Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7
Author: Subject: Mulege Pizza
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 01:52 PM

ok....my bad...and i apologize for bad mouthing your pizza before trying it...i was passing on info that i'd heard and that's not fair...again, my bad...we'll try your pies when we get back into town...sorry for all this crap; my fault...and thanks for putting your dogs away....see ya in feb.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 02:06 PM

Good to hear the pizzas are great now... the first couple or 3 weeks they were comin out with a pretty black crust on the bottom,, He has since said that give him another try and he will discount it 25%... guess that is a pretty good start...
One thing about Mulege there isn't a shortage of pizza joints so you have your choice and favorite... since I am not a big pizza fan I don't know why I am even lookin at this thread...
The thread was about pizza not trucks, dogs, the man,, so guess that should be another thread if there is a problem... or just whack him...but since its been revealed,,, the white truck did back over a post in our park last year and took off like a scared cat... but I digress... back to pizza now.
sorry me too bad....

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 02:22 PM

Being a "chef" maybe I should disqualify myself. But I have eaten what (?) sixty or so so-called-pizzas in Mexico and only a desperate homesick soul could call any of them anything but "A Flood Of Melted Cheese Over Chopped Pressed Ham And Canned mushrooms, with Maid-Rite tomato sauce". Maybe this Mulege pizza is better.

My daughter Brenda, decided to "do" pizza in the enramada. So I did the dough by hand (ugh - folded a hundred times), then tomato PASTE along with tomato sauce, honest-to-god pepperoni, fresh sliced mushrooms, sautéd onion and pimiento dulce (red and green bell pepper), quesos manchegos, y parmesanos. Sliced blood red saladita tomatoes, and chunks of piña. We cooked the pizzas in horno para pan. Sorta cheated and used leña guisachxe to fire the oven. Our hotel guests went nuts over the pizzas.

But alas, the store pizzas I've eaten so far in Mexico are every bit as sad as eating canned tamales in EUA.

I dearly hope the Mulege pizzas are indeed excellent because I shall certainly try one out!

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
divemulege
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 03:29 PM

Mulege Michael,
When you get back the first pizza is on me so you can get a fair shake!
Robert

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
I went by there today and placed an order for our 5 pm Sunday outing, a grande size BBQ Chicken Pizza (with beans, extra)-- really good!

BBQ chicken and beans may taste good, but it ain't pizza.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 06:30 PM

UH? Have you looked at the pizzas they offer in SoCal? Walnut with peaches? No cal Yogurt with fresh fruit? If ya dont like it dont buy it

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 06:47 PM

pizza is in the eye of the beholder!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 07:06 PM

Better keep movin', Bajahowodd. This is Chuckie's street corner for pimping pizza. :smug:
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 07:09 PM

Okay, we went to Scotty's tonight and will save room for Pizza tomorrow. Does that mean we have to wear scarves to scarf Pizza?

Poor guys who only come down here for short vacations who are so "rule bound" that they probably get excited when they get something as exotic as fish tacos.

Guess I better bring the camera and post a picture of this deal.

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 07:24 PM

Yes, it's Scarf Sunday at Gato Gordo's

so bring your scarf to scarf whatever flavour pizza you fancy.

Chuckie, call 'em tonight and place your order for 5ish tomorrow so it'll be ready.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
divemulege
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 08:54 PM
Specials

So you guys know also we are running weekly specials.

Sunday special is "buy any medium or large pizza and get a free order of spaghetti".

Thursdays special is "buy any medium or large pizza and all Corona and Pacifico is $1 per beer".

Are phone number is 615 153 0345 to order pizza. We start answering the phone at 4 pm unless you catch Laura in there earlier.

Thanks for everyone that has tried our pizza and special thanks for everyone that has come back and tried it with our new wood burning oven. It is a total difference and we are very happy to say it does not taste like "wet carpet" anymore! (Just joking Michael)

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2014 at 08:00 AM

Okay, it is agreed we wear scarfs or is it scarves to our pizza bash this afternoon. I will bring the camera so that we can record this event for those who care.

Just do me a favor and don't invite the "weird" or is that "odd" reviewer of restaurants. I just might have the capacity and capability to figure out for myself whether the pizza is good.

And I am going to sit by Mulege Michael since he gets a free pizza maybe he will buy me a beer.

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2014 at 08:16 AM

jim...i'll always buy ya a beer....especially when it's a buck!

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2014 at 10:49 AM

Shoot, if it is only a buck I could probably afford to buy us both one. :lol::lol::lol:

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 1-5-2014 at 11:54 AM

Count me in (if you are buying);)

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 1-5-2014 at 12:00 PM

Maybe you should all wear your Charger or 49er shirts along with the scarts!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Okay, it is agreed we wear scarfs or is it scarves to our pizza bash this afternoon. I will bring the camera so that we can record this event for those who care.

Just do me a favor and don't invite the "weird" or is that "odd" reviewer of restaurants. I just might have the capacity and capability to figure out for myself whether the pizza is good.

And I am going to sit by Mulege Michael since he gets a free pizza maybe he will buy me a beer.
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2014 at 12:36 PM

doc, i'm from seahawks country...niners are an evil word up our way!

Jonno_aus
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2014 at 12:41 PM

Stopped their over a week ago on the drive down. Pretty good! Got the spag as well. Nice to sit out and enjoy the air around a fire while eating pizza. Yes, it's not mexican. But a wise man once said that man must not live on tacos de pescado alone. Very true.

Good service. Beer is cold. The staff - youngsters - did a good job at waiting. Maybe overly so. Not a negative. Maybe they just eager to impress.

Perhaps a chicken BBQ isn't exactly traditional Italian pizza - what is if you're not it Italy? - but it tastes good!

:yes:
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 1-5-2014 at 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
doc, i'm from seahawks country...niners are an evil word up our way!

Looking forward to a Saint win next week. Gets us out of playing in that wet noisy hole.:yes::yes::yes:
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2014 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
UH? Have you looked at the pizzas they offer in SoCal? Walnut with peaches? No cal Yogurt with fresh fruit? If ya dont like it dont buy it

Did you perchance read my earlier posts about being from New York? Or about my friendship with the late Ed LaDou who is personally responsible for building Wolfgang Pucks empire and then creating the California Pizza Kitchen menu?

My original point was that "traditional pizza" never has all those ingredients on it. If you have never been to Naples(I have) you would find that the only pizza you could find is mostly cheese and tomato, or in some cases a single meat added such as pepperoni or sausage.
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.