Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: My San Ysidro crossing took 6 hours
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2013 at 11:58 PM

We just crossed tonight. 1.5 hours...now i feel lucky.
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 8-7-2013 at 11:43 PM

I specifically asked about the pop-up cover for my truck and the customs inspector told me that was not a problem. I haven't put one on yet but it does have a Sentri now. The Inspector said it was no different than a car trunk you will have to open it or have it open as you come through the inspection line. Where does anyone see a rule against it??? Take Care and Travel Safe----"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN' bajafun777

tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2013 at 11:13 PM

I crossed in the pedestrian Ready Lanes tonight at around 8:30, and it took about 15 minutes.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-10-2013 at 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajafun777
I specifically asked about the pop-up cover for my truck and the customs inspector told me that was not a problem. I haven't put one on yet but it does have a Sentri now. The Inspector said it was no different than a car trunk you will have to open it or have it open as you come through the inspection line. Where does anyone see a rule against it??? Take Care and Travel Safe----"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN' bajafun777

If it is a bare camper like a shell, no problem. If it has cabinets or other affixed items, don't think it will fly. The idea of SENTRI is no or expidited inspection. If they have to look into nooks and crannies it defeats the purpose.

[Edited on 8-10-2013 by bajaguy]

tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2013 at 09:16 PM

I crossed tonight around 5:30 and it took about 20 minutes. When I got to customs, the officer asked me what I was bringing out of Mexico, and I said, "nothing, I just signed the lease on an apartment."

Apparently he didn't believe me, because he asked the same question again, and got the same answer. So he sent me to secondary. Another officer called my name, handed me my card back, and said, "you're free to go." I guess he thought my backpack was loaded with drugs.

I would have shown him my copy of the lease if he had asked......
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajafun777

If it is a bare camper like a shell, no problem. If it has cabinets or other affixed items, don't think it will fly. The idea of SENTRI is no or expidited inspection. If they have to look into nooks and crannies it defeats the purpose.

[Edited on 8-10-2013 by bajaguy]

That's what the SENTRI guy told me last time I came through with my trunk in disarray—so I put all the stuff into easily inspectable things. I carry an old wine case (with the inserts) for transporting olive oil and the one litre of alcohol I'm allowed to bring back, and a 40-peso foam cooler for anything that requires refrigeration, like seafood or cheese.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 06:54 AM
Monday morning rush hours

6:55 AM

San Ysidro

15 minutes!!!!

yahoo!

http://traffic.calit2.net/border/border-wait-times.php?type=...

Heard the same on the radio. All lanes open.

Am I correct that this is some kind of test and some of the lanes will be closed again to finish construction?

[Edited on 8-19-2013 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.