Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: The ocean is broken.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 03:10 PM

There is no problem. As Skeeter so succinctly put it, this is just another manifestation of nekkid hippies smoking dope. If everyone would just get dressed, sober up and get a haircut, everything would be fine.

:tumble:

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 04:37 PM

DanO,

Great advice....if I wasn't so stoned, I could get off the couch and find my shorts, wifebeater, and flip-flops. :biggrin:

I found a pic of Skeet and his ol'lady:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=REDNECK-HIPPIE

[Edited on 10-22-2013 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO
There is no problem. As Skeeter so succinctly put it, this is just another manifestation of nekkid hippies smoking dope. If everyone would just get dressed, sober up and get a haircut, everything would be fine.

It is so great to see your posts once again! :cool:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 04:59 PM

My posts about "The ocean Broken"" comes from:

38 Years fishing , diving, Snorkling, Observing the Sea of Cortes on both sides.

Operating a 22 Ft. Panga for 27 years, fishing with the mesicano Fisherman commercially.

Show this ole boy anyone that can Match my experience there:

Sure wish you could find a good Photo of me on my Mule at one of the Shriners Parades and as far as my wife she is 24 years younger than me. met her when she was 24 and I was 48.

FACTS!!! Gentlemen and I was never a Hippie riding around in a Green VW Bus, smoking Dope and riding Nekid on Motorcycles.

For VAAG; I respect your right to beleive as you do and expect you to Respect my Right to beleive as I want To!!

Here I sat going on 83 years in Good health taking care of a Couple of horses on 5 Acres in the Great Texas Panhandle.

Redneck, Redskin/Irshman Texan having converstaion with a Bunch of Weak-Minded DOPERS.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 07:20 PM

Skeet,
And we mostly enjoy those conversations ;D

redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 11:20 PM

I just have to know something and it's driving me crazy: Why doesn't David K. correct Skeet's grammar and spelling!!! :bounce:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 07:27 AM

hilltown:

There you go trying to change someone to be like you!!!!!

We must all strive to be Individuals!!!
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 07:31 AM

Skeeter: redhilltown was making a joke bro.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by redhilltown
I just have to know something and it's driving me crazy: Why doesn't David K. correct Skeet's grammar and spelling!!! :bounce:

I don't do that... never have. ;)

(What I have done is provide the correct spelling of places in Baja... it's a map and history thing :light: }

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 09:54 AM

If ya don't think things are changing .... :lol::lol:

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 10:02 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just spit coffee all over my keyboard :lol::lol::lol::lol:

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 11:33 AM

"For VAAG; I respect your right to beleive as you do and expect you to Respect my Right to beleive as I want To!!"

Skeet, you have a right to believe any fiction you choose, but you CERTAINLY do not have any right to expect that anyone will respect your mindset. Demanding to be respected for believing in an iron age myth, and voicing your other hateful judgments, while writing and spelling at an elementary school level just reinforces the belief that many of us share; folks who think like you are suffering from arrested development. I hope for your sake it isn't a degenerative disorder.

I don't mean to sell you short, perhaps you actually can communicate in English at the level of a college graduate. (I believe you claimed a degree at some point.) Your arguments would be easier to accept if they were phrased in adult level English.

Also, please explain how the fish that were in the SOC when you fished there so many years ago are expected to STILL BE THERE? The gulf is a dynamic ecosystem and people who earn their living judging the present health of the system seem to disagree rather substantially with your decades-old evidence. How did they get to be wrong, and you to be right?

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO

It is so great to see your posts once again! :cool:

Every once in a while I feel compelled to bring order to chaos. Oddly enough, it happens most often when Skeet posts about nekkid motorcycle riding hippie DOPERS. Just doing my part to keep it real. Peace out.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 11:57 AM

Now Vag Listen Up!!

The word "Fiction" in your first sentence show your are Pregdiges!!
I did not say that anyone should or should not Respect my beliefs, just that they Respect my right to have my Beliefs!!

Yes a Degree in Police Science Criminal Investigation
Doubt? Check the 1957 Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities.

Arrested Development??

Vag ; I have come from a Poor boy from Texas and to me accolumpished a lot in my Life.
State of California Special Investigator
Insurance Adjuster
Aviation Accident Investigator 18 years
Snap-On Tool Dealer for 10 years Made a Million Dollars
Lived in Baja for a Total of 38 years
Became a Freemason 53 years ago.
Presently a Shriner in amarillo Texas rasing money for the Shriners Hospital for Children at the Galveston Burn Unit where we are developing Skin from the Start!!
Live on 5 Acres with a Wife, 2 Horses,a Dog and a Cat.

