Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
KATE HAD HER BABY!!!!!!!

KATE IS A BABE.

Oh, never mind, got it. Kate has a nice butt.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 07:43 PM
for Bajaparrothead

In your service in law enforcement, which I suppose included time in uniform "on the streets" - how many other law enforcement officers did you cite for minor traffic violations?

John M
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 09:13 PM

do you boys have one in particular that seems to work better than others?

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Christ, there are some high and mighty types here! I am certain that on all those long stretches of road you are all doing 60kph or the 40kph through 10 house towns that is posted! [p/quote]

Some of us are higher beings!

Re cops in Mexico, never been pulled over in Mexico, when I hear nomads say they get pulled over frequently, I wonder about their advancing age and diminished driving abilities,... Some people can't see their own flaws

Re speeding, I always drive like it is my street.. I don't like speeders on my street, and I don't speed on other people's streets, common courtesy. I do notice that most people are a$$holes and incapable of common courtesy,. :(:(:lol::lol:

Re cops wanting special treatment from other cops, enough said,...
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Just gotta say... I carry my retired FF badge with me and it is a brotherhood. Works with a lot of cops and FF's all over the world because we have worked in an area of life that most people don't.
It has led to some interesting conversations here in Mexico. And, no, I don't get pulled over all the time.. But, it does happen since there are bills to pay in this country and wages are low.
Get over it. Welcome to Mexico!
chit, my wife got out of a ticket because she was wearing a capoeira shirt and the cop loves and practices capoeira! Holy chit! Shoot her!

Whatever... I never flash it at anyone but there is a common idioma within that world that all who have been in the business speak.

Christ, there are some high and mighty types here! I am certain that on all those long stretches of road you are all doing 60kph or the 40kph through 10 house towns that is posted!

Too funny.

:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 7-23-2013 by soulpatch]
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 09:45 PM

Quote:
Just gotta say... I carry my retired FF badge with me and it is a brotherhood. Works with a lot of cops and FF's all over the world because we have worked in an area of life that most people don't.
It has led to some interesting conversations here in Mexico. And, no, I don't get pulled over all the time.. But, it does happen since there are bills to pay in this country and wages are low.
Get over it. Welcome to Mexico!
chit, my wife got out of a ticket because she was wearing a capoeira shirt and the cop loves and practices capoeira! Holy chit! Shoot her!

Whatever... I never flash it at anyone but there is a common idioma within that world that all who have been in the business speak.

Christ, there are some high and mighty types here! I am certain that on all those long stretches of road you are all doing 60kph or the 40kph through 10 house towns that is posted!

Too funny.

:lol::lol::lol:

I've been in the "business" soulpatch and lost close brothers in the line of duty but there was never a "common idioma" when it came to breaking the law. I'm definitely not "high and mighty" and absolutely not "Too funny" when I speak of paid public servants asking if it's ok to basically abuse the power. Copy that?

[Edited on 7-23-2013 by Bubba]
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 09:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
KATE HAD HER BABY!!!!!!!

KATE IS A BABE.

Have you seen her sister???
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Quote:
KATE HAD HER BABY!!!!!!!

KATE IS A BABE.

Does she have a nice butt?
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubba
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Quote:
KATE HAD HER BABY!!!!!!!

KATE IS A BABE.

Does she have a nice butt?
amazing gene pool!:o
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 10:49 PM

Showing badges in Mexico would be risky and since you have no weapons no reason to place hands on dash in front of you with your ID & badge like in the USA. No need to look for any courtesy that would not be given to anyone that an officer would normally give due to the issue they pull you over for. Even non-lawenforce get pulled over and get the warnings to just drive on. So, better to use your talk and if you think a ticket is off base better to use the jargon of law enforcement on the vehicle code you think they are off base on in trying to cite you. Now, this will get their attention just as fast as a badge would.
If you live in Mexico join clubs like Footprinters, which has functions that Mexican and other government law enforcement officers go to. The interaction with them and getting to know the Mexican Law Enforcement systems or issues concerning them is better education for you. Footprinters also helps with fundraisers for Mexican Officers killed or injuried in the line of duty just like PORAC or Associations do for cops in the USA.
Now, speeding excessively in Mexico or USA gets everyone on edge as we have all had close calls due to others speeding, so be safe allow more time and enjoy each day like it is you last but hopefully it is not. Take Care & Travel Safe-----"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
In your service in law enforcement, which I suppose included time in uniform "on the streets" - how many other law enforcement officers did you cite for minor traffic violations?

John M

John M,
I can honestly say there have been very few. I can count them on one hand and have some fingers left. But there have also been a few firefighters and several correctional officers through the years, but each of them had it coming. There are many times when discretion can be used and rare cases where there is really no more room for discretion. Arrogance and disrespect will get my attention every time.

To weigh in on the rest of the conversation, may I add a little insight:
Nearly 50% of the cops that are killed in the line of duty are killed in traffic related incidents every year. (http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbi-releases...)
It gets a little irritating to travel at high speeds, putting myself and others at risk in order to stop a high speed violator, only to find out they're off duty. It is even more irritating to be greeted with arrogance and a sense of impunity while traffic is flying by at 75 MPH and some of them are drifting on the shoulder where we are conducting business.
I don't mean to sound bitter, but there is always another perspective that can be overlooked.
With all due respects,
BajaParrothead
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 11:14 PM

Quote:
Hey Bubba, lighten up!
Did I say I was breaking the law?
And could you enlightened ones figure out your quote boxes?
Hard to decipher your thoughts from the original.... well, not really, only takes a second or two.
Lordy, take a breath.....
In.... out..... in.....try to get under 20 a minute.:spingrin:

I live in Mexico, you live in Pismo.... the law down here is a bit different if you haven't noticed or bothered ever talking to your brothers south of the border.... lot's of really great guys down here trying to keep the peace and mayhem in check.

