BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Any regrets? In life I mean, would you change it?
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2014 at 08:36 PM

Hey bajadogs . . . glad to hear you say that. I enjoy your posts.

Developed as an introvert myself. Had to make myself be social. Still unnatural for me.

Anyway, we saved ourselves from being a politician.

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2014 at 09:57 PM

Thanks Bajacalifornian. Your posts have been some of the best I've seen here. So as a loner, or introvert, you sure have found a way to emerse yourself into some Baja. That's my regret.
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 5-21-2014 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trueheart
durrellrobert:

Was thinking exactly what you said when I saw the topic headline. Was wondering if anyone else thought the same, and bingo, there's your post.
That "ex" dilemma thing. Sure don't miss her, but kids/grandkids has higher standing.

I could have divorced her almost ten years prior and looking back it would have made more sense, been better for all. Live and learn. That past experience taught me what a wonderful wife I have now.

The "ex" decision is a regret for me because I wanted and still wish I would be married for life and work out the problems (or at least learn to live with them). I worked at it but it takes two to do that. If I could do that part again, I would wait and find a more compatible partner. Maybe my ex thinks the same way and I don't claim to be perfect.

My parents were married forever but watched tv in different rooms later in life??? So I don't know if Ward and Mrs. Cleaver exist. Do they? :?:
nbacc
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2014 at 08:46 AM

Regrets????? We all have some, even if we would not change them .....but go forward and continue to enjoy the ride especially if you are in Baja. Mine is not starting the Baja thing earlier in life.
unbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 11:09 AM

As a guy pushing 70, yes, I do have some regrets. How could anyone who has lived say more than half a century not have any regrets. Not possible. Either they're in denial or haven't spent enough time alone pondering the possible regrets of their life.

On the other hand, I feel blessed and could die a happy man tomorrow. Life is good and there for all to enjoy. Go for the gusto!

"I'm too young to be this old!"
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dirtbikr
I regret not realizing the mormon church is a cult and not getting out sooner.

I was gonna post something similar but you summed it up in a way.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by unbob
As a guy pushing 70, yes, I do have some regrets. How could anyone who has lived say more than half a century not have any regrets. Not possible. Either they're in denial or haven't spent enough time alone pondering the possible regrets of their life.

On the other hand, I feel blessed and could die a happy man tomorrow. Life is good and there for all to enjoy. Go for the gusto!

I repeat-------I honestly have no regrets--------period!!! I am 76 and have done almost everything I ever wanted to do. What's to regret??? You call it "denial"-------I call it a positive attitude.

Life is good!!!

Barry
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 11:36 AM

I'm not into the poetic "I wouldn't change a thing" type of thing. =)

I've made mistakes in life. Not big things, but things that I would do differently if given the chance to do over. But, there are no do-overs in life so I guess that idea is squashed.

I dated a couple girls way too long. Should've ended that earlier.

I've pulled back on some big waves, at the last second. Should've just gone for it.

One thing I wouldn't change: I decided to not go out and party with some friends in High School. That may have saved my life, because one died in the car crash, and the others are all mentally scarred. I wouldn't change that decision.

I regret saying some mean things to other kids growing up.

I guess we can only go forward into the future and make better decisions that enhance our relationships with other humans.

[Edited on 5-23-2014 by Ateo]
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Quote:

And all the other collection plates? You do understand they are all the same don't you?
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 11:41 AM

Ateo--------I have a terrible memory for stuff like you mention. It's not "denial", but it IS probably self-protection as I never dwell on bad stuff for long as it is------well-------depressing!!! :tumble:

(it drives my wife crazy) :lol:

Barry
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by unbob

Me too. I always heard the herd say "life is too short". I am not selfish, I will go happy when it's my time.

[Edited on 5-23-2014 by bajalearner]
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalearner
Quote:
Quote:

And all the other collection plates? You do understand they are all the same don't you?

Yep, they're all the same in my book. Send me your money to do the work of god..................and buy a fancy car. I was watching the 700 club this morning. That's a regret I have!
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 11:58 AM
Regrets? Some, But Nothing That Keeps Me Up at Night

Mostly, it's, "I wish I had been paying attention/been smart enough to realize the opportunity at the time."

Every sunrise is a new opportunity to expand on what is here and to accomplish mo' bettah.

:tumble:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Ateo--------I have a terrible memory for stuff like you mention. It's not "denial", but it IS probably self-protection as I never dwell on bad stuff for long as it is------well-------depressing!!! :tumble:

Barry

I hear ya on that! I tend to hold onto things in my mind. It's probably what makes me depressed though! Makes for better lyrics I guess.

Maybe your route is better though! :light:
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 12:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.

Barry

I hear ya on that! I tend to hold onto things in my mind. It's probably what makes me depressed though! Makes for better lyrics I guess.

Maybe your route is better though! :light:

Jon, one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Today is a NEW beginning - take a deep breath, smile, and START AGAIN.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 12:39 PM
Everythang's All Right

As one noted personality says when asked how he's doing..............."BETTER than I DESERVE".

Which is usually True.

My greatest regret at one time was not disposing of my last ex-wife, but I got over it.

Probably wouldn't have worked out and THEN I'd have Regrets worth mentioning.

And, God rewarded my decision by allowing me to be around after old age turned her into a crippled obese diabetic that I outlived.

Good decisions are their own reward ?
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 12:39 PM

Thanks Cisco. I was kind of being playful with that post......cuz I'm HAPPY!

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 12:40 PM

This thread started-off so positively that I held back saying anything. I have a lot of regrets, but I have also always been my own worst critic.

At 70 the one thing that keeps coming back as something I wish I could fix, or change, or apologize for is that when I was 21 I took advantage of a naive 18 year old college girl's crush on me to consensually use her for a night. I didn't have any feelings for her, and I had no concern for her feelings, and I know from the weeks that followed, that I caused deep emotional hurt to an innocent human.

I only have a little time left, and I'm making the most of it, but I felt it only honest to share that deep stinging recurring regret. My 'lesson learned' is not much use to the Nomad demographic, and perhaps not too meaningful to today's 18-20's, though I think it should be.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Not exactly a regret but close: my Catholic education was close to purgatory including the Jesuit university I dropped out of. The nuns could be charged with child abuse today.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-23-2014 at 12:45 PM
Feelings

Looking back at numerous such occasions I, like most (?) felt great affection.

Which usually faded with the daylight.
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.