Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Cielito Lindo San Quintin no longer pet friendly
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 12:02 PM

looks like he's very pacified now after his tecate !!!

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
....... it's tough to turn away clients for any reason but most dont want to pay any extra for their pet even though cleaning a room or house after dogs have stayed there takes double the time and effort and it's really really hard to get every hair out of everything and yes...many... if not most people allow their dogs on the furniture....including the bed. I like it when folks bring their own dog beds!

Shari -- it's OK to have House Rules.

How's this for starters: get a damage deposit up front -- if the room is left clean, deposit returned. If extra cleaning, charge them for it. No more than 2 pets. Pets not allowed on furniture or bed. If it looks like dogs have taken advantage of House Rules, charge them for extra cleaning. Tell people in advance, if you can, dogs must have their own beds.

A responsible dog owner would have no problems with these rules. I wouldn't. It's OK to put a line in the sand. If you're losing money because of extra cleaning, you might want to rethink things.
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 08:33 PM

We're more than to happy pay a pet surcharge, happy to stay in the rooms designated for pets (usually they are close to an exit for obvious reasons) and we're all house trained. Our person in the form of a dog even has her own fold-up crate, bed and overnight bag. She loves the dog rooms...kind of like Disneyland for dogs.

And... we try to leave no trace and travel with paper towel and a giant COSTCO pack of sticky brushes.

Shari - I'm waiting for the "Dog Star" room, eh?

Now then, it's people transmitting bed bugs around the world. Harder to deal with that.

w

[Edited on 8-14-2012 by windgrrl]

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 09:04 PM

We always travel with our pocket dog Cacahuate, she has "people hair" and doesn't shed. We often travel with the boys Bob and Seth (cats) and they do shed. We tell them not to get on the furniture but the boys are defiant, especially when we are traveling. They are both de-clawed inside cats and are otherwise well behaved indoors. We bring sheets to cover all the furniture and a six pack of lint rollers to tidy up when we leave. We very much appreciate the places that accommodate us in our travels and never mind paying an extra fee for the pets.

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2012 at 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
HOLA,I had the crab plate..and It was good..but this next season I'll be staying somewhere else......K&T:cool:

The crab plates are available at Posada Don Diegos and every bit as good as Cielito Lindo, and pets are welcome there also.
Larry
Still wiping butter off my hands and face:tumble:

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2012 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
We always travel with our pocket dog Cacahuate, she has "people hair" and doesn't shed. We often travel with the boys Bob and Seth (cats) and they do shed. We tell them not to get on the furniture but the boys are defiant, especially when we are traveling. They are both de-clawed inside cats and are otherwise well behaved indoors. We bring sheets to cover all the furniture and a six pack of lint rollers to tidy up when we leave. We very much appreciate the places that accommodate us in our travels and never mind paying an extra fee for the pets.
I wish I had cacahuate's hair, im tired of cleaning up after myself!:lol:
bajachris
Nomad

Mood: Love Baja

[*] posted on 8-15-2012 at 03:26 PM
My dog will miss going to Cielito Lindo

My dog will miss playing pool at Cielito Lindo. I feel much safer traveling Baja with a dog. My dogs are always well behaved.
bajachris
Nomad

Mood: Love Baja

[*] posted on 8-15-2012 at 03:54 PM

Was going to post a cool photo of my dog at the pool table Cielito Lindo, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to post a photo or reduce the size of my photo to post.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-15-2012 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by shari
....... it's tough to turn away clients for any reason but most dont want to pay any extra for their pet even though cleaning a room or house after dogs have stayed there takes double the time and effort and it's really really hard to get every hair out of everything and yes...many... if not most people allow their dogs on the furniture....including the bed. I like it when folks bring their own dog beds!

Shari -- it's OK to have House Rules.

How's this for starters: get a damage deposit up front -- if the room is left clean, deposit returned. If extra cleaning, charge them for it. No more than 2 pets. Pets not allowed on furniture or bed. If it looks like dogs have taken advantage of House Rules, charge them for extra cleaning. Tell people in advance, if you can, dogs must have their own beds.

A responsible dog owner would have no problems with these rules. I wouldn't. It's OK to put a line in the sand. If you're losing money because of extra cleaning, you might want to rethink things.

the fee/inspection structure you propose for pets sounds like a lot of work for hotel manager. probably easier to ban pets, or provide a kennel in back for owners to crate their pets overnight..
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-15-2012 at 06:27 PM

The kennel idea is great for motels... IF they are sound proofed!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.