Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Islandbuilder
Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater
I know very well what Monkey Wrench means..........now read the rest of my statement....maybe read it several times out loud.......while looking in the mirror....so that you understand what was actually said vs the accusation you propagate......

Cool.

A measuring contest! Since I'm well past 14 I don't think I need to play;D

It might be a good idea, since more than one of us is mis-understanding your intent, that you re-state your point using different words.

All I can come up with is that you're differentiating Monkey Wrenching fishing activities, and the boats themselves? That is too subtle a difference to justify your defensiveness, again, IMHO.

It's too bad that you're not still the innocent 14 yo that I'm sure you were....and I've learned not to argue with folks like you with any words......because your mind is closed and you've passed judgement within yourself......and I'm sure it wasn't you who stopped to make sure my friend and I were OK in the middle of nowhere with a flat tire.....I'd guess you'd just drive by and wave.........:tumble:

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 07:26 PM

hey dennis!.....isn't it cool that some other guys have picked up the baton???

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

Mood: bewildered

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 07:27 PM

Sweetwater, amigo. I don't mean to argue, and I doubt I've ever passed someone in need and not stopped to help, just like I assume that you do as well.

I just didn't understand your statement as I guess you intended it, and asked for clarification. I may be too dense to get it, or your words may not be as clear as you think they are, but, in the interest of advancing the conversation I needed to better understand what you were trying to say.

That's all....no indictment, no personal slams, no assumptions about your latent or blatant goodness, just saying I don't see how "Monkey Wrenching" means anything other than physical sabotage.

Either clarify it, or don't, but don't get so worked up over someone not understanding.

I've participated enough in this hijack, sorry, so I'll re-take my seat on the sidelines.
Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
hey dennis!.....isn't it cool that some other guys have picked up the baton???

I always try and take the heavy end, just to be a good helper!:saint:
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 07:34 PM

on this forum, usually both ends of the baton are heavy....good luck.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
on this forum, usually both ends of the baton are heavy....good luck.

Heavy, OK.

Sticky, not OK.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-20-2011 at 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Islandbuilder
Quote:
I know very well what Monkey Wrench means..........now read the rest of my statement....maybe read it several times out loud.......while looking in the mirror....so that you understand what was actually said vs the accusation you propagate......

Cool.

A measuring contest! Since I'm well past 14 I don't think I need to play;D

It might be a good idea, since more than one of us is mis-understanding your intent, that you re-state your point using different words.

All I can come up with is that you're differentiating Monkey Wrenching fishing activities, and the boats themselves? That is too subtle a difference to justify your defensiveness, again, IMHO.

not much difference between wanting to see sabotage and recommending sabotage and committing sabotage.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-20-2011 at 07:34 AM

Quote:
No where do I suggest sabotage....

Quote:
It's too bad there is no way to Monkey Wrench an activity like those commercial boats.

[Edited on 12-20-2011 by mtgoat666]
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2011 at 07:52 AM

"Monkey Wrench"
I'm not saying I'd condone it but when the fisheries, commercial, government and sports interest, are not getting results and yet all agree something needs to be done you'll see the hard core zealots from all sides taking action that may not be lawful.
Sometimes that's what gets the ball rolling. Good or bad?

[Edited on 12-20-2011 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2011 at 12:07 PM

Greed is wanting more than you need, more than you deserve, and wanting and pursuing the acqusition of something that really doesn't belong to you.... and then there is also the profit motive.

The other thing about greed is that it is often a significant part of human nature and it is everwhere. So, what to do?

Regulate appropriately and enforce those regulations rigorously and persistently. If that isn't done, then those who are greedy, clever and who have the means will prevail. It is really that simple.

If Mexico doesn't have the will to enforce its regulations, then all will eventually be lost.

[Edited on 12-26-2011 by MitchMan]
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 12-26-2011 at 12:19 PM

Right now I'm fishing in the marsh country of LA/MS, catching plenty of fish. Red fish, speckled trout, with a few fresh water catfish on the trot line, 15 lbs. and 5 lbs. last night. Didn't re-bait it, got more fish than a family can eat already. Bragging? You bet! The fish are there because of regulations and enforcement. Too bad the powers that be in Baja lack the will/guts to save the fisheries in the Sea of Cortez.:(
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-26-2011 at 12:44 PM

on the DAY this thread started tis fisherman did't have ANY trouble filling the boat

the fish are out there you just need to go fishing

m.jpg - 36kB

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.