child.
I will have individual Christmas Bags made up for each child.
The Orphanage just had their electricity turned back on by a very giving American and it is very cold down here right now! This orphanage is soooo sad.
It is called" Buena Vida Casa Hogar" it is located right here in La Mision. Anything you can do to spread the word would be wonderful!!
Any monetary donations that you can send will purchase the items we need.
We track "ALL" donations and receipts for you to see!
We will need time to purchase all items so we ask that the donations are received prior to Dec. 18th

Carla Jesme
629 South Kalmia
Escondido, CA 92025
Mex Land Line # 646-155-1088
Cell Phone # 760-807-9353
Magic Jack # 760-666-1072
email: cjesme@yahoo.com

Once Again,Thank you for you help!:wow:

[Edited on 11-27-2011 by cjesme]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2012 at 08:05 AM

welcome to BajaNomad Luis - your first post is a most beautiful one !! One of these days I must get over to the orphanage .... Where is Carlos Slim when we need him ?? A little donation from his pocket would make a world of difference here....

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 4-13-2012 at 01:35 PM
Is this the place started by Gabriel Diego?

Gabe started out life in the valley and spent most of his younger years at the La Puerta de Fe orphanage.
He was also involved in one of the La Fonda restaurant and bars some time back.
This place was started, I hear, as an "old folks home" and is now an orphanage.
Same place?
Just wondering....
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2012 at 09:43 AM
Can someone answer my simple question???

You are all so busy "Bumping"
Stop, read, respond
Put the "bump" in the "Dump"
LFUENTES7

[*] posted on 4-14-2012 at 04:11 PM
Buena Vida A. C. Orphanage

All,

It is important to know that this orphanage needs all the help they can get -it does not matter who is running it if they are following Jesus Christ and Christian faith principles.

I hope you can help.

May God Bless You.

-Luis Fuentes
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2012 at 04:17 PM
Did I hit a sore spot??!!

Quote:
Originally posted by LFUENTES7
All,

It is important to know that this orphanage needs all the help they can get -it does not matter who is running it if they are following Jesus Christ and Christian faith principles.

I hope you can help.

May God Bless You.

-Luis Fuentes

Some folks run orphanages for the benefit of the kids (Good!)

Some folks run orphanages to benefit themselves (Not Good!!)

I still would like to know which one started your place?
Cuz I have my suspicions....
Just wondering,
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2012 at 04:31 PM

cjesme is the only one who MIGHT be able to answer the question about how the orpahanage started and she is obviously traveling/unavailable and not on the internet today .... have patience and your question will soon be answered BajaRunner !!

In the meantime the bumping is to get the word out that the kids need food on the table.....also, I think there is a lot of info on the background and photos of the kids on facebook ....

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
LFUENTES7

[*] posted on 4-14-2012 at 05:55 PM
BUENA VIDA A. C. Orphanage Needs Help not Suspicion

Bajarunner et al,

What possible benefit do you get out of posting your suspicions -do you have any proof of anyone profiting from trying to provide help for these kids?

I know the answer to your question and chose not to disclose all the details of the management as a non profit organization because it is being formalized in the U. S.

In the meantime, here is some information to help you decide to send a biweekly donation if you decide to help.

This orphanage is in dire need of help for the 29 children that are been fed three times a day and are being cared for by Mercedes, Gabriel, Eloisa, Diego and others.

These folks are doing this out if charity and do not earn any income from any donation. Mercedes worked at another orphanage where she grew up and met her husband and Eloisa takes care of 14 girls 5-to-15 years old and Diego Barajas takes care of 15 boys 4-to-12 years old.

The Anonymous Society (A. C.) in Mexico is the legal classification of a non profit organization -Gabriel and others (like me) are trying to file and obtain all the IRS paperwork to officially make this a non profit organization recognized by the US government -in the meantime, food and supplies are desperately needed and cannot wait.

Finally, it appears that you have a chip on your shoulder about Gabriel Diego; all I can tell you is that I've learned that each and everyone of these kids were either abused, or suffered hunger living out on the streets or were removed from their parents due to legal problems with one parent or another -some do not have one or both parents, just like Gabriel Diego -he grew up in an orphanage and now runs this one as a Christian mission.

So if you like to help, please contact Clara, myself or anyone willing to work for these needy kids and avoid using this as a platform to display your un-founded concerns.

I can be reached by phone if you like more details vis-a-vis my three (3) day trip to the orphanage.

May God Bless all helpers and cheerful givers.

-Luis Fuentes
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2012 at 08:25 PM
Thank you for answering my question

Quote:
Originally posted by LFUENTES7
Bajarunner et al,

What possible benefit do you get out of posting your suspicions -do you have any proof of anyone profiting from trying to provide help for these kids?

I know the answer to your question and chose not to disclose all the details of the management as a non profit organization because it is being formalized in the U. S.

In the meantime, here is some information to help you decide to send a biweekly donation if you decide to help.

This orphanage is in dire need of help for the 29 children that are been fed three times a day and are being cared for by Mercedes, Gabriel, Eloisa, Diego and others.

These folks are doing this out if charity and do not earn any income from any donation. Mercedes worked at another orphanage where she grew up and met her husband and Eloisa takes care of 14 girls 5-to-15 years old and Diego Barajas takes care of 15 boys 4-to-12 years old.

The Anonymous Society (A. C.) in Mexico is the legal classification of a non profit organization -Gabriel and others (like me) are trying to file and obtain all the IRS paperwork to officially make this a non profit organization recognized by the US government -in the meantime, food and supplies are desperately needed and cannot wait.

Finally, it appears that you have a chip on your shoulder about Gabriel Diego; all I can tell you is that I've learned that each and everyone of these kids were either abused, or suffered hunger living out on the streets or were removed from their parents due to legal problems with one parent or another -some do not have one or both parents, just like Gabriel Diego -he grew up in an orphanage and now runs this one as a Christian mission.

So if you like to help, please contact Clara, myself or anyone willing to work for these needy kids and avoid using this as a platform to display your un-founded concerns.

I can be reached by phone if you like more details vis-a-vis my three (3) day trip to the orphanage.

May God Bless all helpers and cheerful givers.

-Luis Fuentes

Let's take this up off Nomad,
Making life as good as possible for the kids is the issue here,
the other "stuff" we can discuss in private.
LFUENTES7

[*] posted on 12-21-2012 at 01:46 PM

Dear Baja Nomad Friends,

During the upcoming days I will be delivering items donated by the Anza Baptist Church to the 29 children at the Buena Vida Orphanage. My hope is to pray with these kids and to teach them the history of the birth of Jesus Christ and to worship God, sing, dance and celebrate Christmas.

Thank you for all your support in helping the kids enjoy Christmas as a true celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. Also, I will be delivering toys donated by the Cheers for Children organization and items from Corazon de Vida.

Thank you God Almighty for making this possible and for allowing others and me to worship and celebrate and honor Your name.

May God Bless You!

-Luis Fuentes
310.303.9034 (New Phone)

LIST OF DONORS BY ORGANIZATION OR NAME

ANZA BAPTIST CHURCH
CHEERS FOR CHILDREN
CORAZON DE VIDA
FUENTES FAMILY

P. S. The Child of Hope Organization is collecting one time and recurring donations for this orphanage. Please access the following site if you are interested in helping these children. URL:

www.achildshopefoundation.org/buena_vida.html
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.