BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  8
Author: Subject: Will the cooling of the arctic ocean improve fishing in Baja?
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Whatever woody is smoking didnt come from God, maybe Thailand? Its OK woody, I'll pray for you, it'll be alright, calm down, take deep breaths....join a cult.....

lucky for you chuckles, i don't smoke. i am however, a lifelong member in the cultish sacred saint surf club.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 01:49 PM

I'm a Lutheran....

Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe

You can join in any time now Ken. I'm going fishing.

Thanks Igor, but I think I'll stay out of this one :)

carpe diem!
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Whatever woody is smoking didnt come from God, maybe Thailand? Its OK woody, I'll pray for you, it'll be alright, calm down, take deep breaths....join a cult.....

Those are lyrics from an old XTC song....
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 04:28 PM

I knew that...

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 06:53 PM

Heard tonight on the KUDLOW REPORT (CNBC) that 114 out of 117 significant Global Warming and Climate Change alerts by the worlds top Climatologists since 1990 turned out to be wrong.

(source: http://www.nature.com/nclimate/opinion/index.html )

"Climatology" is not an exact science, even from the PHd's .

Barry
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Heard tonight on the KUDLOW REPORT (CNBC) that 114 out of 117 significant Global Warming and Climate Change alerts by the worlds top Climatologists since 1990 turned out to be wrong.

Barry

This is all I get from your link:

Recent observed global warming is significantly less than that simulated by climate models. This difference might be explained by some combination of errors in external forcing, model response and internal climate variability.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
I knew that...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
somehow, i doubt it....

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:
I knew that...

somehow, i doubt it....

I think Chuckles knows everything....:;)

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 07:58 PM

Just ask him! I sure he'll say he does!:tumble::lol::tumble:

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:

Barry

This is all I get from your link:

Recent observed global warming is significantly less than that simulated by climate models. This difference might be explained by some combination of errors in external forcing, model response and internal climate variability.

I am only reporting what I heard reported, and using the reference provided by CNBC.

Barry
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Man's pollution doesn't come close to competing with earth's own 'pollution' (volcanoes, gas vents, lightning caused fires)... and when solar (sun spots, flares) activity increases, how are you going to change that?

Well David, first we understand the problem. The earth's 'pollution' as you put it is has been going on for a few billion years. This natural pollution has always been absorbed through natural cycles. In a blink of an eye we've added real pollution that our planet has not been able to absorb. That's why CO2 levels have been rising.

The natural cycle adds and removes CO2 to keep a balance; humans add extra CO2 without removing any. Does that make sense to you?:?:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadogs
Quote:
Man's pollution doesn't come close to competing with earth's own 'pollution' (volcanoes, gas vents, lightning caused fires)... and when solar (sun spots, flares) activity increases, how are you going to change that?

Well David, first we understand the problem. The earth's 'pollution' as you put it is has been going on for a few billion years. This natural pollution has always been absorbed through natural cycles. In a blink of an eye we've added real pollution that our planet has not been able to absorb. That's why CO2 levels have been rising.

The natural cycle adds and removes CO2 to keep a balance; humans add extra CO2 without removing any. Does that make sense to you?:?:

That statement starting with "In the blink of an eye-----" is so wrong and / or unsubstantiated and illogical on so many levels I don't know where to begin-----so I won't. :lol:

(I would be wasting my breath)

Barry
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 10:28 PM

Quote:
That statement starting with "In the blink of an eye-----" is so wrong and / or unsubstantiated and illogical on so many levels I don't know where to begin-----so I won't. :lol:

Barry

But David's quote makes sense to you?:lol:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 10:28 PM

a nod is as good as a blink to a blind horse.....okay I changed it a bit...:lol:
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 10:29 PM

Well Barry, the industrial age started just over a hundred years ago, in geological terms, that is indeed just a blink of the eye. It's hard to say exactly what the net effect will ultimately be, but it would be pretty naive to think that pouring trillions of tons of c02 and other gases into the atmosphere wouldn't have any effect on the climate.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 10:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by bajadogs
Quote:

Barry

Seems pretty straight forward to me....yes there has always been climate change...but man-made climate change has drastically altered the rate of change. And to me, it's the rate of change that seems to be the problem, challenge, what ever you want to call it...unless of course you believe the scientists that claim that smoking does not cause cancer.

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaliDali
-------

As dependent as we are on fossil fuels, I seriously doubt if it is reversible. Nature will take care of it eventually, as the planet becomes less hospitable, the population will decline until we achieve a balance again.

[Edited on 9-18-2013 by BajaNomad]

"The future ain't what it used to be"
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 11:22 PM
The tide of life

Quote:
Quote:
As dependent as we are on fossil fuels, I seriously doubt if it is reversible. Nature will take care of it eventually, as the planet becomes less hospitable, the population will decline until we achieve a balance again.

You may be onto something here Mono.
Makes you wonder if the earth has a finite life and were all just temporary inhabitants.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2013 at 02:05 AM

If it can be found "Earth, a Living Organism" is a good read...

Pages:  1    3    5  ..  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.