Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7
Author: Subject: Surfdoc
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rdrrm8e
I spoke with Shari and Stan will have his family with him by Friday.

He is in good hands

Well, it's very good to see a post by you, ChucK. I was wondering if I had missed YOUR passing, while living on the road this summer, when I read this above.

"Stan here is hoping you are boogie boarding, with Chuck, and drinking some Tecate."

I only fished with Stan a couple times in San Diego, usually with the "infamous" Dark Side brethren. A gentle giant with a great sense of humor, I thought.

Best fishes, Stan.

rdrrm8e
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 08:23 AM

I saw that too my friend:wow:

alive and well......sad and hurt, but well.
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 08:30 AM

My reference to Chuck was not ment as a person that anyone here knows, sorry to cause any more sadness. It was something that Stan and I said to eachother in a joking manner.

aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 10:59 AM

OH no, this is such terrible news. I just sent him a U2U asking if he needed something because of Chuck driving down there. My heart is very heavy and sad. RIP Stan. Condolences to the family, immediate and extended.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 02:10 PM

Stunned and deeply saddened.
Oh, Stan, why'd ya have to go so soon?
I'm so happy that you were living your dreams and your finding love again has brought me a smile for you both.

Here's a Road Soda for ya, Stanibuns!

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 04:52 PM

It's hard to let go! Mojac was the name of his custom panga and was named for the loves of his life; his dogs. They are some rowdy mongrels that loved to be Bad. My Lab loved to play with them on thebeach and Stan would chase them down and reprimand them for being...dogs! I hope Jackson and Moanna(?) are being taken care of. I know they were very important to Stan. You can tell from the pics! Fly on Our Sweet Angel. Many will miss you. Tio
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 05:07 PM

My heart aches, I counted on growing old with you.
You will not be soon forgotten Amigo.
I'm so happy for what you brought to our lives.

R.I.P.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 05:45 PM

So very sad, someone so young, vital, loving and giving and I to worry about the dogs he loved so much.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 06:10 PM

For you Stan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHWHPPHpAj8

Iflyfish
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-24-2012 at 08:20 PM

we just got back from a very long day in Vizcaino waiting for officials, doctors, the coroner, funeral directors, secretaries etc etc and signing copious copies.

I also visited Stan in the cool room and it was quite an experience. His makeover is amazing and he looks really great in his favorite dress fish shirt he wore on special occasions. It was hard not to think he was sleeping except he wasnt snoring. Tears of love and sadness were shed throughout the day for my amigo.

Tomorrow we will make his resting place...we got the blocks, cement and rebar ready for the construction. Death is a very hands on thing here...I learned alot about the process here.

Friday afternoon Stan will arrive in style and we will hold an all night vigil at Campo Sirena. Saturday morning will be the funeral service and Stan will lay to rest at the panteon here with a wonderful view of the ocean. We will then have a campfire and wake party in his honour.

Any of Stan's amigo wanting to contribute to Stan's wake can do so by making a paypal donation labeled Stan's wake to the account of juanarcemarron@gmail.com all donations will be graciously appreciated....thanks to those who have already donated to help make Stan's last party a nice one.

We are graciously accepting donations for Stan's farewell.

[Edited on 10-25-2012 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 08:59 AM

I was reading the banned site this morning, and there was a reference to Stan. Actually, it was done pretty respectfully. But I wanted to make a very important point here. The use and/or access to AED's are paramount....and the education of and access to them is becoming more evident. Do you know that its not the heart attack that can kill you? It's the arrhythmia that goes along with it that in the majority of cases will. For people to mention that CPR probably wasn't performed is only a small part of the problem, if that indeed was the scenario. A good AED is needed.....yes, we can all be squeamish about jump starting a heart, but in fact a young child in Hawaii used the defibrillator and saved a life. I would even go as far to say that an individual or couple could own their own, the prices have come down so much. So CPR is just part of the problem, and if you don't get the person out of an arrhythmia you can do CPR all you want and the person won't live. Afib isn't the problem, you can live with that. But its the Ventricular Fibrillation or Sustained Ventricular Tachycardia that will kill.

[Edited on 10-25-2012 by EnsenadaDr]
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 09:08 AM

Mr. Gypsy and I were just talking about getting an AED for our place in Baja. I'm thinking now that it is deffinately on our MUST DO list.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 09:10 AM

So.... All of this CPR instruction we're being buried with is a useless waste of time without a defibrillator?
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 09:17 AM

DENNIS, Sounds like it! Those AED's cost $1199.00 +-. Jeez! When your time's up, it's up.:O
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 09:24 AM

Read, Dennis....read CAREFULLY. QUOTE " It's the arrhythmia that goes along with it that in THE MAJORITY of cases will. For people to mention that CPR probably wasn't performed is only a small part of the problem, if that indeed was the scenario.UNQUOTE from my post. Read this article for a better and more thorough explanation. Especially under "STATISTICS"

http://www.dps.sdsu.edu/aed.htm
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 09:27 AM

So essentially, Dennis, yes, CPR is useless if a person is having a heart attack and defibrillation is not a factor in the equation.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 09:31 AM

Thank you for this vital post EnsenadaDr

Iflyfish
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 09:33 AM

http://www.integrisequipment.com/Refurbished_AED_For_Sale_s/...

Used and refurbished Defib devices

Iflyfish
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Cheaper than a casket and/or a cremation, or shipping a body to the US....or for that matter, cheaper than an ambulance to the border. As the old saying goes, "I'm spending my children's inheritance."
Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
DENNIS, Sounds like it! Those AED's cost $1199.00 +-. Jeez! When your time's up, it's up.:O
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish
Thank you for this vital post EnsenadaDr

Iflyfish
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.