BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: WD 40
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 08:07 AM

Number one, please note that a specification grade receptacle is different from a standard receptacle. Sort of like comparing a Michelin tire to a Serene Butterfly brand made by the People's Liberation Army. Next to the pounding surf I do NOT want to change receptacles ever again. With multiple strand only available wire here I solder 14 gauge X # 6 terminal block fork terminals onto the wire. Many spec grade receptacles have wire insert holes on the rear that clamp down with the side clamping screws. Then I do not have to solder.

Number two: A similar mirror buffed untreated strap was pulled up from the dock in Sta Rosalia and was totally brown and badly pitted. So badly pitted that if one had rubbed it lightly across the skin it would have drawn blood. One side of this strap had been sprayed with WD 40 until it dripped. Upon pulling it out I could not tell which side had had the WD 40 applied to it.

I am far too cheap to save a dollar and lose 100. All my battery chargers have been disassembled and the internals have been coated with the witches brew. Same for expensive LED flashlights, 190 LED rechargeable floodlight, GE spiral light bulbs, everything. No more Ben Franklin's flying out of my wallet because of laziness.

I have been gardening all my life when I have the place and the time to do it. My place in Michoacan has 32 haden mango trees. Jesus and Eduardo call me a manguero. I am importing a half ton of compost to be mixed with a ton of steer manure for my garden here. I have brought 7 kinds of lettuce 12 greens, three types of corn, broccoli, cauliflower, leeks, French carrots, 3 different potatoes, even Brussels Sprouts seeds. Am planting local garlic today.

Try Googling BAY FARM SEEDS
Their seeds germinate. This is a professional seed dispensary in the midwest and not a joke like market seeds. Very high germination, almost uncanny. Superb service and bulk seed quantities as well as samples packets.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 08:17 AM

I am also a fan of tropical fruit, was a member of the California Rare Fruit Growers, back in the 1980's... wrote about growing banana trees here.

Hice you could get south to where things like that do so well!

So, in Tecate, you probably didn't have a garden?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 08:43 AM

As Barry mentioned early in the morn just prior to shoving off a shot of WD-40 on your stuff and O that great smell.

Always carried in my boats,car and home never be without the stuff,some Duct tap and you are ready for anything:lol:
Rob

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 10:09 AM
DAVED E

hola,deoxit is awsome for elec. connection's..like feul injection connection's and older pot's on stereo's,,and the only spray can with 3 pressure setting's (sweet) and it will cost you a chunck of change..but it make's stuff WORK !! K&T:cool:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Number one, please note that a specification grade receptacle is different from a standard receptacle. Sort of like comparing a Michelin tire to a Serene Butterfly brand made by the People's Liberation Army...

Michelin produces tyres in France, Spain, Germany, the USA, the UK, Canada, Brazil, Thailand, Japan, Italy and several other countries IE: the peoples liberation army:lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.