Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: 6 Hours at San Ysidro
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2013 at 06:58 PM

What a heavy fine!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2013 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tjsue
I guess he was disappointed that he found nothing.

It's hard for us to empathize with you, Sue. We don't know what you look like, but I'll ask the pertinent questions.
Do you have tattoos all over your face....or perhaps a bone in your nose?
We just don't know. :lol:
tjsue
Senior Nomad

mad.gif posted on 9-5-2013 at 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
I guess he was disappointed that he found nothing.

It's hard for us to empathize with you, Sue. We don't know what you look like, but I'll ask the pertinent questions.
Do you have tattoos all over your face....or perhaps a bone in your nose?
We just don't know. :lol: [/quote

Nope, I'm just an ordinary looking, middle aged woman.:lol:
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2013 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
What a heavy fine!

I looked up the fine information on Google, and someone with the same issue did a review on Yelp.

[Edited on 9-6-2013 by tjsue]
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2013 at 07:33 PM

Today was my second moving trip to Tijuana. The CBP agent that I got this time, was actually pretty nice, and asked the usual questions.

I also got to spend 45 minutes in secondary again while they examined my van. Same drill as before - manually inspecting it with a flashlight, the sent in the dog, and then had me drive through the X-ray machine. This guy was also very nice, so I guess it just depends on who you get.

I have another trip planned for Friday, so I'll be ready for secondary again. I expect to be pulled over every time I cross back in the US, so I'll just get used to it.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-11-2013 at 08:34 PM

no, they are disappointed when they roll out of bed in the morning and look in the mirror. from that point on, the rest of us suffer....

tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2013 at 12:22 AM

I'm taking another load down on Friday, so I expect to be pulled over again.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2013 at 07:15 AM

The last time I crossed I got chewed out because the CBP officer at the booth failed to put my paper work under the windshield wiper when he sent me through the rayox machine. The guy was a real sweetheart, and asked me if I was completely stupid or if I was just driving through the machine for fun. I guess now we are all responsible for knowing CBP protocol and making sure that the agents follow it correctly.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-12-2013 at 07:27 AM
CBP problems

It is interesting that people will rant on this board but will not take 10 minutes to write a complaint letter. If you don't like how you were treated, do something about it.
General Information

(01/20/2012)

Chief Patrol Agent: Paul A. Beeson
Deputy Chief Patrol Agent: Rodney S. Scott

Service Area: The San Diego Sector covers the entire San Diego County.

Sector Headquarters Location: 2411 Boswell Road, Chula Vista, California

Contact Information: Phone Number (619) 216-4000;

Sector Headquarters Mailing Address:
2411 Boswell Rd.,
Chula Vista, CA 91914-3519

Community Feedback: We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, we would like to know.

If we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know that as well. To comment on the services provided by this office, please write to the Sector Chief Patrol Agent.

If you feel you were mistreated by a Border Patrol employee or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a Border Patrol employee, you may write to the Chief Patrol Agent.

tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2013 at 02:54 PM

Uncle Sam won't do a thing if you write a complaint letter. I used to work for him, so I know that for a fact. It'll just get filed away.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2013 at 03:12 PM

Quote:
Uncle Sam won't do a thing if you write a complaint letter. I used to work for him, so I know that for a fact. It'll just get filed away.

Au contraire mon cheri..............I can say, without a doubt the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

In 42 years of government service (state and federal) as a supervisor and administrator I can tell you that letters will get responded to, and if an employee receives more than a few, action will be taken.

I have been on the receiving end of MUST RESPOND letters from the Governor's office and US Senators and
Congresspersons. No supervisor/administrator likes those letters........especially if a copy goes to the press.

I suggest you write the letter and copy your US Congressional representatives.....and add a "CC" tag line to the local press....

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 9-12-2013 at 03:15 PM

Quote:

Not my experience-------------ALL "complaint letters" were responded to, and / or investigated in our Office's of BLM & National Park Service that I was attached too-------I know because I occasionally had to answer them, and conduct the investigations-------very time consuming unless a common complaint that had a form letter prepared to answer it, but we always answered as far as I knew------it was policy to do so. If we had not answered, usually a "Congressional Inquiry" would soon follow, and we did NOT want that. It's always better to complain to your Congressman rather than the Agency office itself if you want action, but both usually work.

Barry
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2013 at 03:23 PM

My wife has written two letters regarding our treatment at the border and I have written one, neither of us has ever received any kind of response back.

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2013 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
My wife has written two letters regarding our treatment at the border and I have written one, neither of us has ever received any kind of response back.

Who did you address the letter to and did you copy your US Senator and Congressperson????.....complaints to congressional staff always get a response (in my experience).

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 9-12-2013 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:

Who did you address the letter to and did you copy your US Senator and Congressperson????.....complaints to congressional staff always get a response (in my experience).

Yes, good question and statement. We dreaded "Congressionals", not because they were bogus, but because they often took so long to investigate and respond to, but they were the highest priority when they came in which was not that often. (thank Zeus)

Barry
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2013 at 04:08 PM

We used the forms they give you at the border office for filing complaints. That's why I say you may as well use this:

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2013 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
We used the forms they give you at the border office for filing complaints.

And that is why you never received a response. Write the letter as outlined above, then let us know about the response you receive.

tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2013 at 07:19 PM

I remember doing lots of Congressionals when I worked for DOD. And that was when we used colored tissue paper with the attached carbon paper on it. That was fun!
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 9-12-2013 at 09:13 PM
Photo from the Good Ole' Days

tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 04:37 PM

Three hours to cross the border today. The same drill - manual inspection, the dog, and the x-ray machine. It only takes 30 minutes to get there, though. But I'm looking on the bright side - only two mores loads and I'm done.

Then I'll only have to drive across the border once a week.
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.