Wow, never ONCE pulled a professional conversation with an on-duty guy you didn't know personally?

Come on.....

Hi Soulpatch, I'm sorry if my "quote boxes" didn't meet your standards and criteria but it's definitely not hard to decipher what I had to say. I'll reiterate one more time just for you. I don't like corrupt law enforcement and people "flashing" a badge (which I pay for) it's corrupt to me and my brothers that fell in the line of duty. I'm not about to get in a swinging dick contest with you soulpatch, you're not worth my time, your arrogant, above the law attitude and response showed your true colors. Do you copy this cowboy?
bigjohn
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 11:17 PM

My brother is a LA County Fireman and we were pulled over once in Tijuana by a motorcycle officer and him showing his FF badge kept me from getting a ticket (for something I never did in the first place), go figure! :yes:
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigjohn
My brother is a LA County Fireman and we were pulled over once in Tijuana by a motorcycle officer and him showing his FF badge kept me from getting a ticket (for something I never did in the first place), go figure! :yes:

Your brother handing the motorcycle officer a 20 dollar bill would of had the same effect without dishonoring the badge. Go figure!
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubba
Quote:
Originally posted by bigjohn

Your brother handing the motorcycle officer a 20 dollar bill would of had the same effect without dishonoring the badge. Go figure!

Seems IF you were in law enforcement you have done more to dishonor "the badge" with your ridiculous responses to these posts. Go back to your dreams of what an honorable individual you imagined you were.:lol::lol:
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 07:09 AM

The law should apply to everyone equally, expecting to be treated differently by flashing a badge implies that you somehow feel that you are above the law because of your status as a law enforcement officer, an attitude that is contrary to the oath you have taken to uphold the law.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 07:27 AM

ok, i'll bite on this ridiculous conversation.....over the years when stopped in baja by a cop for an obvious mordita gulp and when asked for i.d., i will show my retired L.E. id card and a copy of my drivers license...i've never paid mordita...and i don't feel like i "disrespected" my job as a past officer.....

many many times at military checkpoints the searching soldier will find my collapsible asp under my drivers seat and ask what it is...i show them by snapping it open and we're almost always on our way immediately...no harm, no foul.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 07:44 AM

I've only been stopped once in Mexico for a legitimate infraction (though that one was a routine set-up) and several other times for driving while gringa.
I've used tears, indignation, sweet dumbness, and once my throw-away license (which was returned when I said I couldn't come to the station tomorrow but would be glad to stop by in three or four days when I came back through)
whatever works for you is fine, as long as it's a bogus stop.

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by measomsan
Disgust this. You don't really live in the real world do you? Maybe in your parents basement posting when they are not looking.

Been myself involved for many years with law enforcement. Mexico is a little different. maybe you have not noticed. You sound a bit like a lib-tard hooked on hugs and feeling good. others took it in the way I was asking. You sir need a life....Now go hug a tree

Measomsan,
You refer to your brother as the LEO in this situation, and that you have been involved with LEO: "I have many cops as budo brothers that we trained together many moons ago..."

So is your involvement with LEO having "connections" through the family (brother) and your martial art training....or as an enforcement officer yourself?

Either way, what would your sensei say about benefiting from your brother's work experience when trying to avoid responsibility for your behaviour ( i.e. breaking the law by speeding) ?

Identifying yourself as following budo, it suggests that your own moral development is important....and your interest in following budo is beyond just learning fighting techniques:

"Budo:
The term refers to the idea of formulating propositions, subjecting them to philosophical critique and then following a 'path' to realize them. Dō signifies a "way of life". Dō in the Japanese context, is an experiential term, experiential in the sense that practice (the way of life) is the norm to verify the validity of the discipline cultivated through a given art form. The modern budō has no external enemy, only the internal enemy, one's ego that must be fought.

Similarly to budō, bujutsu is a compound of the roots bu (武;), and jutsu (術:じゅつ;), meaning technique.[7] Thus, budō is translated as "martial way",[8][9][10] or "the way of war"[citation needed] while bujutsu is translated as "science of war" or "martial craft." However, both budō and bujutsu are used interchangeably in English with the term "martial arts".[citation needed] Budo and bujutsu have quite a delicate difference; whereas bujutsu only gives attention to the physical part of fighting (how to best defeat an enemy), budo also gives attention to the mind and how one should develop oneself. Modern budo uses aspects of the lifestyle of the samurai of feudal Japan and translates them to self-development in modern life."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud%C5%8D

As for the tree-hugging/libtard insult....no one accused you of being a pre-Copernican knuckle-dragging texan....:light:

You also indicated initially that your brother was reluctant to follow your lead when you suggested using HIS credentials to excuse YOUR behaviour....seems like your brother understands what "the right thing to do" is ...

Don't believe everything you think....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2013 at 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
a pre-Copernican knuckle-dragging texan....:light:

If that doesn't bring Skeet to the party, nothing will. :lol:
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.