Have nearly 6,000 Hours of Flying Time all over the Western United States with at least 1,000 Hours in Baja.

The trouble with you Vag is that you are so "Narrow Minded that you are unable to understand that other people have a right to a belief that is different than yours

I feel sorry for you.

Skeet.
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 02:47 PM

Skeet I still don't know how---you bein' a Texan and all---cannot remember the stories of endless rivers of millions of bison herding through Amarillo in the old days and how quickly they were decimated to a few survivors, and not think that can't happen with fish stocks---Atlantic Cod ring a bell? I haven't heard anyone say the fishing in the Sea of Cortez is like it used to be.
Now, I will say it would be unlikely to exterminate smaller fish species completely but we are certainly taking the word "plentiful" out of the equation.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 03:36 PM

Mexi: Well Taken!
The Bison did not produce millions each year as Fish do.
The Sea of Cortez was changed many years ago when the Coloroda River was nearly stopped. Look at what it has produced to date.
The Fish of the Cortez move in and out of the Area some each year or Some on Cycle.
There are some areas near Populated sites that will slow down as they have and then come back like they did 2 years ago at Mulege.
Look at the Fish Bill Earhart catches all the time on both sides of the Baja. Look at the Whales and Dolphins that keep coming back to the Areas.
there is a lot of Fish out there and a Great Big ocean which is never touched by the Commercials or Sport Fisherman

Who will feed the Japanese if someone forces them to stop Fishing.??

No I do not believe the ocean is Broken.Seems to me all the "Sky is Falling" stuff is put out there to try to Scare People so they will Donate Money for the Talkers to Buy DOPE and go Nekid in Public and try to Breakdown a Tradiation that is in their Weak=minded Thinking a Problem.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
The Sea of Cortez was changed many years ago when the Coloroda River was nearly stopped. Look at what it has produced to date.
The Fish of the Cortez move in and out of the Area some each year or Some on Cycle.
There are some areas near Populated sites that will slow down as they have and then come back like they did 2 years ago at Mulege.
Look at the Fish Bill Earhart catches all the time on both sides of the Baja. Look at the Whales and Dolphins that keep coming back to the Areas.
there is a lot of Fish out there and a Great Big ocean which is never touched by the Commercials or Sport Fisherman

No I do not believe the ocean is Broken.Seems to me all the "Sky is Falling" stuff is put out there to try to Scare People so they will Donate Money for the Talkers to Buy DOPE and go Nekid in Public and try to Breakdown a Tradiation that is in their Weak=minded Thinking a Problem.
There is absolutely no part of the ocean that hasn't been touched by commercial fishing fleets.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 05:15 PM

DON'T FEED THE.......................SKEET.

Actually, do it. It's classic comedy.

vgabndo: excellent response. Hope you're doing well amigo.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto

There is absolutely no part of the ocean that hasn't been touched by commercial fishing fleets.

Really? Do you realize how much bigger the ocean is than the land or how much deeper it can be than the tallest mountains? We know more about Mars and the moon then the ocean.

Now, I am not saying anyone should abuse the resources we have on earth, but the seas are a source for food that we must utilize. We belong here on earth too. :light:

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 06:18 PM

Boys, boys, boys.....

I remember a night on a houseboat on Lake Meade with a large contingent of young couples. We were astounded at the sudden onset of massive flyovers out of Nellis Airforce Base. The night sky held a great array of stars, comets and some of the most obviously outrageous planes, jets and UFO appearing flying vehicles I've ever seen. When we got back to civilization, we learned that Chernobyl had happened that very night and we had been treated to our national reaction.....what does this have to do with the Ocean is Dying?

Well, as we layed on the rooftop of the houseboat, we discussed all the ramifications of our existence and came to the conclusion that humans are another bacterial growth on the culture plate which constitutes the planet. There is no doubt that we can cause change, both good and bad, to our immediate circumstances but it's really a matter of ego that we think we can save or kill the planet. This planet is much more powerful and it's just a miniscule piece of the overall universe. Face up to the fact that we just ain't as tough and influential as we think we are. If the human species ever does develop into a threat, I'm betting that Earth can purge itself of our pitiful threats. It might take a millenium and we wouldn't recognize the results but I'm still placing my bets on the planet. We are not much more than shadows in the wind.........

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.